MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 832

how to open a buy and sell order at the same time when the floating spread falls to zero (when ask price is equal to bid price)
[Deleted]
  GTerminal EA  (1)
Hello I had this EA always like to use to place trendlines Pendingorder, but he works on the new version of MT4 NOT MORE. Who can help me, Who knows a EA to trigger trendlines Pendingorder? regards Matthias
I want to make an EA based on one of my simple trading system. Its really very difficult to trade with manually using this system. That's why I want to make an EA. I hope it will profitable to all. I trade with this system with EU, GU, GJ, NU. its really work very well. Easily one can make 70-100...
  [help] TP code  (2)
how to code close order ex : order opbuy at the opening candle [0,] say it 1.3000, then ea close the order at closing [next candle] above 1.3000. it means at the closing bullish candle above 1.3000 ea only close that specific order, maybe there are several new opening order sell/buy after that one....
OK, so as we know the MT4 terminal time is set to EET. It has been seen in the past that certain countries change their daylight saving times , dates, or even shift to not using it, or using it all the time. Which country should I pay attention to, such that should that country change it's times
Hi guys, I'm new to all this, and was wondering if someone could help me understand how this works. I have installed MT4 and opened a demo account with a broker (AAAfx) a few weeks ago. I have done some trading with my demo account to get the gist of it. I was wondering if it is possible to run...
Hello I've gone through the help manual and it suggests that my terminal journal is logging and I can richt-click -> open a journal entry and it opens the explorer window showing the logs directory where the log for that entry is. It does that. But I look at the files and none of them have been...
  Start/Stop EA!  (2)
Hi, I have written EA and using for more than 5 different currency pairs. I open chart and applied my EA for different chart and different currency. currently i remove EA when i dont want to run EA for particulr currency. Is this possible to add code to start/stop EA as input parameters.if i need to...
New article Advanced Analysis of a Trading Account has been published: The article deals with the automatic system for analyzing any trading account in MetaTrader 4 terminal. Technical aspects of a generated report and interpretation of the obtained results are considered. Conclusions on improving...
Hello, Is there a code that automaticly remove only the EA on current chart? I havde tried : PostMessageA( WindowHandle( Symbol (), Period ()), WM_COMMAND, 33050 , 0 ); but it removed the EA on all charts
[Deleted]
How come running a back test on the same EA using the same broker, yields 2 diferent and completely different results. I used both computers and went to history center and reloaded data to make the test uniform , but the results are WILDLY different. Thanks for any imput
I have a multicurrency EA that operates on 27 pairs. It takes 4 trades for every trade opportunity 3 scale out and on trailer. Open orders quite often run up to 8-10 percent of the accountbalance rather fast and I like to take that I am implementing a "Total System" type TP and SL EA that monitors...
[Deleted]
Hello, It seems like MT4 refreshed all symbols (all currencies etc)... Is it possible to only make it refresh one FX pair ? When using 3G connection, it may be less data to send/receive if you only refresh the FX pair you're trading. Thanks Gregory
[Deleted]
Hi, how do I have the moving average look back to a certain number of bars ago? I tried the classic variable name with[2] after it, but that just gets me an error. I did search online and the help search and surprisingly cannot find any understandable info on this basic question on how to refer to...
[Deleted]
Hi, first im sorry if there is similar topic :) to the question. i would like to set my TP to close only 50% of my position at one price level and the other half on another price lvl. Now i can close 50% of podition only at market but im not present on market all day. So anyone know some solution ?...
[Deleted]
Hi guys, Can you help me, please, with my save default platform environment?
if a buy order is open and this is true(OrderOpenPrice()==OrderOpenPrice-(3*Point)) then close buy.
[Deleted]
  output as zero  (2)
hi, as below is a simple code i had create. But y output will be zero ? it suppose be 87.5 int int_lower_shadow = 70;int int_upper_shadow = 81;Print(((int_lower_shadow / int_upper_shadow) * 100)); Thanks
I have this WPR version with alerts. Is possible to have a different color ONLY for the last leg of the indicator, i mean the leg which repaints until the current candle hasn't finished yet? Then it turns on default color waiting for the next leg forming (of course in the different colour). Thank...
Hi, in order to perform a quick (binary) search within a string array to get the index I compare strings like that Symbols[mi] > sym It works as this amended script shows (try yourself): //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //|
New article Visual Optimization of Indicator and Signal Profitability has been published: This article is a continuation and development of my previous article "Visual Testing of Profitability of Indicators and Alerts". Having added some interactivity to the parameter changing process and having...
Dear all, How to set the description of a trendline object programmatically? I want to monitor the account equity at each trendline and to debug the code. I cannot find related description in ObjectSet function. Many thanks for your time and consideration. Your sincerely,taozemin.
  Control Points  (4)
If i backtest by using the control points,aka "the previous smaller timeframe's ticks", does that include by default the Open and Close price of the bar? So for example, if we have a bar on H1, if i backtest with control point, then will the open and close price of the bar will be simulated, the in...
Hi all, I wrote this script to extract all trades from order history from within specified dates based on order open time. I also am gathering data such as Ticket# Symbol, Open/Close time, Open/Closing price, Profit/Loss, highest profit during trade, and lowest profit (drawdown) during trade....
Hi all, I'm writing many functions in my EA. I saw some EAs or indicators using code like below : double f0_4() {   double ld_ret_0;........................... ...........................   return (ld_ret_0);} int f0_8(int ai_0) {   bool li_12;for (int li_16 = ai_0 + 1; li_16 <= ai_0 + 2;...
Hi, I'm just playing about with this app on my iPhone and can do all I need to except for one thing - how do you close a position? Tried everything and I just can't work this one out! Thanks, Martin
[Deleted]
Hi, i have a vps with a demo mt4 installation frim gkfx. It runs since yesterday with 4 simple eas. Everthing seems to be great 20-25 trades all in all what i expected (checked with my ipad at work). New stopp losses etc. everthing is okay. Then i checked the messages at experts again and i see...
I am getting order send error 130. If I try this on demo server of mt4 it works. But if I test in real account of broker instaforex it does not work. What could be the reason.
I just downloaded MT4 from the Meta Trader website. The platform defaults to FXCM as the broker, my broker is Redwood Options. How do I change the name? Also, do I have to be logged in to my account in order to use the platform? At the bottom of the platform page it shows not connected, and the...
[Deleted]
  Invalid stops  (11   1 2)
Hi, Im getting error 130 for a pending order. All the numbers seem correct, I don't understand why Im getting the error. See attachment Red upward arrow indicates the candle whose open is the time when Im trying to place BuyStop order. Lower line is the stoploss, upper one is the take profit and...