MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 829

I tried about 4 times to learn mql4 from 'the book', and gave up. This time I just watched lots of videos on youtube on it and hurray, I can now build a simple EA myself (after just 3 days of video watching!). Awesome! A few bits and bobs remain though to finish the strategy. Most of them I just...
[Deleted]
zigzag = iCustom("EURUSDpro",PERIOD_M15,"ZigZag",12,5,3,0,0) MA = iMA("EURUSDpro",PERIOD_M15,7,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0) help me. how to zigzag with MA If zigzag < MA ==> buy If zigzag >MA ==> sell thanks
Yea.I just opened a database file of EUR/USD, because i try to understand how MT4 compiles the raw data into candlesticks.The database was in M1 format for M1 candle O,H,L,C values, time,symbol and volume. The first rows are: <TICKER>,<DTYYYYMMDD>,<TIME>,<OPEN>,<HIGH>,<LOW>,<CLOSE>,<VOL> EURUSD...
[Deleted]
Hi,what is the most efficient way to convert OrderProfit() which initially gives profits/losses in currency, into pips,just so i could see and use the profits/losses in pips. Or if you can think of any other way of getting the current(not closed) profit/loss of a position that is opened right now...
I mean I use OrderModify() to change stop loss line ticket by ticket, each time an arrow will be produced(as below picture); this must give computer more burden and also I don;t want to see so much arrows. So how or what I set to get no arrows when OrderModify() is executed?
The code is very simple, but I can't understand why MT4's expert complain that "array to be set is of incompatible type" My codes are as below: #property indicator_separate_windowint counted=0;#property indicator_buffers 2#property indicator_color1 Silverint i[2];datetime current_time[];int...
How can I add a custom indicator to an expert advisor and use the custom indicator for signals? I have already read the following articles https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1457 and https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1456. My mind is a blank :) It seems that whoever wrote that, did a fine job of...
Hi, I have written EA using 2 strategies. one is using custom indicator with 30 minute timeframe. another strategy is no indicators. its pure breakout system. i take first 10 1hr candle high/low and place buystop/sellstop with highest/lowest price .my custom indicator startegy works well with 30min...
[Deleted]
Hi there, I saw your EA on ForexFactory. I am looking for EA to put Buy Stops, Buy limits, Sell limits, and Sell Stops. I am looking for some one to help me with the EA, or write it for me. I will also be willing to pay for it. Please let me know, if you can help me with the EA? Thanks and...
Hi, Im getting the following message, and ill attach the function that closes the order also... 2013.11.28 05:49:52     2012.12.21 12:40  Yoda GRInD v1.2 EURUSD,M1:  OrderTicket() = 11 CloseSellLot = 0.11 UMBRELLA EPTotalBuyProfit = 13.62013.11.28 05:49:52     2012.12.21 12:40  Yoda GRInD v1.2...
[Deleted]
Hello, does somebody know how i can calculate the Angle of a trendline? I know we will need all 4 values 2 time and 2 price values but how calculate then with the values?
Hello, I am willing to open an opposite order (hedge) when some opened order hits some condition, but I am in trouble getting to do it with array. What i got so far is: int order[]; int i; for ( int b = OrdersTotal ()- 1 ; b>= 0 ; b--) // check for the opened orders {
How to force my EA to only trade once a day Assume the EA open a position for the day, how do I set it to only trade once a day for that currency pair its attached to.
Anyway to get a plugin for point and figure charts. Or something to that effect. I am a newbie here, so it may take a while to figure this out.
Downloaded the VSA indicator signals plugin, and I believe some indicators are incorrect. Like no demand . It shows a no demand as a bearish signal with high volume. I believe this is wrong, a no demand is a bullish candle with lower volume than the previous 2 candles. It also shows a buying climax
Hi, Im a little bit confused with the ticket number for the order remaining, i have been doing tests and the order closed partially is the one with the ticket number already assigned with the beginning lots so whats the number for the lots left? Ex: I open an order with 1 lot and get ticket number...
Hi, could you tell me please, what is the difference between offline charts and live charts? I didn't found too much info about that. What they were designed for?. Which situation i would like to use them?. Best.
[Deleted]
Help! Can someone help me with adding Alert to that Indicator? I need an alert each time when parabolic switches from top to bottom / bottom to top. Thanks in advance
Hi, could you help me to understand how historical data works in MT4? for example, when we import data from other sources (for example yahoo), where this data is stored?, what symbol is the container? i am importing data from a .csv (previusly converted data into mt4 format) but i don't know what's
I cannot open mql5.com. Every time I try to open mql5.com, this message appears: 403 - запрещено. Доступ запрещен. Предоставленные учетные данные не дают права на просмотр этого каталога или страницы. Please help. Thank you. My username is: parlinsfx
Could someone please help me amend this code so the text is shown in the bottom left hand corner of the chart window rather than the top left corner which is where it currently appears?...
Hi guys please if anyone can give me an equivalent code to iBarshift, the expanded version of the function so i can study it more deeply.It can be in any programming language you want just i need it to study it .Thanks ahead!
The codes are as below: I just want to send an order to buy and then set a proper stopline for this order; but I find when this EA is executed, the stopline is up and down continually, so which bug cause this? int counted=0;int Move_Stop_Small=30,Move_Stop_Big=100;double Get_High,Get_Low;bool...
what happens in my code,its simple code for modify lot size,i give you 1 example if account balance is <10000 lot size = 0.1,then if account balance < 9900 lot size=0.2 etc etc...... thank you//------------------------------------------------------------------------------// switch...
Hi Im trying to understand why my EA is opening these strange trades - see image. I'm sure my EA would not - at least deliberately - open these trades, with these comments. The comments allude to the trades being matched. Any ideas why these trades would occur?
Hello. I am looking for Advance Decline Line Indicator for mt4. Thanking you.
I know I've been pretty incessant with regards to OrderClose() function and multiple closes, but it does something quite strange. Usually what would happen at target 1, 2 or 3 is the open positions predefined lot value will be closed out. However, what I have seen (maybe ONCE) is when price >=...
I mean whether we can get all the information about the orders which have been closed, such as how the orders are closed, by "stop loss " or by OrderClose(), if we can, which functions should be used?
[Deleted]
Hi everyone, Anybody who is interested in running MetaTrader smoothly on a Mac without Parallels or any other VM PM me Cheers...
Hello, I'm using my own ea in my pc at home. I dont want others to access my robot that's why I prefer to run it over my pc. However I heard the possibility that broker company which i have account could reach my /experts folder and copy my expert. Is this possible? Some broker companies have their...