15m candle clock in 5m chart window?

Sorry, for this possibly stupid question ...

But as I am trading binary options sometimes, I really could use a candle clock timer, which shows the remaining time of a 15 minute candle in a 5 minute chart window ...

I have tried modifying some existing indicators I have found on the net, but I simply don't get that to work ... not really surprising, as I have absolutely no programming skills and I can barely understand the code I see :)

So here is my question: would that even be possible?

TIA

mbma:

So here is my question: would that even be possible?

Yes it is possible and simple, have you had a look in the CodeBase ?

RaptorUK:
Yes it is possible and simple, have you had a look in the CodeBase ?

Thanks for the quick answer ... yes, I tried searching for that, but had with no success ... but I'm not native English, so maybe I just use the wrong keywords for that ...

If you have a specific solution/indicator in mind, I would be glad for a link ... many thanks!

mbma:

Thanks for the quick answer ... yes, I tried searching for that, but had with no success ... but I'm not native English, so maybe I just use the wrong keywords for that ...

If you have a specific solution/indicator in mind, I would be glad for a link ... many thanks!

Try this: https://www.mql5.com/en/code/11051

with these changes . .

extern int       location=1;
extern int       displayServerTime=0;
extern int       fontSize=9;
extern color     colour=Silver;

extern int TimeFrame = 15;   //  add this line  desired TimeFrame in minutes

<Edit in RED>

and this . . .

leftTime =(Period()*60)-(TimeCurrent()-Time[0]);

// change to . . .

leftTime =(TimeFrame * 60) - ( TimeCurrent() - iTime(NULL, TimeFrame, 0) );

RaptorUK:

Try this: https://www.mql5.com/en/code/11051

with these changes . .

and this . . .

Thanks for your help, but there must be a typo or something? ... I can't even place the modified indicator in my chart window ... when I attach it -> nothing happens ???

I assume, if I use blanks (like in your suggested modification) or no blanks (like in the original code) doesn't matter, right?

mbma:

Thanks for your help, but there must be a typo or something? ... I can't even place the modified indicator in my chart window ... when I attach it -> nothing happens ???

I assume, if I use blanks (like in your suggested modification) or no blanks (like in the original code) doesn't matter, right?

Blanks ? you mean spaces ? you can use as few or as many as you like . . . did you compile the code in MetaEditor to check for errors ?

Sorry . . . typo on my part . . .

extern int  TimeFrame = 15;   //  add this line  desired TimeFrame in minutes

. . . is correct.

RaptorUK:

Blanks ? you mean spaces ? you can use as few or as many as you like . . . did you compile the code in MetaEditor to check for errors ?

Sorry . . . typo on my part . . .

. . . is correct.

Yes, actually I meant spaces :) ... but now the code works anyway ...

Many thanks for your very kind help!!!

Reason: