MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 746

Hi Guys, As new in learning mql4, i have manage to throw some basic codes and get started with my EA for a little while. Unfortunately, with limited knowledge of the available functions to use, stalled on some part of the codes logic. By the way, the part that i'm having difficulties with is the...
Hi, Lets say we have something like this:  void OnChartEvent(const int id,         // Event identifier                    const long& lparam,   // Event parameter of long type                  const double& dparam, // Event parameter of double type                  const string& sparam) // Event...
I have a Moving average crossover EA which working fine for me but I would like to add more setting/filter on it to maximize the profit. Kindly refer to the print screen for my EA.   Please help me on the MT4 codding based on condition as below:-  1) Buy order & Sell order Opening Price The...
Hi, I get incorrect series array using (error 4054) in the sleep below, most of the time. Am I doing the return handling correctly ? I have code like this: MqlRates rates[]; int copied; ArraySetAsSeries(rates, true);      for(int j=50; j>0; j--) {     ResetLastError();   copied =...
[Deleted]
Hi.. I have csv file as below:- Date,Time,Time Zone,Currency,Event,Importance,Actual,Forecast,PreviousSun May 25,23:50,GMT,JPY,JPY Bank of Japan April 30 meeting minutes,Low,,,Mon May 26,,,EUR,EUR German Import Price Index (MoM),Low,,,-0.6%Mon May 26,,,EUR,EUR German Import Price Index (YoY),Low,,...
Hello, I have a question, is there a way to code EA to make more than 1 cycle (e.g OrderSend) after getting a tick form market. Sometimes time between tick's is long and I want to open 3 buy orders. Today with my coding skills I need to wait for 3 market ticks to occure to get 3 buy orders open. Is...
Thee was an old topic from 2006 with this question, but it wasn't resolved.  Is this even possible?  I have an external datetime that I want to be a user input as a string in the TIME_DATE|TIME_SECONDS (or TIME_MINUTES) format, but I want it to be preset to the current time so the user doesn't have...
Hello guys i have a indicator if condition like that if (Ld_20 < Ld_128 && Ld_20 < Ld_136 && Ld_12 > Ld_128 && Ld_12 > Ld_136 && Ld_128 < Ld_136 || ((Ld_20 > Ld_128 && Ld_20 > Ld_136 && Ld_12 < Ld_128 && Ld_12 < Ld_136 && Ld_128 > Ld_136) == FALSE)) continue;
[Deleted]
Hello Basically I have this code:   iOpen(Symbol(),PERIOD_MN1,1); Which is used in my EA running on a 5 minute chart. Will I need approx 2 months worth of bars present on the 5 Minute chart, or just approx 2 months worth of bars on the Monthly chart for the code to return the correct figure? Kind...
Hi, to show me some information of my expert advisor variables, I created some label-elements in the right top corner. Until april all gone fine, but with some new updates of Metatrader the text isn't aligned right correctly. If I change the text with an EA, the text is aligned left now. :-X Is...
Is there a way to format a number with printf to separate thousands like this:  123,456.80 All formats I tried give me 123456.80     
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| Reverse_Grid_Martingale .mq4 |//| Copyright � 2014, AMIT |//|...
Hello gentlemen. I was looking for a tool that could help to find robust parameters in order to optimize strategies. I found only the following IDE: <links removed by moderator> Since I do not want to bind me to a particular software company I would prefer to buy only thrid party software that can
Well, If you put the following code into a script and load it up on a chart, you won't get the correct time value.  Why? int start()  {   struct OrderInfo     {       datetime dOpen[];     };   OrderInfo myOrder;   int OrderCount=0;   myOrder.dOpen[OrderCount]=Time[2];   Comment(TimeToString(myOrder...
Hello, I am a C++ programmer and completely new to mql4 and I like it very much. There is a strange problem with all my Expert Advisors.   I made this extremely simple EA to demonstrate the bug. input double SL = 25.0;input double TP = 25.0;input double Lots = 1.0;int OnInit(){...
[Deleted]
Hello, Seeking for open source MQL4 EA for semi-automatic trading. What I call semi-automatic trading. I set the params of my my EA, purchase level param , sales level param , I selected my money management rules, I selected the rules of averaging down, I selected the rules to take partial profits
Hi, I'm not sure if I have found a bug in MT4 build 646 but it is driving me nuts to try and get my code to work. Has anyone else had this issue? When I use iRSI in a script running on a chart (example ZARJPY) and reference another symbol with the D1 time frame then zero is returned unless the chart...
Hi Valued Customers Great news for all Forex Traders, Investors and Individuals... Ask me here any things, solve any problem, discuss Indicators, EAs and strategies... Skype: macliteriint
Hello guys, I just wann ask you what is wrong with this piece of code? void CloseOrders()   {      int total = OrdersTotal();      int i;          for(i = 0; i < total; i++)         {            if(OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES))               {                  if(OrderType() == OP_BUY...
Hi   I've had one of my expert advisers running on a live account for some time now showing good results and I'm considering selling it.   I understand there are technical challenges with modifying the ea for commercial use (GMT offset etc)  but like most developers where my skills lack is in how I...
[Deleted]
Hello, I have a problem. I am coding a small system to test it and now I am adding a trend filter which indicates the trend. The ea works at first, so he open the first and the second trade but then he dont open the other trades. If I use one the code for the Up trend for example without the...
hello to the experts, I got a problem with the durability of objects. I use some custom indicators in charts , they have a normal draw object function(vertical lines) included. Now when I close the MT4 and restart it another time, the formally drawn objects dissapeared in those charts. I checked if...
I created csv history converter that generates M1 M5 M15 and so on csv files to import into mt4. When i try to import history to mt4 many bars don't get imported and there are gaps.. it's about the BTC-E MT4. I include the screenshot and the csv files that i try to import. The non-imported lines...
Please i need help with developing an automatic trading system that will use Accelerator Oscillator. When the bar is green and above zero it should buy and take profit after 10 pips and stop loss at 20 pips. When the bar turns red and it is below zero it should buy and take profit after 10 pips and...
[Deleted]
Hi all, first time poster.  Looking for some assistance here. I have an indicator (Attached)   Essentially an alert goes off after three consecutive bull or bear candles, provided the price action exceeds the previous close low or high. What ends up happening, is that the price action of the next...
[Deleted]
HOW CAN I CODE FOR SOMEBODY REQUESTING FOR MY EA. I MEAN THE CODE AS I NEED HIS ACCOUNT TO DO THAT BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO IT. I NEED YOUR HELP PLEASE. JUST GIVE ME THE MQL4 THE WAY TO INPUT IT, I HAVE ONE HEAR BUT IS NOT PLACING TRADE AS I INPUT IT THEIR, int hard_accnt = 11111; //<-- type the...
I would just like to report that sometimes the OrderCloseTime() is returning 0 even thought the order has closed.  I stress sometimes but it does happen enough to be serious.  Yes I have verified the order has been selected.  I printed OrderTicket() and and OrderCloseTime() to the log and it is for...
Since the function ObjectGetValueByShift returns a different value for each time frame, it would be nice if we could specify which time frame we want to get the value from.
Hello!  Since the build 646 installed i can't add indicators to my chart.  The indicator comes only with a reset tab - but no other tabs!+ Please help!    
[Deleted]
Hi everyone... I am having problem installing the IBFX MACD traditional indicator and other templates into my MT4. Previous version, I would only need to copy and paste my files int the "indicator" folder located in the "expert" folder. Current one has only "MQL4" folder which consist of a saperate