Championship. Rules. clause III.6.6 is unclear :-) - page 5

In principle, the organisers have done it in the simplest, but harshest way possible. The most honest and unbiased criterion, in my opinion, can be only one indicator - the ratio of profit in each deal divided by the risk in this deal, which can be taken as a margin deposit, which will vary depending on the lot. and then, analysing the average value of this indicator, we can calculate all the pips and find out many other interesting things.

Gans-deGlucker писал (а) >> ratio of profit in each trade divided by the risk in that trade, which can be taken as a margin deposit

That's clearly not the criterion for a piper.

Just add a loss on the spread + 1 point.

I don't have a trailing edge. What should I do? Do I have to make it up on purpose to comply with the rules?

Mathemat писал (а) >>
This is clearly not the criterion of a pip trader.

What about the ratio of total broker's profit to total trader's profit?

Vita писал (а) >>

What about the ratio of total broker profit to total trader profit?

Heh heh heh... That's obviously classified info.

Mathemat писал (а) >>

Heh heh heh... This is obviously classified information.

Yeah no, by profit of a broker you don't mean profit from clearing, but trivial lots multiplied by the spread and yes by the price of a pip, i.e. only the portion that the broker can earn on the spread.

I hear you, Vita. Here the broker still has to separate the trader's profitable trades from unprofitable ones. The bottom line is this: if the broker's total profit made on the trader's profitable trades turns out to be more than, say, 50% of the trader's gross profit, then we can assume that the trader is a pipser. But this is roughly the same as my first option ("the share of gross profit brought to the trader by pipsing must not exceed 50% of gross profit").

Mathemat писал (а) >>

This is clearly not the criterion of a pipser.

I don't have a trailing arm. What am I supposed to do? Do I have to make one up on purpose to satisfy the Rules?

1. When the trades become at least more than 10 - that's a fine criterion for a pipser in the end. I tell it because I have performed such calculations for all Expert Advisors of the previous Championship. winwin2007 was almost at the very bottom by the results. Although his overall result is 13th.

2. Yes, you have to make up break-even (not necessarily trailing), because those are the Rules and if your Expert Advisor can fall under that Rule. Agree that inserting a piece of code that commits it is not very difficult. For a programmer. :)

Mathemat писал (а) >>
I see your point, Vita. Here the broker still has to separate profitable trades of the trader from unprofitable ones. The bottom line is this: if the broker's total profit made on the trader's profitable trades is more than, say, 50% of the trader's gross profit, then it can be considered that the trader is a pipser. But this is roughly the same as my first option ("the share of gross profit brought to the trader by pipsing must not exceed 50% of gross profit").

I see a significant difference. As you yourself pointed out, comparing broker and trader profits can give a definition of a pipser/non-pipser. Your first option contains the concept of "pipsitter", which still needs to be defined before deciding whether or not a trader's profit is made by pipsing.

I think the rule is strict, but correct. If you want to break-even, put "-1" or "SPRED+1".

And most importantly - it's simple!

Gans-deGlucker, yes, I was hasty. Let's think together about what "the ratio of profit in each trade divided by the risk in that trade, which can be taken as a margin deposit".

Прибыль в сделке = лот * прибыль в пипсах * константа1

Маржинальный залог = лот * константа2

We divide by each other and we get it:

Прибыль в сделке / Маржинальный залог = прибыль в пипсах * константа3

I.e. in fact we analyse the profit in pips. Cut off loss-making trades (the fight was started exactly because of a profitable one!) and get another criterion, which I suggested earlier: expectation of a profitable trade must be larger than the spread. Of course, if we count it in points.

But you also objected to this criterion one page earlier: "but if deals of 2 points are executed with 5 lots, and deals of 20 points are executed with 0.1 lot. then how?

OK, if we can't decide which criterion is better, we can also combine them with an AND operation.

2 Vita: the notion of a pips trade is clearly defined by MQ in the Rules: it is a profit trade with a result of less than the spread.

2 autoforex: I don't want to put "breakeven" in my system, as this feature complicates it and, generally speaking, breaks it.

Reason: