MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 653

I am new to MQL4 program. I want to write an expert advisor program and test it with MT4 historical data, not live data? It would be appreciated if someone could provide me some ideas on how to do this. Thanks, Gorton 
Hi guys, I wanted to generate an offline chart (by the original PeriodConverter script) that is equal with the donor one. For example: EURUSD,H4 >> EURUSD,M57 (this came from EURUSD,H4 by InpPeriodMultiplier=1). I used H4 chart as donor instead of M1. I found that there is a missing bar (index 1)....
struct MqlTick   {    datetime     time;          // Time of the last prices update    double       bid;           // Current Bid price    double       ask;           // Current Ask price    double       last;          // Price of the last deal (Last)...
What MM software do you use for your FX MM needs? There is Market System Analyzer from adaptrade but it is buggy laggy and weak.. not for FX :(
Hi Guys, I am working on mql4 for almost 1 year and I have learnt so much thing from your comments. however I couldn't understand OrderTicket .  When I open a trade how could I know the number of Ticket. When ea opens trades, each trade will have different ticket number and then I am not able to...
[Deleted]
I would like to know how many minutes have passed since EURUSD was exactly 30 Pips lower than it is right now. How can this be done with MT4? 
Hello, I want to find MT4 build from mql4 code. How can i do this? The reason is my programs work only in MT4 build 765 or highter. Thanks 
[Deleted]
  EA or script  (5)
For example, I place an order manually. I have to go away from the PC and leave it open. I want a trailing stop loss to be applied once the order is in profit at a predetermined number of points. Is an EA best or can I apply a script once the order is opened?
[Deleted]
Today I wanted to dig deeper into canvas and controls objects and stumbled upon the datepicker datedroplist and timepicker mqh. All those includes require a file themselves called #include <Tools\DateTime.mqh> This folder and DateTime.mqh file seems to be missing on my terminal. I was not able to
[Deleted]
New to these boards, greetings. I use an entropy based indicator as a core element of my trading strategy.  This one in particular:    https://www.mql5.com/en/code/8240   However, the drawing line in the indicator window that updates with tick movement, only works as intended when coupled with an...
Hello, I am looking for some code or indicator that determines the High and Low of the Previous Month and Week. I have found lots of indicators online that determines the High and Low of the Previous Month as of the current date, but I would like to determine...
[Deleted]
Hi I need to set the bollinger band as below :  Upper Band Deviation = +.382 Lower Band Deviation = -.382    I tried many times on MT4 but failed.Does anyone know how I can do this kind of setting ? Thanks in advance. 
  I NEED HELP  (5)
Hello to all, I have recently learnt how to code the new MQL4. and i have written and EA with open position when its attached to the chart. but i have a problem! when I change the time frame the EA recalculate and re-initiate and open new positions. I want to know how can i stop that. I really
[Deleted]
... as I would count this message to the ones that I would consider off-topic. But recently I feel quite irritated by messages that pop up with subjects or contents like: "HELP" ... "URGENT" ... "HOME CHANGE PACKAGERS" ... "I WRITE EVERYTHING IN CAPITAL LETTERS" ... "I want to trade with 100USD how...
  where  i  can  register ?   thanks very much  
  article   "DataFeed API: Writing Your Own Data Feeds  ?    where  i can  find  this  info ?    thanks very much     can  you  give me  some  demo ?    Thanks !      
Hi all, I've read about "DataFeed API: Writing Your Own Data Sources" article. It's said that I should implement my data feed in C/C++. I wanna know that can I write my data feed in Java cause I'm not used to C/C++. I tend to use jna to communicate between java and MT4 API. Can I do that? Thx in...
Hi there, in one of my EAs I'm trying to keep a grid with hedged positions and I want to keep two lists with longs and shorts ordered by current profit. Iterating through MT4 pool of orders/trades gives me the orders ordered by creation order, and as far as I know there is no way to get them ordered...
[Deleted]
Hi i hope i can find someone who can help me to solve this problem, i would be very thankful Initial Situation: We developed a multichannelfilterindicator based on different standard indicators calculationesfrom Metatrader. This indicator was conceived to be used in ourexpert advisor. The...
I am a new to this forum. Someone asked me some questions please help me solve this. I would be forever in your debt.   1.      Perform an intraday technical analysis (use 1-hour chart) on ANY FX pair you like 2.      Clearly state your entry level for any long/short positions you recommend 3...
[Deleted]
  arbitrage ea  (3)
Some one here have any informtion about arbitrage EA in MT4?
Just want to know how trading can be made using free credit of $100 in my account.  Just a newbie to it.   Please help.  Thanks & Regards, Naresh Kumar Rana. 
I wrote an indicator that draws symbols on the chart once I draw a trendline. I wrote in the OnChartEvent function to run the code every time I drag the trendline. It works finitely many times, and then all of a sudden the symbols on the chart are frozen, no matter how many times I change the...
Hi Everybody,   I have the 745 version of MT4 and can not do debugg because debug mode start but I can not continue because the debugger buttons are not activated. Before, I could do it but now will not let me continue. I don´t know what it happen?    please help me,   best regards 
Hello Every Guru in the house, Please I was working on a trailing stop code culled from the Mql4 book, the code is pasted below, I was to tweak it to move stop loss to break even level and also to start trailing after certain pips in profit is attained. It worked fine in doing those two things but...
Hi I am doing some researches in how to speed up the optimization using the mt4 strategy tester. I come accross this company which build supper computers http://content.dell.com/us/en/enterprise/hpcc-cray-cx1-iws.aspx Did some one can have more knoledge if mt4 uses the advantage of multiple cores to...
[Deleted]
  .hst file format  (1)
Hi, I'm trying my hand at .hst files but without any success so far. After a few searches I came across this post https://forum.mql4.com/60455 where I got the file format from. If I run the below lines the values are zero. Maybe the format has changed (I have build 765) or my code is wrong or both....
  Simple iCustom  (3)
Hi, I am having some trouble with iCustom. I need to use it for such a simple thing as passing a buy and put signal to an EA. Can someone show me a simple way to do this?   This is some of the code in the EA: double CallFromIndicator;double PutFromIndicator;CallFromIndicator = iCustom(NULL,0...