Code EA to open limited number of trades every time when there is a signal

To add comments, please log in or register
E.Cristian
E.Cristian  

Hello guy!

Huge respect for all the good hearted people who help the newbees. I searched 4 days for a solution but I couldn't find it anywhere, either it is an advanced code or I am to blind at this moment to find it.

So, I want to code a complex (from my point of view) EA and I'm stuck at sending orders. If I put only the condition for when to open a trade, my algo will open "infinite" orders. If I try to limit the orders by magic number, it won't open other positions when the conditions are met again.

For example, I use a MA and Volume to enter trades, algo should open 2 buy positions and one buyLimit when price is above MA and when there is enough buy volume. Simple until here. Now comes the mystery (for me) and where I need help. Algo should reenter in 2 buy position every time when the volume increases after a decrease as long price is above MA.

Somehow I can't figure it out how I can limit the algo to open 3 trades, and then 2 trades every time the conditions are met again.  

Thank you very much!

William Roeder
William Roeder  
E.Cristian: If I put only the condition for when to open a trade, my algo will open "infinite" orders.

You are looking at a signal. So every tick you open another.

Act on a change of signal.
          MQL4 (in Strategy Tester) - double testing of entry conditions - MQL5 programming forum #1 2017.12.12

E.Cristian
E.Cristian  
William Roeder:

You are looking at a signal. So every tick you open another.

Act on a change of signal.
          MQL4 (in Strategy Tester) - double testing of entry conditions - MQL5 programming forum #1 2017.12.12

Thank you very much for your reply!

You saved me!

E.Cristian
E.Cristian  
I apologize for my lack of experience. I have tried the code, and it just delays the opening of orders. 
  static bool openCondition=false; static datetime firstSeen;
  bool prevCondition = openCondition; openCondition = (EntryIndi < Open[0] && kiju < Open[0] && wBuy >= wLine);
   if(openCondition)
   {
    if(!prevCondition) firstSeen = TimeCurrent(); // Remember first seen
    else if(TimeCurrent() - firstSeen >= 2)
    {
         OrderSend(NULL,OP_BUY,lotSize, Ask, 10,AtrStopLoss,AtrTakeProfit,NULL,magicNB);         
         OrderSend(NULL,OP_BUY,lotSize, Ask, 10,AtrStopLoss,0,NULL,magicNB);      
         OrderSend(NULL,OP_BUYLIMIT,lotSize2,priceLimit,10,AtrStopLoss,0,NULL,magicNB); 
 }
 else 
 {
   Alert("uuu");
 }

What did I do wrong?

William Roeder
William Roeder  

You added firstSeen and broke the logic. Just use if(openCondition && !prevCondition)

If you really need firstSeen, make it part of your condition.

To add comments, please log in or register