MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1570

00:03:22 '303313': trading by experts is prohibited 00:03:22 '303313': trading by experts is prohibited 00:03:37 '303313': trading by experts is prohibited
  Please tell us your opinion.  (71   1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 8)
Testing with a constant 0.1 lot. What is your opinion? Will it work in the future? Strategy Tester Report #1 test (Build 216) Symbol EURUSD (Euro vs US Dollar) Period 1 Hour (H1) 2008.01.02 10:00 - 2008.04.22 23:59 (2008.01.01 - 2008.04.23) Model By open prices (only for Expert Advisors with
[Deleted]
Is there a new line command for comments?  So instead of: comment 1 comment 2 comment3 I could have: comment1 comment2 comment3 Also, is there any way to change the color of parts of the comments?: (white text)comment   (red text)1
[Deleted]
1. How can I tell if start is being called the first time in an EA? Is there a way you can tell which day you're on (Bars-1 or 0, eg). 2. If I have more that one buy of EUR/USD (eg) how can I calculate the average cost of my position given what I paid for each order and the lot size of that order?...
Hi. Somebody using Hawkeye Trader system?I am interesting of the result,because toolkit is very expensive. May sombody has EA for Imran Sait System? I'm searching Expert Advisor made with the Imran Sait System, doeascan some one can send it to me. grzegorzuklejewski@wp.pl Sorry for my english. Have...
[Deleted]
Hi All, I am a beginner here. Can someone suggest me any artiles or forrum topics about how to use strategy tester. I am trying to test some code using historical data. I am trying to use the visual mode but when I select the check box and start the testing it is completing the test with in seconds...
Greetings, It seems that the x-axis is locked and we can only plot charts on time. Is this correct? If this is true (and I hope it's not) I can't use MT. Time distorts visions like gravity distorts light. This would be a terrible hindrance to be stuck with having to view market data with the skewed...
attached pic is K Kines of EURUSD ( Period of 2008-02-07-----------2008-04-28),I used in another currency tools . A:=MA(CLOSE,1); B:=(LOW+HIGH+CLOSE)/3; C:=MA(B,5); D:=HHV(C,10); E:LLV(C,10); and I want port those codes to MT4 platform,but it does not work like the pic ? thank you !!!!! #property...
[Deleted]
This always results in 0, no matter what the market does.  What is going on?//find average body over the last 12 1 minute barsfor(int j=12;j>=0;j--){   BodyAve += MathAbs(Open[j]-Close[j]);      Count++;   BodyAve = BodyAve/Count;  }
[Deleted]
Hi I want my ea to only open positions between 05:00 GMT to 17:00 GMT but to close them, if they are open and need to be closed, all the time. The idea is to avoid flat market, and assian session. Can this be done???
New article MetaEditor:Templates as a Spot to Stand On is published: It may be news to many our readers that all preparations for writing an EA can be performed once and then used continuously. Author: MetaQuotes
Hello! I would like to know how support and resistance levels are calculatet? Are there more then one support and one resistance levels? I looked at codebase but I don't know which is the best indicator, can anyone help me? Thanks, by!
Hi everybody I've got a file (var.txt) with some variables //************var.txt*********************// double high_d1 = iHigh(NULL, PERIOD_D1, Current + 0); double low_d1 = iLow(NULL, PERIOD_D1, Current + 0); double highp1_d1 = iHigh(NULL, PERIOD_D1, Current + 1); double lowp1_d1 = iLow(NULL,...
[Deleted]
I am looking for a EA or a function callwhich can read an incoming mail. I want to set up a system where execution take place based on areceived mail alert. Please let me know if any one can help.
[Deleted]
For example, if you are using 1 minute bars, call this fucntion when time changes from (DD:HH:MM format) XX:XX:X1 to XX:XX:X2. If you are using five minute bars, call this function when the time changes from XX:XX:X1 to XX:XX:X6. ???
[Deleted]
I am simply trying to calculate an average of volume over the last 12 1 minute bars.  I also notice that when I change timeframes, any EAs I have running will stop (unint 3).  Anyway around this?  I'd like to keep the EA running as I change timeframes and keep the averages based on 1 minute info no...
new fibanacci number-expanding AB=CD pattern-expanding pivot lines (ready for publishing) Introduction I'm going to give an idea of more detail of fibonacci number that can be used as expanding pivot lines or use it as an expanding AB=CD pattern. Your Title new fibanacci number-expanding AB=CD...
[Deleted]
i know this has come up a few times but i cant find a clear answer in the other topics or articles. .. I cant use gmail for SMTP because i cant disable TLS (or atleast not aware how to disable it) so when i try to connect to gmail i get : Mail: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first...
[Deleted]
Hello, I would like to know the expression to calculate : In my EA I would make something like this : - I try 1 lot - If the free margin is not ok, I try 0.9 lots - If the free margin is not ok, I try 0.8 lots - and continue until have the minimum lots to open an order Have you got an expression to...
[Deleted]
Hello! I would read two string from file,(file.txt),but don't work for me,I recieive two error message:Too many Opened Files,and File was not found! the file.txt in tester/Files folder. Here is the code: extern string FileName = "file.txt"; int init() { return(0); } int deinit() {...
I would consider myself an expert programmer but am new to financial trading and quantitative finance. I've been looking around on the forums for MetaTrader for the ultimate winning trading signals, but came across a simple strategy that depends on the price crossing of the lowest value for the...
[Deleted]
Can any one help with that? I want to set up a system where execution take place based on a received mail alert. In other words I am looking for a EA function call which can read an incoming mail and later I can make decision based on the received mail. Please let me know if any one knows. Thanks,
Hello, i have leran now good coding and want let you all know if there is one hoe have a good working Idea I can code a Expert Advisor for us to use, just contact me at kuc2n (at) yahoo.de and let us discuss .
  Highest / Lowest  (3)
Hi, I need to calculate the Highest Value of a Moving Average in the most recent 20 bars. I think I can’t use the iHighest function... Anyone can halp me? Thank you!
[Deleted]
Is there any benefit to counting bars like this: for(i = limit; i >= 1; i--) or this for(i = 0; i <= limit; i++) ? Should I have all of my indicators counting bars the same way? If so, how do I convert it from counting bars using one method to the other? Thanks in advance.
[Deleted]
I am new to the forum and to MQL. I have a system that I would like to translate to an expert advisor. This is logic of the system: Trading is based upon average daily range and price movement; not indicators. The initial trade will take place at the beginning of the European session, between 0600...
[Deleted]
Hello, As a relative new user, i just won't to follow two different Forex-pairs (EUR/USD - USD/JPY) These two charts are set with my own chosen indicators... When i close the programm, and re-open it the next day, i have to deal with ALL the symbols in the programm...! All these charts are re-opend,...
I got the following result using one of the EA's on this site by adjusting some of the parameters and adding increasing lots as the equity increased. Is this possible or is this just a flaw with stradegy tester
[Deleted]
Hi, everyone :) I need to read data from different charts in an ea. I'm talking about the same currency pair, but different time intervals and the information, that will be important, will be the high, low, open and close of different bars, differently long. Can you give me any idea of how this can...
[Deleted]
is there an easy way to create a EA from a custom indicator? My Meta 4 editor doesnt' have the EA icon to create the EA MIke