MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 747

Hello, I have made a tick scalper which seems to be very good in backtest. However, modeling quality is only 25%. Where can I download the tick data to make 99% modeling quality? This EA only trades when price accelerates to a certain point, and I have never traded a scalper in a live account. My EA
Hi guys few weeks ago i got a statement from someone to check and this EA is really amazing i need this one Please check below statement of Real account and tell me it's name and if you can make like this please please share with me Many thanks.   <link removed by moderator>    
Hi there, I have an EA and I had a back testing on a tick data from 2004 to 2014 (via tickstory) because I wanted to check the results on multi-year and in various market conditions (it's not HFT algo). Here's the thing: on GBP-USD I get very good results: about 40-50% per year on average. On other
Hello everyone, I have MT4 646 and I'm trying to find a way to download a csv file from a web inside of metatrader or to use mysql if it possible. I found a lot of resources here but it didn't work for me, I guess it's because of 646 build . I would be appreciated for some help here.... Thanks
Hi since the last version im not able to do a backtesting in no visual mode , i can only do seeing it , with the slower time and the mpossibility to do an optimization , why is this hapeing ?am i doing something wrong?   When i press Start , the button change to stop but the green bar is not...
Hi everyone, This is a very dull question. Sorry. I have been testing a couple of EAs on a server.  I set them up running on lots of charts on two separate metatrader instalations.  Sometimes it was the same currency pair but different timeframes.  I used a different magic number for each chart and...
Hello, I would add the value of my "smooth coefficient" in the mail I received usually. Could you please advise how I should process to get it ? I added the text highlighted in yellow but it doesn't work. smooth_coefficient = 2.0 / (1.0 + EMA_period); Alert(Symbol(), " DSS UP ON ", Period(),...
  Helping with EA!  (2)
Hello guys, I want to be helped about how to program easy tasks in mt4. I will give an example about what i wish. If the gold price is traded on resistance zone at 1310 and i know that the gold will drop to 1300, i might enter a short position. Ok, but if the price match 1300, could i put an expert...
[Deleted]
Hello MQL4 community,   I am new to programming MQL4 and backtesting mit MetaTrader4 and have the following problem. I wrote an very simple EA which seems to work so far. But I have a problem...the profit does not match the open and closing of the positions:      The shown profit seems to be 1/4th...
I would like to receive information on the following issues: Is the error message of Market is closed only shown when trading session is closed - on weekend or holiday. Could the market still move when the MT4 servers are in Market is closed mode? Answers would be appreciated
Hi Guys, I need to know what my max available lot size would be for my current position (having already one or more trades open)?  In MT5 I believe you could just call a method.  So for example if I have 2 trades open, I then need the max value for lot size just before I will get error code 134 -...
[Deleted]
I can add lines, but I don't know how to delete lines from the screen. Please help! Thanks.
Hi all, I just downloaded the latest mql4 platform from my broker's website , after compiling my expert advisor , i got the warning that the return value should be checked for the following OrderSelect OrderClose OrderModify but i did not have this challenge from the old platform . what do i do? i
Hi Folks,  I'm convinced there's an article that explains how to use the common data folder for classes. But I can't find it. I've searched via google and via this search form. I've tried to create classes in the folder, doesn't want to do it, I've tried to import the classes, no joy, I've tried to...
Hi, When I add two standard MACDs to the same indicator window (and hide the histogram so that I can only see the Signal line) then the values are different than if I have a totally new indicator which combines the two signal lines of the MACDs.   Below is a sample of the issue.  The top "indicator"...
  Level 2 DATA  (1)
Is there any Level 2 DATA available on Forex?   Does anyone know why  long BuysOrders=SymbolInfoInteger(Symbol(),SYMBOL_SESSION_BUY_ORDERS);long SellOrders=SymbolInfoInteger(Symbol(),SYMBOL_SESSION_SELL_ORDERS);double BuyOrderVolume = SymbolInfoDouble(Symbol()...
[Deleted]
Hi there,  I am looking for the source code from the standard Ichimoku Kinko Hyo (which unfortunately you can not edit or change) for MT4 (not the Ichimoku.mq4 in the Custom Indicators!).  The background is as follows, that the standard indicator of the clouds, the surfaces completely fills at...
[Deleted]
Popular services providing forex managed accounts?
I was just wondering if it was possible to do so because I have been having trouble with it.   Nvm, the problem persists.
Hi Guys, As new in learning mql4, i have manage to throw some basic codes and get started with my EA for a little while. Unfortunately, with limited knowledge of the available functions to use, stalled on some part of the codes logic. By the way, the part that i'm having difficulties with is the...
Hi, Lets say we have something like this:  void OnChartEvent(const int id,         // Event identifier                    const long& lparam,   // Event parameter of long type                  const double& dparam, // Event parameter of double type                  const string& sparam) // Event...
I have a Moving average crossover EA which working fine for me but I would like to add more setting/filter on it to maximize the profit. Kindly refer to the print screen for my EA.   Please help me on the MT4 codding based on condition as below:-  1) Buy order & Sell order Opening Price The...
Hi, I get incorrect series array using (error 4054) in the sleep below, most of the time. Am I doing the return handling correctly ? I have code like this: MqlRates rates[]; int copied; ArraySetAsSeries(rates, true);      for(int j=50; j>0; j--) {     ResetLastError();   copied =...
[Deleted]
Hi.. I have csv file as below:- Date,Time,Time Zone,Currency,Event,Importance,Actual,Forecast,PreviousSun May 25,23:50,GMT,JPY,JPY Bank of Japan April 30 meeting minutes,Low,,,Mon May 26,,,EUR,EUR German Import Price Index (MoM),Low,,,-0.6%Mon May 26,,,EUR,EUR German Import Price Index (YoY),Low,,...
Hello, I have a question, is there a way to code EA to make more than 1 cycle (e.g OrderSend) after getting a tick form market. Sometimes time between tick's is long and I want to open 3 buy orders. Today with my coding skills I need to wait for 3 market ticks to occure to get 3 buy orders open. Is...
Thee was an old topic from 2006 with this question, but it wasn't resolved.  Is this even possible?  I have an external datetime that I want to be a user input as a string in the TIME_DATE|TIME_SECONDS (or TIME_MINUTES) format, but I want it to be preset to the current time so the user doesn't have...
Hello guys i have a indicator if condition like that if (Ld_20 < Ld_128 && Ld_20 < Ld_136 && Ld_12 > Ld_128 && Ld_12 > Ld_136 && Ld_128 < Ld_136 || ((Ld_20 > Ld_128 && Ld_20 > Ld_136 && Ld_12 < Ld_128 && Ld_12 < Ld_136 && Ld_128 > Ld_136) == FALSE)) continue;
[Deleted]
Hello Basically I have this code:   iOpen(Symbol(),PERIOD_MN1,1); Which is used in my EA running on a 5 minute chart. Will I need approx 2 months worth of bars present on the 5 Minute chart, or just approx 2 months worth of bars on the Monthly chart for the code to return the correct figure? Kind...
Hi, to show me some information of my expert advisor variables, I created some label-elements in the right top corner. Until april all gone fine, but with some new updates of Metatrader the text isn't aligned right correctly. If I change the text with an EA, the text is aligned left now. :-X Is...
Is there a way to format a number with printf to separate thousands like this:  123,456.80 All formats I tried give me 123456.80