MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1016

Is it true that T/P (and limit order) always executed rather than S/L (and stop order) while GAP happen? I experience the same issue, TP executed on requested price while there is no price available at time cause by GAP after the weekend opening, But on the other time my S/L was not executed on...
[Deleted]
I have been writing EA's for about a year in FXCM's strategy trader. I am new to Mql4. I am trying to duplicate a function I have in my Strategy trader EA, which is to specify a close order (fill or kill) in the total lot volume of open trades in the currency pair chart to which the EA is...
[Deleted]
I just started using this indicator and noticed USD/CAD does not have any data on the 30 minute and 1 hr. charts.All the other pairs work fine and the loonie also is OK in the other time frames. I was wondering if anybody else had a similar problem
Hi experts, I want to see high value and low value of current candle. I know MT4 already show Open, High, Low, Close value (OHLC) on the left corner but it's too small and is not customized. I would like to see the High value on the top right corner and low value in bottom right corner. I am an...
[Deleted]
I am testing my EA on OANDA MetaTrader Broker - Demo account. My ordersend for a buy signal is below. I do not have any problem with the signal execution. The only problem I have is the ordercomment(). As you could see my comment says "MY EA". However, when I print it I get a different comment : "...
New article Limitless Opportunities with MetaTrader 5 and MQL5 is published: In this article, I would like to give an example of what a trader's program can be like as well as what results can be achieved in 9 months, having started to learn MQL5 from scratch. This example will also show how...
hi can any one help me to how i m create a candelstick ea just simple candelstick no any indicator when fullbody candel that works i m attach a chart lets see and my english is too poor
Sorry it sounds so simple but I'd just like to see some sample code - then play around. (Any sample code for dealing with 'objects' would be great.) I just want to place a horizontal line as my own trailing stop. I guess I want to create an object then continually modify. [when I use the search...
I am just getting into backtesting now and writing my first script to try to make it work. I am wondering if it is possible to test price histories with sub-minute precision. In other words, could I find data somewhere that is second-by-second and be able to have a script that trades based on price...
[Deleted]
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                         D1_hi_low_line_on_h1.mq4 |//|                       Copyright ?2010, MetaQuotes Software Corp. |//|                                        http://www.metaquotes.net...
I am using the code below to check a log file. Most of the tickets I would expect to have been closed sometime ago and I would therefore expect the code to take the 'else' route but the FileWrite suggestions otherwise while ( FileIsEnding (My_FileClose_Handle) == FALSE ) { temp_string =
  Martin plus loci  (136   1 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14)
The main thing is not to spit, it's a bad idea in a vacuum of ideas. Much has been written about Martin, and its main drawback - increase of the position volume in exponential progression in case of bad outcomes. However with respect to our rams, the increasing of the position volume can be
Here is code that works on EURJPY but does not generate a signal when applied to other symbols such as EURGBP. Help as to why.
[Deleted]
this indicator repaint, i edit i=1 but not showing line.
I'm consistently having problems setting both the 'LINE_WIDTH and LINE_STYLE in the SetIndexStyle function. I'm following the info and examples in the MetaEditor, but.... )< 8( #property indicator_color1 Aqua ....... ....... int init() { SetIndexStyle(0, DRAW_ARROW, STYLE_SOLID, 5, Aqua); //...
[Deleted]
  HELP.  (2)
Please MQL4 community I need your help about auto trading. Can anybody please help I am new in forex.
Hi, I'm having a problem using series variables in an Expert Advisor. I can't seem to work it out. I know how to do this in an indicator, but things seem to be different in Expert Advisors. If I do something simple like this double myVal[]; int start(){   myVal[0] = 100;      Print(Time[0] + " ,...
A friend of mine coded a custom indicator, and gave it to me. It works perfectly well on his PC and other peoples, but not mine. It doesn't give an error or anything, it just doesn't work the way it's supposed to. If anyone can give me advice or pointers on how to get them working properly, that...
[Deleted]
Send us your suggestions on our site on what we should include next in our free downloads!!!
[Deleted]
double ffUpperChannelValue;double ffLowerChannelValue;int start(){        //Controls number of Bars   if(Bars < wideChannel)       return;       if(barHasChanged())       setValuesOnBarChange();  //set values for global variables        /*         //EXIT   if(OrdersTotal()>...
If you would like something coded, I can code it for you. Price: If I have little else to do, then I will do it for free. If I am busy then I will ask you for money. (Today on 24/10/2010, I have plenty of time) About me: I currently work as a programmer, I teach programming, I am studying a...
  Chart Problem  (4)
Hello everyone.. wish that someone would help me to figure out this issue. As you can see on the picture the candle stick jumped from13/1/2012 to 8/5/2012. Can someone guide me to solve this issue. Thanks in advance.. :)
Hello Everybody I'm using MQ4, build 432, on Win7 Ultimate. When I start MetaEditor, and highlight some code, and then <CTRL>C to copy it, MetaEditor crashes. Of course this happens without saving ANY work I have done so far! Does anybody know about this problem, and is there a cure? Regards
Modification of "Close at Profit", this EA has the option of closing when a currency pair take a benefit = X, now I have done is to do the same but, I separate trade Buy close at X & trade Sell close at X independent. But i dont't see where is the error. I see the text in chart but 0,00 i don't see...
hello,, could any one please suggest a good but cheap programmer to do predefined pattern recognition expert advisor thanks in advance
After a long three weeks of work I havebuilt my own custom indicator and am happy with the on screenresults. I have been trying for the last two days to output a returnvalue to an EA without any results. How do I get it to return a value tomy EA like iMA does? FYI my EA is the simple expert...
Does anyone know is there any ready formula for t scoring in mql4 to to rate the system/indicator?Thanks.
In his paper http://www.priceactionlab.com/Literature/profitability.pdf Michael Harris represents the profitability rule as : w = pf/(pf+R) where pf = profit factor, R = payoff ratio and w is the win rate. How can I convert this into a code in the expert advisor?Can anyone help?Thanks.
New article The Golden Rule of Traders is published: In order to make profits based on high expectations, we must understand three basic principles of good trading: Know your risk when entering the market; Cut your losses early and allow your profit to run; Know the expectation of your system –...
[Deleted]
Hi All, I am new to mql language and took an attempt to create my own EA based on various pdf and forum here. I have managed to built an EA that works in strategy tester but when I put it to work as EA then it does not open any trades. When I then test the same day in strategy tester - trades are...