TestGenerator: Write file error ??

Hi guys and gals,
when i test my ea on a ceratin time (strategytester) it works perfect. But if i increase the timezone to be tested (e.g. instead of 2004-2005 to 2004-2006) it somehow doesn't work anymore and i get this error ("TestGenerator: Write file error") (btw: i did all backtests on the "every tick" option). I use the alpari 1 minute history. I also converted this 1 minute history to 5,10, 15,60,240min(4h) + day (1440)min.
I hope you know a solution for this problem, so that i can do backtests for longer timezones.
Thank you!
Greetings
-mike :)

Check your hard disk space

If your hard disk partition is FAT32 then convert it to NTFS.

miketoll:
Hi guys and gals,
when i test my ea on a ceratin time (strategytester) it works perfect. But if i increase the timezone to be tested (e.g. instead of 2004-2005 to 2004-2006) it somehow doesn't work anymore and i get this error ("TestGenerator: Write file error") (btw: i did all backtests on the "every tick" option). I use the alpari 1 minute history. I also converted this 1 minute history to 5,10, 15,60,240min(4h) + day (1440)min.
I hope you know a solution for this problem, so that i can do backtests for longer timezones.
Thank you!
Greetings
-mike :)

Hi guys and good morning,

i have the same problem with Strategy Tester, Disk has no more Free Space and partition in NFTS.

I noted big memory consumption after running last Strategy Test and now i can not ran a new one on a different Pair. I suppose Disk memory now is overloaded with datas of past Strategy Tests.

May be can you help me and advise me if there is a Directory to clean or a different set up to overwrite datas of past Strategy tests.

Best Regards

Francesco  

If your Disk Space is low, then you are just going to have to release space on it - such as deleting old or unwanted files, deleting your Temporary Files (or Cache) in your Browser and to Empty your Recycle Bin.

You can also delete the Tester FXT files generated for previous runs, in order to make space for new files.

Alternatively, get a larger disk or install MetaTrader in Portable Mode on a secondary drive with more space available (or use another PC).

Reason: