MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 641

After I read differences among MM, STP and ECN on the internet, I am more confused now except knowing there are mainly 3 types of accounts that are MM, STP and ECN. How to distinguish them simply and correctly? May I understand ECN>STP>MM ('>' here means 'better than')? Moreover, how do I know my...
[Deleted]
Name brokers and  how price fraud.
[Deleted]
Hi  Apologies if these scripts are very easy to find, I've had a look around and had no luck so thought I'd try the forum. I'm writing an application in MVC to help me with my trading, and I need a script to use in MT4 that can read a text file that my application will dump out and create and close...
[Deleted]
Hi Guys, whats wrong with the new MT4 setup? I cannot choose the installation folder for MT4. We have so many mt4 upgrades. With the new setup we are not able to install the MT4. The default installation under C:\programs\MetaQuotes ist not allowed, its a server-rule. Please help me. We need the old...
Hello.  I am thinking on a multi timeframe EA that uses indicator called parabolic_r2 (modified parabolic SAR) with the following code void Parabolic(int TimeFrame, double& Buffer[],double& BufferUnit[])//_counts_parabolic_r2_for_all_TFs{  int j=1;  double d_step, d_High, d_Low, CL1;  //if...
Hi,  if i open a file for writing in the OnInit, use a timer to write, then close the file OnDeInit, is there anyway i can view file (read-only) during EA run? i keep getting:  "<file>.csv cannot be accessed. The file may bcorrupted, located on a server that is not responding, or read-only." int...
Hi,    May i know if the strategy tester for MT4 includes interest rate calculations when testing a strategy? Im using oanda as the broker. Thanks. 
Formula for CFD to get margin , do not understand how to get Percentage with function ? Margin: Lots * ContractSize * MarketPrice * Percentage/100 If I use MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_MARGINREQUIRED) Then if pair is type: Forex (0) MarketInfo(symbol, MODE_MARGINCALCMODE) its output sum in dollars, but...
[Deleted]
Hello, Is it possible to show news from providers like Bloomberg, Dow Jones, Market News International, or WBP Online directly in my MT4 platform? Is it for free or how much do I have to pay for quality news feed ? Thank you
I am sorry if I am posting to the wrong place.  I am a heavy user for MT4. I am managing many accounts.  I need to re-install whole environments to new Windows frequently. Is there any option to install (or uninstall) MT4 automatically? (silent install, or command line installation mode, etc) For...
Hello, I'm using a lot size calculator script and I'm trying to "enable live trading" for it. I can enable it from the tool, but I don't want to have to manually do it every time. In the install video they show a global setting that can be ticked from TOOLS>Expert Advisors tab. The problem is
Hello, My old ea is not worked when i update to  build 600.  This is how i write. it only can close the last order. could you tell me what's the problem? thanks.  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------  void closeall()   {    int total=OrdersTotal();...
  Help With iOpen  (8)
Iam trying to use iOpen to retrieve the open of the candle that just closed.... Any Help???
Hello, I have some difficulties to attach the indicators on my chart from the EA. What I did was : void init() { iCustom ( Symbol (), PERIOD_CURRENT , "indicator1" , 0 , 0 ); iCustom ( Symbol (), PERIOD_CURRENT , "indicator2" , 0 , 0 ); iCustom ( Symbol (), PERIOD_CURRENT , "indicator3" , 0
[Deleted]
  MT4 in MAC  (5)
Hi, I was trying to use MT4 in my MAC book air. While testing with a demo account, the data consumed is more that 900 MB in just above 5 mins of usage when i first logged in and started using.  And for the past 1 month of trial, the total data consumed is more that 25 GB. I have a 15 GB limited...
i am new to this mql4 and i am trying to modify a existing RSI based ea and i want to set previous bars difference between high and low as the take profit and stop loss level by  doing like this double pips= (High[1]-Low[1])/10;double StopLoss= pips;double TakeProfit= pips;  but this is not working...
New article Creating Neural Network EAs Using MQL5 Wizard and Hlaiman EA Generator is published at mql5.com: The article describes a method of automated creation of neural network EAs using MQL5 Wizard and Hlaiman EA Generator. It shows you how you can easily start working with neural networks,...
[Deleted]
Ok. First let me explain linear optimization before I get to my question. Say you're testing a basic EMA crossover system from 2000.01.01 - 2015.07.04. You run an MT4 optimization for one of the EMA's. The following values result (excluding drawdown and others for simplicity's sake): Initial
Happy 4th of July to all of the residents of the United States of America!  Hope your holiday weekend is happy and fun and most of all, safe! My thanks to all the men and women, past and present, that have made it possible for us to celebrate this holiday for almost 240 years.
I want to open a file in Téléchargements how can i do this string filename=Téléchargementsint handle=FileOpen(filename,FILE_WRITE|FILE_CSV);
Hello. I noticed that the last visible bar is not fully visible sometimes.
  Forum rules  (6)
I know they were shown (allegedly) when we created our user accounts on here, but I think it would be a good idea to have a sticky topic thread in here with the forum rules.  I think this would be a good idea because that would give everybody a chance to review them occasionally, and also, since...
[Deleted]
DEAR SIR FUNCTION ONE () { BUYSTOP=1; RETURN BUYSTOP; } HOW TO SET THE BUYSTOP VARIABLE FORM OUTSIDE FUNCTION AND HOW TO CHECK THE VALUE OF BUYSTOP VARIABLE OUT SIDE THE FUNCTION IN SIMPLE I NEED TO GET , SET AND CHECK THE VARIABLE VALUE DEFINED WITH IN THE FUNCTION FROM OUT SIDE THE FUNCTION...
All, I have successfully traded forex with MetaTrader for a few years now. I would like to try to apply some of my strategies to the S&P 500. I'm curious if anyone can give me any pointers or links on how I can do this. If possible I would like to maintain the MT4 platform since I'm already used...
[Deleted]
Hi, here i explain this.  current hourly bar is 8:00 Now I need last hourly bar which is 7:00 high low timing in 1 minute time frame.  I mean,  there are 60 minutes for 1 hour candle. So I need a formula which will count that 7:00 hour high low timing in 1 minute chart from 7:00 to 7:59. I know...
[Deleted]
Hello all, Hopefully someone more intelligent at coding/MT4 than I can help me. I'm backtesting offline on MT4 with my own data. My broker's usual MINLOT and LOTSTEP = 0.01.   When offline, Print(MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_MINLOT)); and Print(MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_LOTSTEP)); both return 0.1. This...
I am missing something simple and I just cant see it. I need to import the values of this indicator into a EA
Hello, i have developed an EA for my application that lies ontop of MT4 for users. Is it possible to access a users notifications to send him messages via the MT4 notification tool on the mobile?
  Spam  (6)
Is there anything that can be done to reduce the amount of spam (advertising mostly illegal activities)? I never remember it being such a problem until a few months back. I know that moderators can't be online 24x7, but perhaps instigate a vetting process for new members for their first 'x' posts?
screenshot: http://c2n.me/3kaL4IA Hi you see the price is way under my sell limit i should take profit but mt4 just didnt executed it.