MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1619

Is it possible to code an Alert when both the RSI & Stochastic has returned from O/B or O/S levels and crossed into middle again. If one of the indicators crossed back over (even up to 10 bars before the other indicator) - I still want an alert to sound. Any help will be greatly appreciated as I am
Is it possible to coding an alert with a custom sound? As far I know MessageBox fuction is cannot be called from custom indicators. Thank you
[Deleted]
Hello Can someone help me how to convert EA to Script ? and also what is the difference between EA and Script programming structure ? thank you
[Deleted]
I see these functons and I want to know how to use them ?? IsTesting, HideTestIndicators : What do these mean ? What is a testing chart ? EA is running in testing mode, so what does this mean,if on a live account orders are not sent ?? Hide test indictors, where and how is this seen or not seen from...
i couldnt upload my .ex4 file. it keep prompt me the same message box. (the file name may contain only latin letters....................) in which my file name contain only latin letters. Help Needed!
Please help! I know how to import into history center many additional "offline" symbols (other from given by broker's server). and how to see them as "offline" charts in MT4. But I would like to heve a tool to compare visualy price action of any of these offline symbols in one window (as a cluster
Is there a built in way to do this with MQL? Something like, high(openorder)? Ordo I have to get in the mess of setting up dynamic arrays?
HI, I SETUP A SYSTEM FOR PAIRS TRADING, EVERYTHING IS COMPLETE, MY ONLY PROBLEM ISENTRY. FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND, ENTRY IS BASED ON THE DEVIATION OF THE RATIO OFPAIR1/PAIR2. BUT, ENTRY IS ALSO BASED ON CORRELATION30,90,180,365 TIME FRAMES. FOR EXAMPLE, YOU HAVE CADJPY AND NZDCHF, LETS SAY THEY ALL...
What about create a competitors ranking using the Championship historical classification? Some advantages: - increase historical competition; - if EAs works, and I believe so, some competitors will remain top ranked positions; - brings even more qualified competitors and sponsors;
Anybody could help me? for example: double ma=iMa(...); How to put "ma" value on left-bottom of the main window? Thank you.
[Deleted]
I would like to ask about the time zone of the Metaquotes demo server. what is the time zone and does it implement dst. also, is the server to be used in the championship, the same serve with the same zone. thanks
I understand that the error code 1 means there is no change when compiler executeOrderModify. But I cannot understand why such code like below giving error code1 too... if(TrailingStop>0) { if(NormalizeDouble(Bid-OrderOpenPrice()...
Hi, I’ve got some variables Int var1= 12.598 Int var2 = 96.325 Int var3=12544.3658882 Int var4=9865.010144 How can I extract the last 2 characters on the right (98 , 25 or 82 etc.. ) With the function « StringSubstr »? Because StringSubstr (var1,0,2) =12 Thanks for all your help!
I currently run build 208 of MetaTrader on my computer. When the auto update triesto upgrade to build 210 it fails. Do you know by chance how to resolve this problem. I'm running MT4 on Vista Home Premium. On my other computers that run XP I encounteredno problems.
[Deleted]
I saw this code in the MQL4 documentation: ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,1,Ask,3,Ask-25*Point,Ask+25*Point,"My order #2",16384,0,Green); if(ticket<0) { Print("OrderSend failed with error #",GetLastError()); return(0); } and I used it in my expert but it seems that this code opens...
[Deleted]
Hello, I'm new to MQL and I am trying to write a program that will open an order on twodifferent pairs at one time. For example, when GBP/USD ask hits 2.05, open a shorton both GBP/USD and EUR/USD. I can only get the position to open correctly on thepair that has the EA attached to it. On the...
(1) UninitializeReason() not always return to new launch init() what previous launchdeinit() sees, why? previous launch deinit() sees: REASON_CHARTCLOSE new launch init() sees: Script finished its execution independently (2) EA global scope memory and EA any scope static memory fails to reset to...
[Deleted]
Help with an exit. What is the code to reference data on a previous bar, for example A buy is placed at the 11:00 oclock bar. How do you right the code for an if statement to say If the close price < low of the 11:00 bar Thanks Doc
[Deleted]
Write a script... run it... shows a profit. Save the script under a different name... run it again with the exact same paramters... different $$$. Close out the application... start it again... run the SAME program under the SAMEparameters as before. . TOTALLY DIFFERENT NUMBERS.. . Something is very...
[Deleted]
since today i have in my metatrader software a other reference time. i live in germany and server time was until yesterday same like my Hometown time. Since today(Thursday) i have a 1 hour difference. hometown time is 1 earlier than metaquotes servertime of all currencies. is this changing often or
Hi, As far as I know, today I must write a script and assign a hotkey to it if I want to create additional hotkeys beyond the default set. 1. First request: Add a 2nd hotkey "=" to do a Zoom-In command. Sincethe "+" is already documented as a Zoom-In key, I don't suggest to change it, but rather...
Is it possible to have a default set of candle colors so when I open up a brandnew chart I don't have to set up my preferred colors every time?
If it is possible, how do I access current bid and ask prices in custom indicatorcode?
[Deleted]
Hello, How is everybody doing? This is my first post in this forum. I believe that this forum has helpful people. Will somebody help me with the following code, please? void CloseOrders() { int total; total = OrdersTotal(); for(int a = 0;a < total; a ++) { OrderSelect(a, SELECT_BY_POS,...
[Deleted]
  last order price  (1)
how do i choose the last order price of current symbol?
[Deleted]
  Linux OS  (1)
Is there any plan to make software Meta Trader under Linux Operating System? I alreadytry to install under Linux OS but I think it is a bad idea.
Hello all. I am trying to develop a basic MQL expert advisor for fully automated trading . I have looked around and haven't found very many tutorials on how to write EAs. Below I have attempted to write a simple EA, but am not sure about the syntax. int ilots = 100 //open position //if no other
I have a problem with EA. When I manually close a trade opened by EA, EA will open another trade since thesignal is still in the same direction. How can I lead EA to open only one trade after each signal change ?
How to Make the Detection and Recovery of Errors in an Expert Advisor Code Easier In Export Advisors development, the questions of code errors detection and recoveryare very important. The peculiarity is that a not detected in time error may ruina precious idea of a trading system already on the...
Is there a way around the 8 indicator buffer limit in the initialazation functionof a program, I need 9 t make it work, thanks for your help