MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 822

#property copyright "mankin"#property link      ""#property indicator_separate_window#property indicator_minimum 0#property indicator_maximum 1#property indicator_buffers 1#property indicator_color1 Blueextern int Number_Of_Bars =40;double Prob_calc[];double MA[];double...
How to read a .txt file, if it's even possible, character by character ? Or if its not possible then by separated characters with 1 space.
Hi I am a newbie just signed-in. I would like someone to guide me where I can train myself in the various functionalities of Met4 chart. I mean from 0 to the advanced level. Your help in this subject I very much appreciated
Hi guys, i have an EA which i coded myself entirely, and apparently it doesnt put on trades for i dont know what reason.I wont tell you what the algorithm does but i can tell that no matter what the market conditions are it should trade atleast 1 trade/day, since in backtest it traded in average 20...
Hi, I think one of the issues with performance for my optimizations is that i calculate one of my indicators - ZIgZag on every tick instead of every new candle. I am already using the Time[0] for my TP function so I thought I could use this in a similar way for the ZigZag indicator. I already have a...
Hello everybody, I have an EA. I open 20 charts and attach that EA to chart. When an EA on an individual chart has signal, i want it to show the chart it attached to on top of other charts. Because i have 20 charts opening at the same time so don't want to search for the chart that EA attached each
according to my acknowledge, when we send an order on MT4 with its stop loss by ordersend(), the MT4 operator can see the stop loss, and if we set stop loss by EA, nobody can see it. so why not set 0 as stop loss in Ordersend() and set real stop loss by EA all?
I am testing my ea on 14 year time frame. Lot size is calculated on the % of account free margin. But after some time lot size stops increasing and it is constant at 500. What is wrong here
[Deleted]
int theBarh1,theBarh2;double theHighest1=0,theHighest2=0;double price_h1,price_h2;int stoch_bar;double stoch=iStochastic("EURUSDpro",PERIOD_M15,5,3,3,MODE_EMA,1,MODE_SIGNAL,0);if(stoch<80){for(int bar1 = 0; bar1 <= 40;bar1++){double stoch1;stoch1 = iStochastic("EURUSDpro",PERIOD_M15,5,3,3,MODE_EMA,1...
My strategy searches >40 pairs to find the opportunities I'm looking for. The problem is that when I find an opportunity I then have to scroll through all the pairs. They're not even in order on my broker and it takes a few minutes sometimes to find each pair. I'd much rather be able to open the...
I am wondering if we can assign a zero "0" to take profit in the OrderSend() and then change modify it later ?
Hi everyone, can anyone explain why Go Markets and Pepperstone who are both using mt4 platforms shouls show different candle patterns for the same times..............seems really strange when they both profess to use the same time bases being New York closing time?
[Deleted]
int start(){      Print(Time[0]);      return(0);} Hi, I was examining my back-test trades and noticed some spots that should have traded but didn't. So I started the investigation... AUDUSD, June 4the 2013, 1 minute chart back-testing on every tick setting. Here's what I found.. After verifying...
[Deleted]
I've researched the boards and came across the "rename Terminal.ini file and restart" method, unfortunately that did not work. A new Terminal.ini was never created (it should have been, right?). In fact, I eventually removed the Terminal.ini and still no new Terminal.ini created...strange, huh? I am...
Hello, I closed MT4. Downloaded a couple of EA's. EX4 and MQL4 files are seen in Experts folder but not in the Navigator in terminal. Even tried "compile" from the editor and they still don't show. Can anyone help?
[Deleted]
I have a csv file (eurolevel.csv) with eight support and resistance levels in column A How can I create a custom indicator for metatrader 4 which can read these levels and put them on a 1hr EURUSD chart? Thank you for your help.
int start()  {  int i,   n,   Counted_Bars;  double Sum,   NatLog,   Sum_Sq,   Avg,   Avg_Sq,   Rms,  R_0,  R_1,  E_0,  E_1;    //------------------------------------------------------------------  Counted_Bars= IndicatorCounted();  i=Bars-Counted_Bars-1;  if...
[Deleted]
I was wondering, Has anyone created or seen a MACD in a form of a candlestick? Not a MACD on a chart but at the indicator window. For an example, like the value chart or the belkayate timing indicator. If you have seen one, you mind letting me know.. Thank you in advance and happy trading to you
I have made an EA with a function to move "stop loss", I set two parameters for this function"extern int Move_Stop_Small=5,Move_Stop_Big=10;", when I test it many times and modified these two parameters many times, once I set "extern int Move_Stop_Small=10,Move_Stop_Big=20;". what is surprising is...
Hi Guys, Do you have any idea how to check profit for all closed EURUSD positions from current day? The code below returns only last closed order profit. OrderSelect(OrdersHistoryTotal()-1, SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_HISTORY);    Print(OrderProfit()); I make deals on EURUSD and EURJPY, but need only...
  Help to get lower price  (11   1 2)
Hi Guys, I want to get the lower bar price value for the period from any time the function is called to the previous 3 /for example/ higher TF bars. What I have missed in the code? This function is in cycle, and gets the lowerTF bar number in iValue. Appreciated. Thank you in advance. double...
What type of pseudorandom algorithm does the MathRand( ) uses, and how random is it? Secondly,is there any way to obtain true random numbers in MQL4 code?
[Deleted]
Which is the best way to detect if the price has touched or crossed a trend line
Is there anyway to make text in "Comment()" different font or even color? Or how to make colorful or fontable text in left-up corner of chart? (All I want is to make the text I set easier to see) Thanks so much for your helps and time!!
[Deleted]
Hi all, I am a newbie to MQ4. I am trying to create an EA that places the order after a few bars from a Moving Average Crossover. I know how to identify the Moving Average crossover. I know how to count the number of bars. But when I combine these two into a single EA I cannot get the expected...
As a newbie with MQL4 I feel that I am wasting time trying to correct and compile a relatively small and simple custom indicator progam when it should be a quick task for someone with experience in MQL4 programming. I genuinely feel that it will be very useful to run this program so as to get...
  4051 ,1 errors,etc  (11   1 2)
int start(){//IF ORDER'S TOTAL NUMBER BELOW TWO OPEN PENDING ORDERS  while(OrdersTotal()<2){   int Emiral=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYSTOP,0.1,Ask+MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_STOPLEVEL)*Point,3,Ask-500*Point,Ask+1000*Point,0);   int Emirsat=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELLSTOP,0.1,Bid-MarketInfo(Symbol()...
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                     Reverse_Grid_Martingale .mq4 |//|                              Copyright � 2008, Constin           |//|                                             Constin@ForexFactory...
Hi, I want to make a series of indicators that will be presented as a histogram with three buffers (for long, short and range). I started with a simple one but it looks like I stuck. It is a simple MA. If close [i] is less than the value MA [i] then Sell [i] = 1. What is wrong in the code? Thank you...
I am new to MQL4 and I would love to be in contact with someone reasonably close to my home so that we can occasionally get together to help one another about forex trading in general, and especially in using MQL4. One of us may have better knowledge in somethings forex and MQL4 while the other has...