bypassing firewalls

I need to bypass the firewall restrictions at work. I've used a broker that uses "HTTP tunneling" that, in many cases, will bypass firewall or router restrictions.

Is this an option in MT4? If not, what are my options?

Thanks for your help . . .

See settings of proxy and article MetaTrader 4 Working under Antiviruses and Firewalls

Rosh wrote >>

See settings of proxy and article MetaTrader 4 Working under Antiviruses and Firewalls

I have the same problem with a firewall. This solution does not work for me.

I enter the server ip as 192.168.0.1:3128 and when I click the TEST button I get the following message
"This proxy server is not suitable. Please verify correctness of the server address and port".

The computer has a McAfee firewall installed. In addition there may be another server firewall also.

Furthermore, I have tried 2 different broker MT4 platforms. The Alpari Ltd Russia MT4 demo platform works properly. The FXDD MT4 platform displays a "no conection" message at the bottom right hand corner of the MT4 window.

Any help would be appreciated. I don't understand why one platform would connect and not the other.

"I enter the server ip as 192.168.0.1:3128"

You should enter the address of the proxy you want to use, not the one from the example.

The easiest way would be to ask your network administrator at work for help. Bypassing the company firewall without permission could be seen as an attack against the company's security infrastructure and i have heard from people being fired for things like that! The firewall is most likely there for a reason!

7bit:
"I enter the server ip as 192.168.0.1:3128"

You should enter the address of the proxy you want to use, not the one from the example.

The easiest way would be to ask your network administrator at work for help. Bypassing the company firewall without permission could be seen as an attack against the company's security infrastructure and i have heard from people being fired for things like that! The firewall is most likely there for a reason!

Any idea why the Alpari platform connects and FXDD does not?

Reason: