MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 744

Hi everybody. I have a .net app that I use for to connect the mt4 and get data and others functions. When my pc sleep or suspend and after sometime resume again, the mt4 auto update the data in charts. Including a small sound play. The problem is that my app not detect it. I do it detect when my pc...
[Deleted]
Hi there,  I am having a problem opening my MT4 platform. After having downloaded it about a year ago I uninstalled it but I have recently reinstalled it. I am using a Mac OS so I used Wine to install it. It all seemed ok but every time i try to open the terminal it comes up with a message saying...
Hey, im looking for a method  to read out bars, and how can i check them for bull or bear bar etc. I coudnt found something helpfull in the mql4 references, just    int Bars and iBarShift but i dont know how to check with these function  for single values.
I have a file abc.csv and there are multiple variable value pairs in there separated with a "#" character -  a#4 b#3 c#4.67 and so on. Here is the code : string listcsv="abc.csv"; string listarray[500]; filehandle=FileOpen(listcsv, FILE_BIN|FILE_READ|FILE_WRITE); int t=FileReadArray(filehandle,...
  MT4 & WIN7  (2)
after upgrading to Win7 From WIN XP    some indicators (.ex4) do not work. please advise
[Deleted]
I'm working on an EA and I want it to be able to check if there are any closed orders on the current symbol within the past so many periods. The amount of periods would be a variable. Is this possible
Is  there a  method to read an indicator's chart visualisation?  
It seems there will always be another hurdle. I thought I was ready to go live: paste my custom indicator into a live account, but CRASH! it produced nothing even approaching the results that it does in the demo account. (Same broker for both accounts). Sure enough, I go back and find data...
Hi Coders! Does anybody have a working NamedPipes Server-Client solution for MT4 B600+? I tried to rewrite to B600+ without success. Thank you in advance. Relative
My function prints the order position where i expect it to print the order ticket number. I followed the format from https://docs.mql4.com/trading/orderticket . It appears it should print the ticket number. Can one of my coding heros here please help me understand? # Property Strict is not in my EA...
Dear Traders, Please Help me to Solve this Problem, My Buy/Sell Condition given bellow but its not working, Buy Condition iMA ( Symbol (), 0 , 3 , 0 , MODE_LWMA , PRICE_TYPICAL ,i)> iMA ( Symbol (), 0 , 10 , 0 , MODE_LWMA , PRICE_TYPICAL ,i) && iMA ( Symbol (), 0 , 3 , 0 , MODE_LWMA , PRICE_TYPICAL
Hi community !   I am not an expert in the developement of an EA, this why i need some help from you.  I will appreciated any information or advice :)   I am currently using an EA that looks like an hedging method. In result i have in real time many opened trade...some one have TP and SL with the...
Dear all   I want to use Accelerator Oscillator as icustom function but I can't locate it.   Would anyone please help?    Thanks a lot!     wing 
HELLO,  i want help to get a content from url and put it in variable  by using wininet.dll  , InternetOpenW      i see alot of codes  on the fourm but all of it not work    please i need a simple working code  thanks :) 
[Deleted]
Hi Everyone, I write an indicator that has Entry/TP/SL buffer and it show arrow/value on chart correctly. However, it doesn't feed trading EA correctly. the EA start many positions where there is no value on the Entry bufferfrom the indicator. Some how it still have Entry/SL/TP. I narrow down to 1...
[Deleted]
I have few Expert advisors and custom indicators installed in my MT4 terminal (build 646). After dragging en expert or a custom indicator into the window the parameters window opens only with RESET button (without "OK", "Cancel" buttons) - see attached screen shot. However For regular indicators -...
HELLO,   i neade to open url to send data to the site from EA   by using wininet.dll  , InternetOpenW     i see alot of codes  on the fourm but all of it not work    please i need a simple working code    thanks :)     
[Deleted]
I'm using Blackberry Z10 using Blackberry 10 OS. Now Blackberry 10 OS is supporting for all *.apk application. I installed mt4 for my Blackberry. Everything is good except the chart. I cannot move the chart by touch the screen. And when I want to change the chart to another currencty or timeframe,...
the attached indicator does not work on my Metatrader 4. It is a free indicator. Can some one help me to fix it?
i do have a test file in Files Folder       and the script code is: #include <Files\FileTxt.mqh>CFileTxt FileTxt;void OnStart(){//---   string terminal_data_path=TerminalInfoString(TERMINAL_DATA_PATH);   string filename=terminal_data_path+"\\MQL4\\Files\\"+"share.txt";      Print(filename);...
[Deleted]
Hi folks, I'm making a signal table indicator, much like a basic "traffic light" and one of my parametres is whether price is above or below the opening range for a session. Below is the code for the Asian Session, it's compiling ok but not working (traffic light isn't green or red). Any suggestions
[Deleted]
Build: MetaTrader, Version 4.00 Build 646 (30 Apr 2014) MetaEditor, Version 5.00 Build 934 (30 Apr 2014) Bug description: Passing datetime input (or extern) parameter OTHER THAN 0 to another custom indicator causes MT4 to hang indefinitely. (I suspect you haven't adapted iCustom calls to new...
hey :), i try to make a bot (EA). he shoud use a indicator like this how i can buy an (SO) option at the (red) arrow?
[Deleted]
This was thankfully just a Demo acct. Test when this happened. What happened was, I was doing Sunday night on a fairly advanced EA on multiple currency pairs. It was set to trade on just one microlot or .01 lots. Has been working fine until last night for some reason on the GBPUSD it did several...
  new Compiler  (7)
I have recently tried to modify an existing MQ4 indicator and with the new (joint MQL4/MQL5) compiler have masses of errors produced from a program that has worked perfectly well when compiled with the old MQL4 compiler. Below is an example: #define ACR.Time     0  // Array Copy Rates#define ACR...
Hello Please i need help coding my EA to work with my broker ( no ECN broker ) i'm a begginer on mt4 programming could anyone explain to me what should i do ?!  ( the EA is attached ) Thanks a lot
[Deleted]
Hello, I have different patterns for buy signals, i'm trying to save them in an array. The array would have "0" as value for each bar, except +1 when it's a buy signal bar and -1 for sell signal bar. So i did : SignalHisto[i] = 0; by default, and = 1 or = -1 when i have my signal bars. Now i try to...
Hello, im new in coding with mql4 . So my problem is that everytime i start my Expert Adivsor via Debugger , he automaticly select the Symbol EurUsd . How can i change these ? I tried to Change over Strategie Window but nothing happend. Pls Help me :)
[Deleted]
Hi Everyone, I am writing an indicator based on 2 variables. The rule is that: Whenever variable1 (take value 0 and 1) turns to 1 from 0. find the very first bar (including this turning bar) that has variable1 =1 and varibale2=100. It is like looking back, and I choose to look back 5 bars. My...