MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 655

[Deleted]
Hi Everyone, I’m trying to make an EA that starts a trailing Stop when the profit reaches a certain level (in the code I have set the level to£1).  However, it is not working and I cannot work out why.  It seemsto set the Break Even figure OK but when the profit reaches £1 it does notmove the...
When I use the copyrates-function, the last bar has a different time then the time on the chart. How is this possible? And how can i fix this that I can be sure that I always get the latest candle?
[Deleted]
Hi everyone, This is my first post about my first Ea. These code modified from "Moving Average.mql4" default file from Metatrader4.  double rsi; double lastRSI; int res;//--- go trading only for first tiks of new bar if(Volume[0]>1) return;//--- get Moving Average rsi = iRSI(NULL...
I came across a MT4 EA with approximately 10,700 lines of code and 1140 functions. I know this is a ridiculously large file and number of functions. When I complile the file, it compiles fine (no errors), but I get an error internal error #-1017 So my questions are : 1) What is the cause of this...
  Array out of range  (11   1 2)
Most of the time, I get this on array's I create.  And it's usually due to a size limitation I placed on myself. But this one has really got me stumped. How is it that I manage to get the Array out of range error on this? datetime...
Does anyone has any idea why MT4 and MQ4 try to download codebase_en.zip from Singapore when it starts? The content is from hosting site 8toinfinity.com.sg and not from something like MT4.com. 223.25 . 234.19 GET /files/mt4/codebase_en.zip 223 - 25 - 234 - 19 .revdns. 8 toinfinity.com.sg It also
hi,folks i have been in this for a long time. i have tried many times, still stuck in it.  hope anyone can give me some help. im in a local network , and use http proxy to connect to the internet. my metatrader4 can sacn the server and get the list.  can register demo account. can visit the...
Hi All, I'm working on fibonacci retracement and i stuck. I need help. What's my question? if we are past d2 line, cancel retracement and find a new one,go back case:1 and find new retracement and draw but it is not. How can i solve this problem?   Thank you.    void OnTick(){     // We only run the...
M1 Data was imported successfully for 5 years. After double clicking H1, there are only data from Sep, 2014. What's the root cause and how to fix? Thanks
I am printing some arrows on the graphics.. Only for learning purposes... As you can see on the image below, There are times, that the arrow is over the bar. There are a way to print the arrows more distant (upper or down) to the bar end?     ObjectCreate(0, name, OBJ_ARROW, 0, Time[shift],...
hi i want to read the last line when i use FILEREADARRAY and FILEISLINEENDING it get a error 5004 open file and can't read data it just write totale data=0 this is the code:...
I logged a request (suggestion) that they mention the ExpertRemove function on the program running page. As it might be useful to others. The reply from ServiceDesk ...   Support Team 2015.06.18 12:30 Hello,   Expert can't be removed from chart from MQL code.    Why is it often so painful talking to...
  MT4 iphone app  (1)
very cool app, you can review the charts, add MA ect  and I know how to open order but I could not find how I can mdify or close order... Is it even possible for mobile app? if you can open order you should be able to close/modify... 
Apologies for what could potentially be a stupid question, but i just don't seem to be able to figure it out: Can someone help me in terminating an EA when during OnInit() it find certain parameters , values etc unacceptable? something like the below: OnInit () { if (certain_variable ==
Hi.  Has anyone managed to test EA on weekly chart? I know MT4 doesn't allow testing on weekly by default. I tried the steps as outlined in article: https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1368 I can substitute Daily chart data with weekly chart data, but I can't use tick mode testing as MT4 thinks I`m...
  Divergence.  (2)
Is it possible to compare the last indicator value with values prior to it? Like say RSI of last bar is greater than RSI of any of last 10 bars before it or RSI of last bar is greater then RSI of highest high of last 10 bars. Thanks. 
  Weird Ticket #  (2)
I have a demo account and have been doing extensive testingof an EA. Earlier today I was baffled to see the same ticket numberoccurring in my test data files for different currency pairs. I wrote a separate EA to search for the specific ticket #and I could only locate that as a AUDUSD as shown in...
[Deleted]
For my portable Laptop I am using an older HP netbook with Windows XP. I DO have a new HP Envy 15" Full size Laptop in addition to the netbook. It is time to update and what I am looking at and like is the Samsung 11.4" Chromebook. My concern is not the Google Chrome Web browser . It is the Chrome...
[Deleted]
Hi Guys,    First time poster, hope you might be able to help me with this one...   I have been working on a simple EA that will perform trading actions based on an indicator crossing point. My starting point was the first simple EA example in the MQL4 online book, found here https://book.mql4...
pls i like to know if there is or will be a metatrader that works on chrome OS. i need to get started.
Hi Am i supposed to now be posting this in the mql5 forum? (not very clear as there doesn't seem to be a dedicated mt4 section)    I have tried to write a function that will count the number of bars when a certain criteria is met. In this case when price may have crossed above/below the 61fib line....
Q: Are there any free delta divergence, as in Market Delta's delta divergence indicators? thanks David
I'm not certain about Point... I trying to get the value of the EURUSD actual tick usging Point(), but receive 1e-005.0 instead 1.12358 ... what is the way to get the value in right format
Hi all,   Just wondering if anybody can edit this code so it displays candles instead of line chart?    Thank you 
New article How to Prepare a Trading Account for Migration to Virtual Hosting has been published: MetaTrader client terminal is perfect for automating trading strategies. It has all tools necessary for trading robot developers ‒ powerful C++ based MQL4/MQL5 programming language, convenient...
Hello all. I'm newbye on mql4 programing and there are some basic stuff that i don't know...  How can i put fixed text on a specific area on the graphic ?       
hi my friend i want to use FileIsLineEnding with //--- display the window of input parameters when launching the script#property script_show_inputs//--- input parametersinput string InpFileName="data.bin";input string...
New article Identifying Trade Setups by Support, Resistance and Price Action has been published on mql5.com: This article shows how price action and the the monitoring of support and resistance levels can be used for well-timed market entry. It discusses a trading system that effectively combines...
[Deleted]
Hello all, I'm trying to write up this indicator which will plot channels for the previous day/week/month and year. So far i have got the day/week/month all working but I am having some troubles with the yearly channel. To do this for the previous 12 months doesn't seem too difficult but I would...