Call a MetaTrader Script from Excel VBA

Dear All,

here is a suggestion how one can call a MetaTrader Script from Excel VBA. Unfortunately the code does not compile any more with the Build 600. Is there a possibility to call the MT Script (build higher than 600) from Excel VBA?

Thank you very much!

since B600 > strings used as UNICODE therefore you have to adapt the code for instance ShellExecuteW and not ShellExecuteA

user_123:

Dear All,

here is a suggestion how one can call a MetaTrader Script from Excel VBA. Unfortunately the code does not compile any more with the Build 600. Is there a possibility to call the MT Script (build higher than 600) from Excel VBA?

Thank you very much!

Just saying "the code does not compile" isn't very helpful, and doesn't tell us what problems you are actually encountering.

Perhaps if you could please provide us the specific details and error messages, we might be able to assist you.

Also, please explain what task you would specifically like to accomplish. There may be alternatives to what you are trying to do.

CodeMonkey:

Just saying "the code does not compile" isn't very helpful, and doesn't tell us what problems you are actually encountering.

Perhaps if you could please provide us the specific details and error messages, we might be able to assist you.

Also, please explain what task you would specifically like to accomplish. There may be alternatives to what you are trying to do.

I have a MetaTrader script which stores some data in csv files. I would like to run this script from a vba macro. After the script has created all csv files, the vba macro should continue processing with the csv files in Excel. Because this procedure must be performed frequently, it would be advantageous if the script could be called directly from the vba macro.

I have listed the older post here, because the questioner wanted to do something similar. But I do not know at the moment, if this code helps me.

Thank you very much!
Reason: