Download MetaTrader 5

MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 371

To post a new topic, please log in or register
Tradeing Trader
Hello, since the function Alert() does not work in EAs, is there somethink simular or a trick how o make a same Alert or somethink simular from a EA program?
I have an ea compiled from build 509 that I input settings in tester and the string inputs are normal (509): Then I use the same ea and run it in the strategy tester build 600: You can see that the string inputs are strange numbers instead of the actual inputs. Why is this? Will this be fixed?
Hello friends, I am new to MT4. I found this ZIGZAG NRP an interesting indicator for trading. It does not repaint. If I can just stay with the direction of the indicator all the time, I calculated even though it gives loss in some trades, at the end of the day it will keep me in green. The problem...
Здравствуйте, многоуважаемые разработчики MQl4 ! После недавнего обновления обнаружил, что некорректно работает ф-я ObjectGetValueByTime в данном контексте: datetime time1=Time[10]; datetime time2=Time[0]; price1=Close[10]; price2=Close[0]; ObjectCreate("trend_line",OBJ_TREND,0, time1,...
Hi there, I have written some code which basically loops through open orders and then filters them by their magic number. Something along the lines of extern int BuyMagicNumber = xxxxx;for(int PositionIndex = OrdersTotal() - 1; PositionIndex >= 0; PositionIndex --)      {    if(...
Hi Everyone, I hope this is not a silly question but if it is apologies in advance. I'm experimenting with different templates. I create a different template, load it into one chart and if I like it I then save it. But I then have to load in the template into each chart and this is a real pain...
While in normal times does not have problems in pending orders. During the time when the high volatility and pending order is not activated (invalid sl or tp) gives warning. my ECN broker digits 5 minimum distance : 2 pips please help me. <ADDED BY MODERATOR>...
The following code for an indicator just kept crashing / suspending (infinite loop, too many calcultion???) Can someone suggest a better coding practise to get a better result. Code is not tidy as it has been copy and pasted from different places and played with to see if I can get a quick overview...
Hi to all. Have a little problem. I m not a programmer but i understand a little in metaeditor. I can modify or change values in some indicators and that usually be ok. No errors. Problem in this indicator is that it shows candle pattern through all history of the chart. And i don't heed this, it...
Hello, I am NEW in Mql4 Coding, can anyone help me to add Parabolic Moving Stop Loss into my EA Please? Basically move the Stop Loss to current Parabolic Dot..
  Transfering indicators (19   1 2)
Can I please get instructions in very simple language on how to put a new indi into an MT4 platform. If I copy a ".ex" file from one 610 build to another it does not appear in the navigator column. The same if I get one from an old 500 build. With both if I go to experts - indicators they are...
Because of the new update of mt4,my plateform doesnt show a customized indicator As you can see on this snapshoot, in the directory (1) C:\..\ MQL4\Indicators, I copied (2) EJ_CandleTime.mq4 But i cant found it in my mt4 plateform under customized indicators (3) How can it be corriged? Thanks in...
As so many of us are aware, the release of build 600 with all of its bugs is a disaster for traders as so many EA's Indicators etc no longer work. MetaQuotes are up to build 610 so they have released 10 builds in the last 3 weeks, so clearly they are aware of all the bugs and are trying to fix them....
A nice S&P forecast looking for new highs, the best trade setups for consistent profits I review last weeks trades and show you some for next week. >
/** Scan History**/ bool InHistory(double magic) { int i,hstTotal=OrdersHistoryTotal(); for(i=0;i<hstTotal;i++) { OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_HISTORY); if(OrderMagicNumber() == magic) { return(TRUE); break; } else { return(FALSE); } }}...
Hi i have 3-4 positions open. some are in +ve some are in -ve. I want to set an alert which will trigger when all the positions combinely achieve to predefined profit figure. Eg. my target is to make $100 by any means. I have following positions open position 1: Eur/usd : -30 position 2:gbp/usd: -20...
When you save a Back-test report in MT4 you clearly see the date period used in the back-testing. Am I missing something or is this information simply missing in a saved MT4 Optimization report?! Thanks for your help! :-)
New article Offline Charts in the New MQL4 has been published: Updated MQL4 has the new format for storing historical data and provides the appropriate MqlRates structure for convenient storage of Time, Open, Low, High, Close and Volume values. For many years, traders have developed their MQL4...
Hi, I have installed MT4 in the c:\Program Files 8X86)\ folder what was probably not the best idea. I wanted to copy a script into the folder c:\Program Files (x86)\MB Trading FX MetaTrader 4\experts\scripts\, but MT4 did not find it so it was not on the script list. After some research I realized...
MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 604 Terminal: improved routing of trade requests when several of them are sent simultaneously from different MQL4 applications.MQL4: fixed operation of ArrayBsearch binary search function for signed integer arrays.MQL4: improved managing Expert Advisor...
Hi, Is it normal that ChartID() function gives back the very same id of different charts (EURJPY,M15 and EURUSD,M15)? How can I avoid it? Thanks
Hi, after the recent updates in mt4 one script I've been using for 2 years now doesn't work anymore. The script prints server time on charts and I used it to check by eyes if the price is updated to the current time, if server time on chart is not matching computer clock time then I know some...
Hi, in which file on my metatrader account are my last trades saved? Where is the path for that?
Hello, I am having trouble with large gaps in historical data (300 plus days). I have downloaded, imported and recalculated data from several different locations for several currency pairs and consistantly have gaps through 2012 when testing with the mt4i Data Integrity checker, this is despite the...
Hi all I need some guidance in settingalerts for Weekly, Monthly, and Quarterly High-Low of any pair in MT4. I am not a programmer or expertuser or MT4. What I con do is calculate and set W-M-Q alerts manually for each and every pair . But problem is that… Calculatingthese W,M,Q high-low is too...
I declared a method named EnterTrade() that only takes one variable, an enumeration named TradeDirection. The compiler throws the errors TradeDirection - declaration without type. Why won't this compile? void EnterTrade(TradeDirection dir) { } enum TradeDirection { Long, Short };
does anyone know how I can get the chart background color in mq4? I want to able to automatically decide on the color to use for a symbol in an indicator. e.g. If the chart is white, the use a black symbol, but if the chart is black, use a white symbol. TIA
  change background color (12   1 2)
Is there a way to change the chart background color depending on a variable in MQL4?
Tradeing Trader
Hello, is it possible to get any way the background color from the chart, during codeing somethink?