MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 371

Important Update for MetaTrader 4 build 1080 The MetaTrader 4 platform update will be released on May 12, 2017. We strongly recommend that you install this update. A month ago, Microsoft released a major update of their operating system Windows 10 Creators Update (version 1703). After installing...
[Deleted]
Hello to all, for about two months I discovered the world of binary operations. I downloaded MT4 and I tried to understand the workings of the candles. I noticed that often after a candle long the trend will change within 15-20 minutes. Taking a currency as an example, this happens at a rate of...
[Deleted]
Hello, I have installed MT4 from metaquotes.net and cannot create an account. When I launch the program, it opens and the pop up "Open an Account" window comes up immediately, with my wife's information already entered into the fields as she traded from this PC previously. However, after filling...
Hello friends please to close the profit with profit protection not clearing the account. . Period M5 or M1 . ECN Account . Starting balance $ 100 or $ 500.  And set to become profitable?  Thank you. <Decompiled code removed>
Hi all, I am trying to do my own programming in this indicator. I took the default RSI code from MT4 and made some modifications. However, I add in the moving average of the RSI code, the compiler seems ok but when I apply to the chart, there is only an RSI line. The moving average of the RSI is
[Deleted]
I'm trying to write a custom indicator usually i press F5 and it compiles and I see the changes immediately on the live chart except for any changes in init() I'm using arrows which are sized in init() like so int init() int size = 4; SetIndexBuffer(2, signalUP); SetIndexStyle(2,DRAW_ARROW...
Hi. This post is a continuation, of sorts, to the thread started here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/218952 . It was titled "Swap Calculation issues..." by BoredMember but the thread was hijacked by the "rules", so many of us never got to see a solution. I am approaching the issue in a  different...
Hi, as the title says I am trying to do a spread check and if ea loses 3 times in a row the ea stop working. I dont know why it is not workinnng. Any help will be much appreciated. I will be using my ea just for forex. extern string _tmp1_ = " --- Trade params ---" ; extern bool QuotesExtraDigit =
HI, I have a 2 part expert which runs perfectly on the strategy tester and real account, but when merging them together there is some errors as following: 1. stop orders does not open on the range for example if I had ordered to open sell stops between 1.11 and bid price in EURUSD it starts from 1...
I am following a trader on MT4. Is it possible to receive an SMS as soon as a position is open related to the trader to which I am subscribed. Conversely, I do not want to receive SMS from my expert advisor who is on the same account as my signal subscribers. Is all this possible and how to do ?
Hello, I just bought an Expert Advisor on the market here for MT4. However when I click on `Install on the terminal'. I see this message in MT4: `MQL4 Market: failed to get of info product [404]` I am running BDSwiss Global MetaTrader4 on a Mac. Hope someone can help me, if you need more info, just...
Hi! For background info, my MT4 build is Version:4.00 Build 1170 (20 Dec 2018) across all my PC devices. I have a problem equipping EA on one of my PC. It keeps saying 'EA' is not expert and cannot be executed. I was using this EA since long ago and this problem seemed started after 31 March.. But...
Hi,  I know that there is a mql4 function of: SignalUnsubscribe() My understanding of this function is that it actually cancels the subscription entirely; so, if you wanted to start the same signal back up 1 day later you'd have to pay the full month's subscription fee a second time. Is this...
Hi All, While I'm not entirely new to coding I'm no pro either. I'm trying to code an EA that trades based on a basic Donchian Channel strategy, where I place a buy order when the price closes above the upper band, and closes that order when it touches the middle band. The short will open when the...
Hi, I import all currencies  live price data from MT4 to Excel. Despite The other currencies show price, no problem,  but EURJPY currency show me as "N/A" value. I try this formula in Excel to import prices; ='MT4'|BID!EURUSD . This formula work all currencies but EURJPY not. What can be problem...
I have a few EA and indicators that depend on several libraries and include files. Is there a way to make a sort of batch build file to compile all of them instead of manually build within MetaEditor?
Is it possible? If possible, what is the shortcut key (It is not "Shift + F12" as said in some topics)? Thanks.
  Stop loss  (2)
Hello, I left a stop loss on over the weekend, the starting price when the market reopened was well above my stop loss. Rather than go I g me my stop loss price at cash out I was given the very high price that the market reopened at. My friend on the same trade was given his stop loss price though....
Hello Guys. :) I found an ea that's working nice, it has option open pending order (buy stop and sell stop) before news in time I set it, and cancel a pending order that was not trigger. The problem is, when the order is trigger there is no option to close automatically an opened order, and I would...
Hi, I wrote a DLL and it works fine on my desktops(Windows 8.1/10). But when I put it on a widows server where I have some MT4 running, there will be an "2019.03.18 11:50:01.646 Cannot load 'C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\2665AF226528B3E5842XXXXXXXXXX\MQL4\Libraries\my...
   Recently my computer crashed,I fixed it but didn't completely reinstalled Windows 7.   Now when I click File>Open Data Folder nothing opens;everything else works even on my MT5 platform but not on MT4 .  Does anybody know why ?
Hi! I heard a lot of cases that old styled EA with old styled coding language are having trouble to run on MT4. Below for example that is in the new form: OnStartOnInitOnTick etc..  Does anyone have a list of such old styled code that were disabled since last MT4 update? I have few EAs having...
  TimeStart Code??  (4)
Hi there, I am trying to learn the coding of MetaEditor4. I have an EA from my friend and I am trying to learn each lines one by one. Currently EA doesn't place as many trades as it did, and I found the reason was because of TimeStart code in OrderSend, below is the relevant coding of the packet: On
How is it possible to get the digits of the symbol from Order Select? The order select will be selecting more than just the symbol. I have one method I don't know if I can trust The point is to use the order open price to find the digits. for(int iOT=0; iOT<OrdersTotal(); iOT++){if(!OrderSelect(iOT...
Or knows how to fix this error? I can’t commit any code since yesterday.
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                            Mcgee's indicator.mq4 |//|                                                  McNilly Goshomi |//|                                         mcnillygoshomi@gmail.com...
I am trying to pass a 2 dimensional double array to a C++ DLL without much luck. Is it actually possible to do this? The errors I am getting is "Cannot find 'ProcessFFTW' in DLLTest1.dll"  and  "FFTW_DLL Test 1 EURUSD, M1: unresolved import function call" This is the C++ code #include "stdafx...
Hello guys I'm writing an oscillator that calculates the percentage of bull candles for a certain period, but I noticed that it draws the line up to a certain point, someone is kind enough to help me? Thank you
Hi guys, i want your help for installing the custom indicator in mt-4.I know the normal procedure about how to install the indicator in mt-4 is go to C Drive- >Program Files - >MT-4 folder -> MQL4 folder - Indicators folder and add indicator there and after that restart the MetaTrader.Thats i was...
I'm trying to create an indicator panel in MT4 - never have done that before. I've done a couple of indicators in the past, but simplistic. Specifically I wish to show in an upper quadrant the current ATR(x) for multiple selected pairs all at on a Y time frame (ie, all 4 hour) in terms of pips. Does