EA reactivating themselves with one broker when MT4 starts again

HI all,

I have a bit of an issue with just one broker as it seems that the last EA attached with a chart reactivates itself after havin been closed whenever MT4 is started. A quick example would help:

EA is attached and running on one chart. During the day I stop the EA and detach it from the chart. I then close MT4. The day after I reopen MT4 and the EA somehow starts again. 

If I have different EAs attached to different charts and I close them, the day after they will start again as if I never closed them.

This issue happens with just one broker (i.e. same EAs are running with other brokers but they will not start by themselves after having been closed).

Any thoughts on why this happens?

Thanks,

MG 

I then close MT4.

Are you actually closing MT4 or are you shutting down your computer with MT4 still running?

Always close MT4 before shutting down your computer.

Thanks Keith,

Actually the last time it happened, the computer actually froze and I  had to shut it down.

I did  not know that you had to close MT4 before shutting the computer and I will do it from now onwards. It will still be an inconvenience when the VPS crashes and I have to restart it though.

Any reason why this happen just with one broker?

Thanks,

MG

MacGiamma:

Thanks Keith,

Actually the last time it happened, the computer actually froze and I  had to shut it down.

I did  not know that you had to close MT4 before shutting the computer and I will do it from now onwards. It will still be an inconvenience when the VPS crashes and I have to restart it though.

Any reason why this happen just with one broker?

Thanks,

MG

If this is the cause of your problems, it could be that the last time that you shut down MT4 for this broker properly, the EA was running and this was not the case with the other brokers.

Shutting down your computer without first closing MT4 may not be a problem nowadays. I don't know for sure as I always close MT4 first. It used to be (and maybe still is) that if you shut down without closing MT4 first, when you open Mt4 again anything that you had done in the previous session (added/removed trendlines, indicators/EAs etc) were lost.

Reason: