MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 558

Hello I'm trying to left align the text in a label and have tried 2 ways of doing it without any success. The labels are in the top right hand corner and when they're all populated the text looks a mess as it's aligned to the right by default. The first try being a loop I came across. I didn't like...
I have been searching and was unable to find out... for example, when plot  line was at value 54 and now it gone down to 53 .... then the lines are connected: i want that plot lines were not connected, just they were horizontal without connecting to each other, after value changes... how to do that?...
i am having problems with calling indicators from another indicator.Can anyone help me with coding an indicator that plots the difference or sum of two indicators.i wish to use one indicator ,the first indicator will be running with period 13 and another with period 21.their sum or difference is...
this is a question.  when I try to log into my fxchoice account on my smartphone for the first time.  I only get prompted with numbers and my user name is letters.  Of course, I might be able to just change my user name to numbers however, that is like giving up.  I'm wondering why I'm not prompted...
[Deleted]
This is the statement of a friend. I think this is a scalp EA.  I have been learning MQL4 since 4 month ago and I'd like to create an EA like this statement. Could you please give me some example files of Scalp EA like this to see the code an make this kind of EA.
[Deleted]
for(i=0; i<200; i++){ //repaint   string barNamex = "barBodyx" + i;   string barName2 = "barBody2" + i;   int type = OBJ_RECTANGLE;   int window = 0;   datetime barTime = Time[i];   double barHigh = iMA(NULL,0,EMA1,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_MEDIAN,i);   double barLow = iMA(NULL,0,EMA2,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_MEDIAN...
[Deleted]
Whenever I click "start" my EA usually needs 2 or 3 attempts to run on the Strategy Tester. It uses multiple time frame analysis. The error I'm getting is a zero value at an iAM calculation on the very first bar (which leads to a zero divide since I'm dividing one iMA from another iMA). I have 5...
Hello to all, to get a result with a subtraction between two figures (price), use this code, but the result does not come out. The compilation of the code does not generate errors. How could I solve? thank you && MathAbs(Close[2+i] -Open [2+i]) > DojiGap2  * myPoint // this work!!            &&...
Hi, In each cycle I got different variables that stands for USD_strenght,GBP_strenght,JPY_strenght,CHF_strenght,EUR_strenght for example. These variables are numeric(integer) and can be form - to + I want to sort these five variables in order of the value that consist that variable for example...
Why the hell does MT4 make all fields blank when you just change the volume? This is very VERY anoying as it takes time to fill in those fields. Sometimes you have to be quick.. i lost a lot of potential trades because of this.
[Deleted]
It`s a double Fibo Fan indicator which works well. I am not experienced enough to change the code to have these options, could someone please help with the code? 1. to change the yellow fan color style to another one 2. the line style of the fan lines to dot or dash and, should it be possible, to...
hi guys, got dilemma with Line, seems fail to fix it   i appreciate any insight on this i can change color of line if i put it on extern section but its not very good way to change it i like to change as common style set em i mean this but i don't know how when user for exam chose a color or...
Hello, I'm currently writing a simple Expert Adviser that uses a arrow indicator.   The problem I have is that the indicator does not paint it's objects until the expert has finished... visually seen, this is of course horrific design.  Is this normal behavior? I should see it live right? Why isn't...
[Deleted]
Hi dear kind souls,  How do I update my charts to use candlesticks? I've tried clicking the button provided for it and also closed the charts and opened them up and tried again, but no results, it still uses the default line graphs. Please Help!  - Alexander 
[Deleted]
  Some questions  (3)
Hi ,    1. i accidentally closed the box on the bottom where you see details about the trade and gives you the option to close the trade aswell , how do i open it up again? 2. How can i delete a trendline or indicator from my chart? 
Hi group. I am trying to develop an MQL4 EA that places arrows on chart. When initiated, the EA will place arrows on past candles. To make it simple, the EA can be designed to place an up-arrow when the previous candle has had a 10 point move (or more) up (Close-Open>10). I am not a coder, but I am...
[Deleted]
Hi all, To open an order I use the below routine so it will try again if the order failed because of the "trade context is busy" error. But recently, orders are occasionally being missed because the initial attempt failed because of the trade context is busy error but there are no retries to be...
I am trying to find the largest fib number less than a given input.  I know that a number is a fib number if (5 * n^2 + 4) or (5 * n^2 - 4) is a square number.  Here is the function I am trying but it doesn't seem to work for me.  Can someone more experienced please take a look?  Thank you....
  Scripting Help  (1)
I am new to trying to script in MT4 - what good resources are the for this?  I want to learn the basics first with some simple tasks like get the values of the previous candle or range of the previous 7 candles for example.
Since the last two update of MT4 when I start the platform I got this message "windows explorer has stop working" and I should accept to restart the windows explorer .. and this could be happen more than one time with one start to the MT4. My OS is windows 7 ultimate with 64  bit Hope you find a...
[Deleted]
  MQL4 Encrypt when Compiling  (11   1 2)
Is there any way to add encryption when compiling an .ex4 file, so it is very difficultto decompile / reverse engineer? Thanks
extern datetime candledate= D'05.07.2016 16:00' ; //DD.MM.YYYY. HH:MM //---- buffer double buff_buy_entry[]; double pips; //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //|
Hi! I am, obviously unsuccessfully, trying to paste datetime into string: datetime dt_EAExpires=D'2016.12.31 23:59';extern string EA_expires_txt="--- EA expires on: "+TimeToString(dt_EAExpires,TIME_DATE|TIME_MINUTES)+" ---"; /*2016.12.31 23:59 ---";*/ // --- EXPIRATION DATE ---  This raises an error...
I wonder if someone knows a way how to detect a 'visual' chart launched by the Strategy Tester using a pure MQL. I would like to prevent running my scripts on such a chart, as the chart does not update graphic objects with ChartRedraw(). The IsVisualMode returns false in scripts, and saved chart...
  Decimal Problem  (1)
I am a beginner learning to code an EA. well in my EA i m calculating a percentage of range of a candle in Hourly candles. But in calculation 1 extra decimal place arriving such as in WTI.oil my BSO is 49.64 but it is coming 49.645. How can i code to ignore the last decimal place and take 2 places...
Maybe this is a basic question but I can't figure this out Why did my equity decreased more than usual from Friday 23:55  to Monday 00:00 Is there a commission I am being charged with? I am on Alpari demo server 2016.07.04 12:49:14.923 2015.01.05 00:05  macd EURUSD,M5: Bid1.192490 Ask1.192610...
New article Regular expressions for traders has been published: A regular expression is a special language for handling texts by applying a specified rule, also called a regex or regexp for short. In this article, we are going to show how to handle a trade report with the RegularExpressions library...
[Deleted]
Hi, how to force update to 988 without reinstalling ?   Thanks 
Hi everyone First post here, however reading a lot.  Hoping someone here can help with this.  Im struggling quite a bit with the strategy tester. Im not really sure what Im doing wrong as I watched a video code this EA and it showed results. Are there any limitations to the strategy tester that I...
  A technical question  (19   1 2)
How do I code in mql4 to find out if there is an arrow on the previous bar and the type of arrow, i.e. up or down? Appreciate any help.