My first EA, it wont open trades, any help? - page 3

Luis Garcia:

I woulnd`t know how to code such return, promise to get on it tho! thanks

It so simple:

double Media = iMA (NULL,0,MA, MAShift,MAMethod, MAApliedTo,1); 

if(OrdersTotal()==0) {

int res = 0;   

if (Ask>Media+15*_Point)
      res = OrderSend (Symbol (),OP_BUY,LotSize,Ask,6,Ask-StopLoss*_Point,Ask+TakeProfit*_Point,NULL,MagicNumber,0,Green); 

if (Bid<Media-15*_Point)
      res = OrderSend (Symbol (),OP_SELL,LotSize,Bid,6,Bid+StopLoss*_Point,Bid-TakeProfit*_Point,NULL,MagicNumber,0,Red);

if( res<0 ) GetLastError();
}

Keep in mind that OrdersTotal() return total of orders (both market and pending on your account). Using this variable  can be right only in backtest.

Always better to create a custom function checking if there are opened orders with Magic Number.

bool orderOpen()  {
   int total=OrdersTotal();
   for(int i=0; i<total; i++)  {
      if( !OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS) || OrderMagicNumber()!=magicNumber) continue;
      return(true);
   }
   return(false);
}
So your 
OrdersTotal()==0

Will become

!OrderOpen()
Anyway, as I already suggested, you can learn by the infinite amount of free code found on Codebase, instead of opening thread related only to your bad coding skills.

Fabio Cavalloni:

It so simple:

Keep in mind that OrdersTotal() return total of orders (both market and pending on your account). Using this variable  can be right only in backtest.

Always better to create a custom function checking if there are opened orders with Magic Number.

So your 

Will become

Anyway, as I already suggested, you can learn by the infinite amount of free code found on Codebase, instead of opening thread related only to your bad coding skills.

Thanks man!!

Reason: