What is the name and the path to the expert- (indicator-, script-) template with which a new EA is 'started'

Hi,

In the pre-500-mt4 I was able to change mt4 default-extpert (and the others) now I can't find them any more.

Anybody with a hint - please?

Thanks in advance,

Gooly

WHRoeder:
gooly: I can't find them any more.
Data Structure in MetaTrader 4 Build 600 and Higher - MQL4 Articles

I know this page, but it does not give the answer - may be I wasn't clear enough.

If I start writing a new EA I get an expert-template, an 'empty' expert - I want to change this 'empty' expert- (indicator,..)  template.

I can't  see these templates. Beside that all my terminal are running /portable in 'my' folders...

gooly:

I know this page, but it does not give the answer - may be I wasn't clear enough.

If I start writing a new EA I get an expert-template, an 'empty' expert - I want to change this 'empty' expert- (indicator,..)  template.

I can't  see these templates. Beside that all my terminal are running /portable in 'my' folders...

Doesn't work any more with the new Metaeditor.

angevoyageur:
Doesn't work any more with the new Metaeditor.

Thank you, even for bad news - but - why the hell do I have a computer if I need to do it all myself?

gooly:

Thank you, even for bad news - but - why the hell do I have a computer if I need to do it all myself?

I agree. But we can only do with that or use an other editor (which is not a good solution in my opinion).

What I do is create a __TEMPLATE__ (ea or script/indicator...) then use "Save as..." when I want to create a new code.

Well I tried to avoid this 'private' solution: all of a sudden you press in haste save or you forget to save-as and all has to be 'repaired'.

Ok you have to have a back up - do you see things get nasty which have been and could be so easy!!

gooly:

Well I tried to avoid this 'private' solution: all of a sudden you press in haste save or you forget to save-as and all has to be 'repaired'.

Ok you have to have a back up - do you see things get nasty which have been and could be so easy!!

And there is even no possibility to switch the templates off, so every time I create a new file I am forced to chose the template first, then select all the content in the created file, delete it, save and paste my basic code. Annoying, but it is just a start, the rest of the editor is not much better.
Reason: