MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 647

[Deleted]
Hi My EA was logging into log file using Print() function without any problem. After the upgrade the text is logged but is not visible until I remove EA and close the terminal! Look like problem with buffer flushing? Please help WalterMK
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                        MySMI.mq4 |//|                                                  Daniel Donnelly |//|                                             enjoysmath@gmail.com...
Hey all, googled for OrderTotal() doc but seems to be missing something. Have noticed that for looping through open/pending orders, people use for(i=0, i < OrderTotal(), i++) Or for(i=OrderTotal() - 1, i>=0, i--). Dumb qns but can I check why is it i=OrderTotal() - 1 and not i=OrderTotal() if I
The example code for MQL4 can be found here:    https://docs.mql4.com/constants/objectconstants/enum_object/obj_text    What it does:  Absolutely nothing!!!! Someone please help with displaying text at any time / price.  This should be an easy thing to do. 
[Deleted]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OAQk4mNPPM  
We are constantly working at the improvements of our MQL4.community website to make it user-friendlier. Today, we have launched a new version of user profile on our forum: Now you can upload your picture to your profile without any problems.This should make the quality of your communications higher....
I have Russian code, but it does not display correct in Russianformat, so that I can not use translator software to translate it. How to display Russian double-byte characters correct? What is the Russian charset in html? I use Cyrillic, it still does not show correctly. <html><head> <meta...
  Fast Execution  (1)
Sometimes, we face this problem that pending orders are not executed on that price that we placed but there is difference of some pips.  This is not the case with all the brokers and not happen with all order. Can you guys share your experience with this thing?
[Deleted]
Hi, Sometimes I get "Not enough money" message. Is there a way to calculate the biggest allowed trade size (related to the money you got on your account) so this message can be avoided. BR Michael 
[Deleted]
Hi All, We would like to offer a daily technical analysis based market commentary to the MQL4 community on this thread. You are most welcome to share your views and participate in a constructive manner. Thanks.
[Deleted]
I have a good MT4 EA, but the timefilter does not work as supposed. We want it to stop trade at friday evening, and close all orders late friday evening. -  This does work correctly,   -    but it also does not trade from 0:00 - 03:00 friday morning. Then it is not suppoed to open any orders before...
[Deleted]
  Pin bar strategy  (2)
I need to find a best pin bar in chart. May you help me please.    
  Compiler error?  (10)
When I coded an IF statement of this pattern, it has caused the abnormal behavior.(MQL4)   if (Trend == "RANGE") {    A = 0;//(an processing example)  }else {     if (Trend == "UP")    {       OrderSend();//(an processing example)     }else //←This else statement means (Trend ==...
Hi, I've seen this feature in MQL4 post build 600 - " It is possible to set another way to display names of input parameters in the Inputs tab. To do this, a string comment is used, which should be located after the description of an input parameter in the same line. Thus, names more understandable
I started this thread to move a discussion being had on another thread (that was getting way off topic for the thread) so that other people can chime in on what their opinion is regarding this thought.  Are there pages (such as documentation or others) that have conflicting information on them?  I...
Hi!   I have a script with a set of inputs, and the #property show_inputs;   Now each time I run the script, I can set the inputs as I like, however the next time I run the script the inputs are set back to default.   Is there any way to tell the script to "remember" the last input settings and use...
Hi, I have the following program from the net modified to open an offline chart. But all it does it open the offline chart-list. The key down and selecting the chart-list entry does not work. If someone who is familiar with windows programming please let me know what am I doing wrong ? #import...
[Deleted]
Hi! I want to know that, If I invest in FOREX, will I be reach soon? or what is the purpose of FOREX to make reach?
Hi, i have a question regarding getting/storing the candle info on which a specific event happened.   let me explain, suppose i am looking for the candle that has the following condition: Low > EMA(2) && Low > EMA(10)  then, i would like to store the HIGH  value data of this specific candle (say 1...
Hi guys and thank you for reading my thread. I am very new to automated trading and have been spending time on the MQL5 website reading articles.  I have also been reading through the MQL4 book.  I think I understand the content reasonably well so far and have had a go at creating dummy "alert type"...
Hi mates,  I have a question here that how can I get an email of any alert in my trading terminal. I am working on a system and an alert is given when a buy or sell signal is present. Need help regarding this if possible. Thanks in advance 
[Deleted]
Within my strategy, I use a function GetPosSize() to calculate position sizes. I'm only using the strategy with EURUSD at the time being and for the life of me I can't figure out why posSize is returning a negative value, resulting in an OrderSend error 4051. Any help would be greatly appreciated
What are the steps in loading a wav. file into my audio settings in my EA. I am trying different things and its not working. Thanks There is a selection in my ea settings to load a sound file so I can get a audible alert when trade is closed and opened. I have tried using the load tab in my ea to...
hi i want to build expert ,work with indicator ima , when ima1<ima2 or ima1>ima2 put two order different At the same time , when one order get a positive profit the expert open a one new order like order profit whth other lots, like hedge.
dear fellow traders!  I am in the process of setting up a VPS at home. Something along the lines of what this guy is describing:  http://www.tradingheroes.com/how-to-build-your-own-low-cost-metatrader-virtual-private-server-vps/  However, I am not completely  sure as of what I will need in terms of...
Is it possible to read the value of a EMA as it was at a certain point in the past, while the bar was still forming? For example, it is 16:05 and I am on TF M5. I would like to know what was the value of H1 EMA(20) at 14:35. Using iMA + iBarShift(14:35) will return the EMA for the now-closed H1 bar...
Hi all.   How can I get the Volume color ? Using Volume[0], or iVolume() function I can get only the amount, not if it is on High/Low value. See the Volumes indicator properties: How  
[Deleted]
EDIT: Thanks for your Responses so far. Please see my second post down yonder, where code is provided and situation narrative updated   Fully realizing this situation has been covered before, but wholly unable to comprehend the solutions provided. Hoping WHORIDER (sorry for spelling) or Raptor can...
I posted this topic on MQL5.com forum, and I am linking to it here for those that do not normally go to the MQL5.com site.  It is a set of pre-coded enumerated lists code stubs with trading pairs already set up into various categories.  I wanted to post it to the code base, but I did not find a...
Hey forum, I think about buying a new netbook with a mobile data-stick. There are a lot of sticks with different monthly data volume available and I don't know which one to buy. I only want to use that netbook for trading purposes. But how can I measure the data volume caused my MT4? I am not sure...