MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1569

API?  (4)
As I understood MT uses only MQL2 for programming & doesn't provide any APIfor programming in any other language (I'm interested in C#)?
[Deleted]
Forex system. This is a set of instructions prescribing open and close trading positions based on the results of technical analysis. Commercial systems can get rid of the randomness in the sales process. Follow the system will exclude emotions from trading. Therefore, anything that requires a...
How to append to an existing file? I search the documentation's file functions and find that the FILEOPEN only have modes of FILE_READ and FILE_WRITE. If I want to append some data to an existing file, what can I do?
I notice that selecting from the menu "Insert - Indicators - Custom", my custom indicator list is not updated compared to what I see in the editor and it is getting bigger and bigger even indicators are deleted and refreshed in the editor. How can I update/refresh the list in the menu? Thanks for...
[Deleted]
hi friends pleas tel me how can i lern to automated trading
[Deleted]
I am very perplexed as to why #1 Meta quotes would limit the buffers to 8 rather than 16 or 32.... it's the 21st century and we have the memory now.... secondly I have tried my darnedest to try to emulate the trend indicator "Bollinger Bands" use of levels. Through the levels one can resolve double...
Why isn't the volumes indicator available to call in MetaEditor technical indicators? I realise I can use ivolume to get the values but I wish to have it displayed on a backtest chart as a histogram and extract buys v's sells info. Am I supposed to write it myself and re-invent the wheel? Any help...
[Deleted]
Hi Guys, I am just learning about forex and I don't understand exactly what MQL4 is. I also looked on a forex trading education website called ForexFace, which friends recommended to me. Anyone heard of it. I would be glad to get an explanation about MQL4. Thanks
To be frank enough, Metaquote has began a long journey, but at the present stage, EA Development cogently need a more strong handy interface to bridge bottlenecks and/or shortcomings of MT4 ticks data and MQL4 Development processes of EA codings. Isn't it dear co-developers?
  Going Live  (9)
Hi, I am a newbie, and have prepared my EA. Now I want to go live. Can anybody let me know whats the procedure. I amy go with FXCM. What setups are needed on MT4 to allow my EA take control over Live trades. For mini trades, what should be the lot size fixed on my EA. Some borkers do ont allow 0.1
[Deleted]
Hello, I wish to have an alarm indicating when a Doji Star has been created. Is this possible? Thanks, Fred
New MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 217 has been released. What’s new: MQL4: Fixed a compiler error that caused crash in Microsoft Windows Server 2008 operating system.MQL4: Fixed an error in the FileReadArray() function. When reading array lines, the number of read lines is returned now.MQL4:...
Hi!! I have some questions about optimization process. This is my case, I have to optimize two parameters: Period: 1 unit steps Sensibility: 0.001 steps. Currently I run optimization test for the two parameters at the same time in this way: Period: Start 1, End 41, Steps: 1 Sensibility: Start 1,...
what function is used to terminate the trades below a certain equity level. Say I want to stop out of the trading once my total account valuy drops below N during a trade. I know the quity function, but it is useful only at the time of opening a new position. I need something to be controlled...
[Deleted]
I have created the the following code and placed it in the library folder, as well as the experst folder.  I also renamed it MyLib.mqh,  and I also renamed the ex4 resulting from compiling MyLib.mqh. : //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|MyLib.mq4...
[Deleted]
Can I use the same magic number on a bunch of concurrently open trades?  I would like to test a few startegies at the same time on the same account, and I would like to be able to use the same magic number on all trades executed by startegy 1, so that, when they close, I know which startegy to...
Hi there, I need help on this. I want my custom indicator to be tick independent and run every 10 sec. I looked at the forums and tried : int start() { while( !IsStopped() ) { WindowRedraw(); Sleep(10000); // my code } return(0); } And also tried: int init() { while(...
[Deleted]
Hello, I have an indicator that makes alerts (signals) in metatrader. I need a script that can place the trade that the indicator has given an alert, in the direction with a stop loss and take profit that can be set in before, any ideas what/who and if this can be done? Thank you!
[Deleted]
HELLO PROS, IM A NEW BIES AFTER STUDIES HOW TO USED EA AND HOW TO TEST IT, I DOWNLOAD SOME EA FROM THE ONLINE LIBERARY AND ATTACHED IN MY CHART BUT IT DOES NOT WORK, WHAT HAPPEN, DO WE HAVE SPECIAL EA FOR SPECIAL CHART OR WHEN SOMEONE CREATE AN EA ITS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR DO WE HAVE SOME EAs
[Deleted]
Placing the curser on the currency line (Point) a small window appears showing open, high, low, close and VOLUME. On the M5 chart I sometimes see VOLUME 145? Does this mean 145 lots traded during the line segment? Is this representative on the entire Forex, or just a small percentage? What is...
[Deleted]
We know we can create a trend line on the screen. But, is it an object that stays on the same position as it was placed. But, can we take a indicator like CCI or Stochastics and have them move and give them responsiblities like open and closing trades?
What will you tell about a demo the account? Increase in depot in 330 times for 2 hours!!! Working Orders:TicketOpen TimeTypeLotsItemPriceS / LT / PMarket PriceNo transactionsSummary:Deposit/Withdrawal:0.00Credit Facility:0.00Closed Trade P/L:3 393 973.85Floating P/L:0.00Margin:0.00Balance:3 403 973...
I want to call osMA indicator in my EA. Can anybody help me what changes I need to make to my EA to call a signal from osMA
Hi, I have programmed my day trading strategy, but I want it to run only in the daily trend direction. Is there any EA available which can help me find the dialy trend direction????
[Deleted]
  Erratic Behavior  (3)
Why a Expert Strategy has behavior in Strategy Tester and another in practice? In my account demo, I have done testing (past date period), with a result, then to apply in the account demo, not behaves just like. Thk.
Can anybody give me advice how I can allocate the second bar after midnight. For example in a 4 hour chart the chart that opens at 4:00. Thank you,
Stringo states that divide by zero stops EA... I cannot get this to happen. . ref: 'How to terminate an EA after it's done its job?' stringo 2008.06.17 11:16 Divide by zero in the EA stops your EA permanently. See https://docs.mql4.com/runtime/errors . 2008.06.27 20:26:24 divideByZero GBPUSD,H1:...
Hello folks! I've written a pretty complicated EA which makes a large use of arrays and I have some troubles to get things right. It seems like the program skips execution of some lines or mess up operations... yep, kind of strange and that's why I'm writing here. I've been programing forever in C,...
[Deleted]
Hello Friends, I am trying to trade based on Correlation between Pairs and Commodoties. I would like to know if it is possible to have two Charts on the same window. I tried searching on the forum but couldn't anything. Google wasn't much help either. Can someone please...
[Deleted]
How do you store/capture a value, such as volume, after an event, such as ALERT, so that you can compare the next value to the last? int start() { int x,k; static int y; for (;;) { k=1; x=Volume[0]; Alert ("Minute ",Minute()," Vol ",x," ",y); y=x; if (k<10) k++; } //----...