MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 559

[Deleted]
  Hide auto trade  (1)
Hi, İf I use ordersend via EA. I take 4112 error. Is there any way to hide auto trading from server. So server would not be unerstand that trade process is from manuel or auto
Hi I use Rate of Change ( RoC ) in my trading and have recently had to delete and then reload MT4 to my pc due to some issues I was experiencing with my PC. However since then, when I draw trendlines over the RoC in the bottom pane of my chart the trendline only stays for a couple of seconds and
"I've learned more about online trading of forex and stocks through Ask Mario Singh blog. He personally answers questions daily and give great insights for anyone to learn stock market easily. You may want to check him out. Edited by moderator: Please respect the rules : "Posting of advertising
Hi For real trading the answer is obvious - fixed risk per trade, but what with backtesting? Wont it distort the results of EA? For the purpose of rating the EA which method is better?
Hi, I'm sorry if this is stupid question, but I'm new to coding. Does the code I write in MQL4 is read by MT4 in the order i write code? I`m asking this as I have 2 peaces of code contradicting one and another. But wondering if in this case the last code will be used over the first one? Here is the...
Why does an empty dynamic array, on a 1 day EA with a 5m timeframe produce > 80k element with this code?  Is it always linked to the amount of bars on the chart? Because I don't want that. I just need the Series functionality to catch the latest 3 zigzag values.    // I've set my_array[] on top and...
[Deleted]
  Peak & Trough  (2)
Hi guys,   I have Metastock formula and I'm try to convert it to Metatrader4. The problem is I could not find  Peak, Trough functioins on metatrader4. What these function named in metatrader, or How to convert these functions (Peak, Trough) from Metastock to MetaTrader4.    Regards, 
how can i use mql to run extern ".exe" program? thanks everyone
New article Graphical Interfaces VIII: the File Navigator Control (Chapter 3) has been published: In the previous chapters of the eighth part of the series, our library has been reinforced by several classes for developing mouse pointers, calendars and tree views. The current article deals with the...
i have downloaded mt4.exe..but while i start to install download files completes upto 18386kb and shows and red marked error and installation is not completed.what should i do now
[Deleted]
Hello,  I have this code which draws VLine. datetime N = iTime(Symbol(),PERIOD_D1,0);for(int ml=0;ml <96; ml++){   MTemp[ml] = rv(A + (fixed Data * ml));    for(int pl=0; pl < 9; pl++)    {            double Ap = MathAbs(MTemp[ml] - PTemp[pl]);              if(Calculation)...
Hi there, I've found that backtesting can require huge data sets and my C drive ran out of space. I bought an external hard drive thinking I could install MT4 on it, as well as download the data sets to it, and that this would be the best way to strategy test with Birt's Tick Data Suite. After...
Hi Guys Is there any way that I can check the value of a variable while I am working on my code - like some kind of keystroke (Ctr+Alt+something) that will display the variables value...??? It would be quite handy... I usually simply display the variable in a "comment" and then run the EA to see
[Deleted]
Hello,   I have problem with my EA which Im trying to create. Look like that this ea's open position well but unfortunately it closes position in way which I cant understand. I would like to close long position when +DI is below the ADX and I want to close short when -DI is smaller than ADX. Below...
I've searched everywhere for an explanation for that, last week my windows 10 had an update, and the next day all my metatraders 4( version 988) had problems. I can't add custom indicators, or test any expert advisor. It was everyting perfect since my windows updated I'm running Windows 10 Home 32...
[Deleted]
Hi everybody, This is my first post here and would like to ask for help as I'm new to the metatrader (but not for programming) I downloaded MT4 and when try to get MQ4 through the platform it is opening MQ5? Could you advice please. Thanks in advance 
[Deleted]
I tried to test AUDUSD with Heikinashi for last 1 year data at 4h/daily, but buying and selling timings were not at right timings and did not match with Heikinashi color changes. The same for other EA such as MACD. Please advise how I can solve this issue (have looked up several sites, but did not
[Deleted]
Hi, Generally for using custom indicator buffer, we need to declare it at first in following way. #property indicator_buffers 3 But in my indicator this number of buffer is not fixed, it calculated with Chart High price & Low price / scale unit. to decide how many buffer it will required to plot...
Hi all I'm running the attached code through strategy tester. Works well in visual mode. Just as nice in non-visual mode. But try and run an optimization test and it doesn't take a trade.  Any chance someone can tell me why?  I do note most my other codes work fine. I do have a few variants of this...
Hi coders, is it somehow possible to delete the text in an OBJ_EDIT when clicking on it? I want to avoid a label as a description for that edit box and so I want to place the description right inside the edit box which should disappear when I click on it. I tried it this way but it doesn't work:...
I want to change the style of the two extreme levels (Overbought, Oversold) in Solid Style. How can I do it?
[Deleted]
hi, this is my first program. I want to make a order on Gold symbol by using OrderSend() function on mt4. I try but when i running on my test. It's always show me EURUSD symbol on my teminal not Gold symbol. I hope there's someone show me how to i can make order with gold when i compile my demo code...
First post here - so my apologies if this has been covered. Is it possible to back-test an mql4 script on previous period of time? Is there a way to configure a server to use old chart info? I'm building a algorithm that moves on major news and executing at the right pace is very important . I'd
[Deleted]
thanks metaquotes. i am new here. however, i would like to know if an android laptop (e.g lenovo is acceptable for trading as other laptops e.g windows. thanks. Obiajulu
Hello there, How can i pass a value (a variable) from the EA to other classes, even when class A (for example) will also initialise class B? I created a function in a class to display Print or not based on an extern variable set in the EA. While using the function in the EA is a simple exercise of...
New article Cross-Platform Expert Advisor: Introduction has been published: This article details a method by which cross-platform expert advisors can be developed faster and easier. The proposed method consolidates the features shared by both versions into a single class, and splits the...
Hi, is there a function to get the information about the account type? I have to know, if the account is a demo or a live account.   Thx. 
what is this?? I have logs in metatrader that are gygabytes of data!! http://screencast.com/t/NH2DaG7rM8R
[Deleted]
Hello there I just tried to download the Metatrader 4 and I cant install the program  It keeps asking me for Proxy Server login and password even before It finishes downloading