MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1268

Hi friends, I'm new to neural network.I read, installed and tested the subject code(given as examples) and found that the network predicted accurately arithmetic series. I want to know how can I use this in my expert adviser because when i tried to compile it gave the compilation error as given...
[Deleted]
Hi Sorry if this question has been answered before,I didn't manage to find an answer by searching. I have been finding problems with EAs that execute OCO or trailing stop orders needing the user to manually confirm entry before the actions are carried out. The market window will pop up needing the...
[Deleted]
  PLEASE HELP  (1)
what is the minimum amount to open a real trading account, I also need financial assistance to trade with,I am a poor man. thanks.
[Deleted]
I trie to prog an easy EA. It should buy & sell at the same time (only one trade per hour or day) with trailing stops. But I get the error message "ordermodify error 1" What can i do? THX FOR HELP //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|...
[Deleted]
Hello, I have written a custom indicator that uses the switch of parabolic sar and awesome indicator to show me when to enter a trade, I have been trying to put the code into a EA with no luck, any help would be most appreciated. I have tried a few ways of putting it into an EA, by copying and...
  Help me make EA  (1)
Hello...anyone can help me to make me EA with this indicator ? this indicator is like zigzag. When this indicator appear, then we take position. Thank you.
[Deleted]
What is the augmentation symbol? I can get an alert if " A>1.999" by using the sign ">". But what sign should I use if the only thing I want is to get an alert if the value of "A" increases?
[Deleted]
Hi! Thanks for your help. I know this is probably super simple but I'm stumped. I would like to modify the RSI Sound Alert with loop below to add a counter, whereby after 'x' times the alert will stop. I would like the 'x' to be a user input. I took a stab at it but am getting an error ("i"...
the code section below: it does not execute: store_ind3="blank"; store1_ind3="blank"; am I doing something wrong ???? ... string store_ind3; string store1_ind3; ... RefreshRates(); ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,(lot_size),Bid,slippage*Point,Ask+(maxSL*Point)...
[Deleted]
Hello, is there a way to retrieve the path and filename of the EX4 file, which called the DLL library? Thank you Martin
I have development versions of My EA's and only compile those normally but I am curious, does compiling an EA while it's running mean that all those changes take effect immediately? Or not until you reload? Would this cause all of your variables to reset?
[Deleted]
what is the difference between for and foreach?
Using FileReadString() and StringSubstr() and comparing to "//" does not match the symbol to indicate the start of a single line comment, the solution was to convert to ASCII char code with StringGetChar(). Possibly a control or escape character escapes me!
[Deleted]
Dear Sirs, I want write a function for my EA that after X continuous loose trades sleep for Y times and next starts. After new start if we meet again X continuous loose trades sleep for Y times and next starts. I want do this cycle when meet it. I am tried and wrote below code: extern int...
Hi, I backtested an EA on 1H timeframe (that only uses closes on previous 1H bars, no tick data) on tick and then on bar opening. The backtest on the tick gave me a 100% return, while the on open it gave me 10%, with of course very different graphics. Assuming the 'every tick' backtest is the...
[Deleted]
Hi, I am having this problem that I can't solve for 2 weeks. I want to check if the current day is the first Sunday of the month. I seem to can't reconcile my code to do this. I need a function basically to tell me the current Day is the DayofWeek of the Month. In others words, for example, is...
  iStochastic  (2)
Hi I am using iStochastic and the values it returnes does not match what I have on the indicator on the charts. I have made sure that the all the modes are correct and also compared the indicator on the charts to make sure that all are the same stoch1=iStochastic(Symbol(),time_period,PeriodsK...
The problem is that the week starts on MT4, but when using iTime onSunday the 8th when market opens, MT4 gives open time as last week(e.g. August 1st instead of August 8th). Not until sometime duringmiddle of night in U.S. does MT4 actually give Sunday the 8th as themarket open, so that it shows...
[Deleted]
I'm searching the menu where to change the settings for market watch. The chart is drawing on the left side only and most of the space is unused.
Hi All, OrderClose(132443329,3,Bid,3,Red); Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong. according to the documentation this line above should close the order, but nothing happens, if I do it manualy then their is no problem! Thanks in advance Crunchy
[Deleted]
Does anyone know if there are any Introduction to EA Programming videos out there. Have been trying to learn MQL4 language but finding it a bit hard without someone actually showing me how to do it via the books. Are there any video training courses out there. I live in Sydney Australia and there...
  Faster manualy?  (1)
Hi All, why is it when I am an order send using mql4 is so slow, but manualy is very fast? Thanks Crunchy
HI, I got this problem suddently, never before and not in my other EA's, and I cant seem to locate the reason.... x=5; x*Point=0.0001 I have done a MarketInfo for Point followed by a RefreshRates() and still, everything I *Point, comes out bad. Same occurrence with my var "point" or the system...
What would be the best way to determine a range in an EA. I am thinking of starting an EA that would start a trade on the breakout of a ranging market. Except I can't think of the best way to determine a ranging market and the highs and lows. I would think it would be something like trading X many...
[Deleted]
Hi all, what is your running time for your EA in both testing and optimization mode? I need to know if my EA is running too slow. My machine is a Intel Quad-core 6GB RAM. Currently, for both modes, it takes around 45mins for M1 (timeframe) for start: 2010-Jan to end: 2010-June What are the things to...
[Deleted]
In candlestick charts, how do I get the market minute to display, in order to avoid having to convert my time (Pacific). I wish to use this to compare with backtest in my trend analysis software.
hi where i can find one indicator for triangle pattern ? thanks
Hey guys,  just wondering, what is the best way to protect my EA against decompiling or stealing. Or you guys prefer to host your EA on service or running your EA on private computers. cheers, A.
[Deleted]
Can somebody please share with function that moves trailing stop by jumps. For example, moves stop loss every 10 pips. Many thanks.