MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1656

[Deleted]
  OrderProfit() ?  (3)
How does OrderProfit() calculated for open orders ? what value does it return ? I have a problem with a code, I think I get it right but it just doesn't work I am trying to close all profitable orders. total = OrdersTotal(); //now two orders are open for(i = 0;i<total;i++) { OrderSelect(i...
[Deleted]
Hi all :) I'm trying to develop an EA using this LRC indicator but i'm not ableenough to code it into an Expert Advisor. Is there a way to have a list code versionso that i can import it using iCustom function ? Any suggestion/help is appreciated ;) Thank you :)
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006, the "Championship Report: Ninth Week" has been published. This week turned to be very surprising. There is less thana month left to the end of the competition, but the Top Ten has seriously changed.The last weeks' leaders have lost their...
[Deleted]
  Count Bars  (4)
How to count the bars of which Close > Open within 20 period ? thanks regards Kang
I'm getting repeated error message in my FDXX Demo Terminal window expert tab. "Expert Name".USDJPY,M15:OrderModify-Error # 1 mql error code 1 is "No error returned, but the result is unknown." Could someone advise what could cause this type error? Thanks, Wackena
Hi, Is there anyone here that experienced integration of MetaTrader and Currenex, in order to automate trading (feed + order management )? Is the integration Broker dependant? Luis Guilherme Damiani May the odds be with you
In my study of doubling or 'Martingale' systems, I've identified three major strategies that can be employed: 1. Counter trend. This is the strategy used in Terminator, Predator, DLM, 10Points3 and others, and involves continuing to trade in the losing direction, doubling each time, until the...
[Deleted]
1. If one uses the new 'download' button in the history center to get EURUSD data, it's missing the month of October for this year. 2. If one then imports Alpari data via a file, this will only work with the *.hst wild card in the dialog, not the *.* default. 3. Once the data is imported, MetaTrader
  Mql2Mq4 v2.0  (2)
Hi, Just a little word about this tool. With it you can convert Expert, Indicator,script, functions writen in MQL II to MQL4 compatible with last MetaTrader 4 version. Very usefull to speed up convertion of old scripts. You can download last shareware version here [edited] Do no hesitated to...
[Deleted]
'Error 146 ("Trade context busy") and How to Deal with It'
[Deleted]
If one tries to optimize a stratergy with a large number of parameters , it seems the variable which is used to count the number of passes wraps and you only get a couple of passes. e.g. If have a stratergy with these params [0..80] step 10. [10..80] step 10 [0..400] step 10 [0..400] step 10 [-5..5]
Dear Administrator, It is not very dificult to find a link on wich to klick to subscribe to this elite section. But I can nowhere find how to unsubscribe. I can see at the small star near the price that it will atomaticaly renew the subcription every month. Not very user friendly !!! Regards Johny...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006, the "Disqualification Report" has been published. 15 Participants of the Championship were disqualified or eliminated.The most frequent reson for this was violation of Clause III.6 of the Rules ofthe Automated Trading Championship 2006. The...
Hi, As I know we can't use Hyperorder and dynaorder with MetaTrader for sendingorder from other charting softwares like metastock/tradestation/omega prosuitebecoz the client API ver.4 of metatrader was not released yet, How do u work withoutit ? Hyper order and dynaorder are very good but at now . ....
[Deleted]
I am new to the forum and have been looking at the Macd Sample expert to enable me to understand what is happening. Can somebody please explain what is SWAP OPEN and SWAP Close and where in the code does this come from. These entries are in the Results page after the expert has been run. Thanks
[Deleted]
Hi there, had anybody tried to include a first indicator´s data setup at, let´s say, a MA? Even when 2 MA are in theEA, I can´t find the proper settings other than price open, close, whatever, for the one with the bigger daysetup. Any ideas?
[Deleted]
  'Watch' lists  (2)
I have been looking at the Metaquotes language, with the intention of automatinga trading system I have been working on. Most of my requirements are well covered, and the documentation is sufficient forme to generate a suitable EA. However, the EA seems to be attached to a specific 'symbol', or...
[Deleted]
How do I get an email alert when silvertrend indicator change it's signal?
  Collector v1.00  (15   1 2)
Here is a new EA I've been working on which functions similarly to Terminator and others in that it using a Martingale-style doubling progression to keep the account in the market until a win can be achieved. The difference is that instead of continuing to trade in one direction when the market...
[Deleted]
I believe that there is an indicator that converts the incoming data into non standardtimeframes in real time. However, per my understanding, that is saved as a file.Is there any way, I can trade using an EA on non standard time frames? For examples,how can I trade using 2 hour or 8 hour charts?...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006, the "Statistical Report #3" has been published. In this statistical report, we analyze 25 of the most profitableExpert Advisors as of the 20th of November. The analyses are aimed at descriptionof such characteristics of Expert Advisors as...
I'm attempting to create an indicator which requires many buffers. It is an indicator which will automatically draw in fibonacci levels. How would one go about this? (creating a large variable number of buffers, I'mfine with the rest of the coding)
[Deleted]
I am new to MT Trader and got the following questions. Any help is apprecaited. 1) Both EA and Indicators are written in MQL4, how does MT Trader know whether it is an EA or indicator? I checked the reference, the program structures seem no different (i.e. init(), start()). Other than the code are
I thought i saw a command to run an external program in the metaeditor... was imistaken or just can't find it?
There 10 pages of participants in the championship. After 2 months the following picture has begun to take shape: 1st page seems to consistently gaining money, pages 2,3,4 are jogging in place and the rest seem to consistently losing money or as they say in russian forumthose EAs are drainers....
I think this tool is very interesting to watch the fibo level data from all pairs, remember to enable your DDE server and macros on your Excel. Enjoy it..
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006, the "Championship Report: Eighth Week" has been published. The eighth week of the Automated Trading Championship 2006is over. Two thirds of the time provided for the competition. At the end of theprevious week, the structure of the Top Ten...
When using 'WindowBarsPerChart()' the editor suggests, and highlights, 'WindowBarsPerWindow()' and not 'WindowBarsPerChart()'. Thanks.