Numerous Issues with MT

I am using FxPro MetaTrader, and facing the following issues:

1- MT is consuming over 350 MB of the memory. Strange ?????.

2- If I open up MetaEditor and modify the EA, it gives me "Access Denied" error as I try to compile the EA.

3- While backtesting the EAs, it stops after a few trades automatically, while the account still bears margin, and historical data is also availale.

Can somebody help me troubleshoot the issues.

ckm

1. Not necessarily... depends on number of charts, number of bars, memory usage of indicators.... Change profile, delete all charts, maybe restart MT4. Base Mem usage should be 20-30 meg.

2. XP or Vista?

3. What does the journal have to say?

1- I remember to load 1M and 1H historical data for eurusd since 2000. Don't know if that causes such high consumption of mem. What do I need to fix???? I also loaded AutoPilot, but that doesn't seem to be the culprit of high mem usage. Please advise what can I do if the historical data is teh culprit.

2- I have two machines one with xp and other vista. both give me the access denied error.

3- journal doesn't say me anything. It just stops instantly. Sometime the last trade closes with the message "Close at stop", which means that something is causing the EA to terminate. Thought it to be historical data issue, but its available, and account still holds enough margin.

1- I remember to load 1M and 1H historical data for eurusd since 2000

...Ok, 8 years at 1m timeframe = 8 * 260 * 24 * 60 = about 3 million bars.

...Simple Price array for that Open High Close Low Time Volume = maybe 48 bytes * 3million = 144,000,000

...Add indicator bufferers and "other".

...Your 350mb sounds not unreasonable for one chart if all bars are displayed.

2- If I open up MetaEditor and modify the EA, it gives me "Access Denied" error as I try to compile the EA.

...No idea

3- journal doesn't say me anything

...Doesn't tell me anything either.

Reason: