Championship. Rules. clause III.6.6 is unclear :-) - page 2

Oppa!!! Yeah, that's a hell of a way to go for Boo :( I'm sorry Yeah!

xrust писал (а) >>

Oppa!!! Yeah, that means you won't be able to have any fun :( I'm sorry yeah!

>> But there's 1 or 2 less grails on the profits...

what if it is exactly "0" ?

Renat писал (а) >>

"Conscious" for the case that the trades are exactly logical and not sham. For example, you can stupidly open and close 5 trades with a minimum lot for the sake of the rule. In our case such trades will be considered as sham.

Just open and close 5 deals with minimal lots for the sake of respecting the rule - there is no sense in doing it, and there is no logic in participating in the championship for the sake of respecting this point. But what are the criteria/clear definitions of "consciousness", logic and non-competence of deals? If possible, with a logical reasoning (to "no", as they say, but right - interesting things you say, Renat), because this clause can essentially fit any transaction. No specifics == we can interpret it any way we want.

alexx_v писал (а) >>

It makes no sense to open and close 5 deals with minimal lots in order to obey the rule, and there is no sense to participate in the championship for the sake of fulfilling this point.

There is logic in it for those who want to be a prize winner at random. Let me explain:

1. you open / close 5 transactions with a minimum 0.1 lot on the Jew - you lose $10. Terms on the minimum number of trades have been observed.

2) You open on half deposit, or even all of it in any direction and with some non-zero probability.

you could be one of the leaders by the end of the tournament.

Apparently, this point is designed against such tricks. Very logical.

xrust писал (а) >>

Oppa!!! Yeah, that means you can't indulge in Boo :(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also not indulging in the following tactic !

open - put in BUTTON - wait until blue in the face !

( in 2007 was such an expert has opened on Canadian 3 positions to sell!

and weighed half of the Championship with huge equity!

then the canadian bounced back and the 1st place expert bounced back as well

( this kind of trickery is a good chance to win the Luck )

had not bounced the canadian! winner, would have been forcibly closed on 25.12.2007 with a huge profit

---

disqualification will surely await such experts this year

I have another interesting question for the organisers regarding the testing of EAs to see if they work.

Does it mean that organizers know in advance who the future leaders will be?

Is it possible to find out who has the largest profits, expected payoffs, drawdowns, etc. in tests? ?

By the way, there is one more question. Has this very check of EAs before the Championship of the previous and the year before last coincided with the Championship results (at least the top ten)? In principle, I understand that it's silly to give the first places only on the basis of EA's tests and they should be checked outside the optimization period, but still... Are there any coincidences and which Expert Advisors of the previous competition?

sergeev писал (а) >> Does it mean that, in principle, the organizers already know in advance the future leaders?

Well, that's probably too much. No one knows anything ( sashken seems to be doing fine on the test). The real purpose of the test is not to predict the three months of the championship, but to check the EA's compliance with the rules.

sergeev писал (а) >>

I have another interesting question for the organisers regarding the testing of EAs to see if they work.

Does it mean that organizers know in advance who the future leaders will be?

Is it possible to find out who has the largest profits, expected payoffs, drawdowns, etc. in tests? ?

By the way, there is one more question. Has this very check of EAs before the Championship of the previous and the year before last coincided with the Championship results (at least the top ten)? In principle, I understand that it's silly to give the first places only on the basis of EA's tests and they should be checked outside the optimization period, but still... Are there any matches and which Expert Advisors of the previous Championship had them?

i had 60k in tests for the period 01.01.2007 - 19.09.2007

out of sample the balance of the championship was 35k

but i had a clear target of 30k profit in 3 months and didn't want to squeeze out more

--

literally in october i got a release of 160k 01 01 2007 - 19.09.2007

and 60k out of sample for the championship period - i.e. 2nd place!

---

perhaps the organisers, given their experience, see those who have a better chance

YuraZ писал (а) >>

literally in october I received a release of 160k on 01/01/2007 - 19/09/2007

and 60k out of sample for the championship period - i.e. 2nd place!

Basically, it's just a matter of guessing with what parameters TC will perform better during the championship period as I have no idea how to calculate this. That's the difficulty of the championship. >> Your Grace, Lady Luck!

Reason: