MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1547

I noticed that if you declare similar to the following line in your program datetime Compile = D''; You get the following warning message at the time of compilation '' - date literal string is incomplete However, the value is correctly assigned to the variable (which is today's date). I suggest...
What does "error sell opening 4109" mean? Thanks.
[Deleted]
Hello, here is a simple EA I wrote working along a custom indicator I also wrote. EA double Lots;//double UBand, MBand, LBand; double SMASlope; int init()  {    return(0);  }  int deinit()  {//----   //----   return(0);  }  int start()  {  //----   Lots = (MathCeil((AccountBalance()/500))/10);//...
I am using FxPro MetaTrader, and facing the following issues: 1- MT is consuming over 350 MB of the memory. Strange ?????. 2- If I open up MetaEditor and modify the EA, it gives me "Access Denied" error as I try to compile the EA. 3- While backtesting the EAs, it stops after a few trades...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2008,an article Testing and Optimizing Expert Advisors has been published. Testing and optimizing Expert Advisors before using them in real trades is of great importance. This is not a secret for anybody. However, by no means all can test and...
For example, there is a double array as below: double PriceHighList[100],which contains 100 elements. Now,I want to transfer the data in this array to a file named PriceHighList.csv,and the date should be saved as one element per line in CSV file. Which function should be used ? Is there anyone give...
[Deleted]
Attached a Trend Follower Indicator. I would like to use it as an Advisor. Also attached an EA written from that indicator but it won't work. How can it be fixed? thanks Tamir58
[Deleted]
Could anybody tell me how to calculate a 15 day high. Do I use an array and then if-then-else-statements ? Like, If high[1]>high[0] then high[1] else ect....... Thanks in advance for the answer.,
[Deleted]
I need to have 2 indicators for tests: 1) an MACD of 2 HMA's 2) an MA Angle or Force Index of 2 HMA's If anyone knows how I may have these created, it would be appreciated.
[Deleted]
Hello guys, I recorded a macro file to send me a message via Skype when a signal occurs. But I have a problem with launching the macro file from my EA. How about this: if(LongSignal) FileOpen("MyMacroFile.msd",FILE_READ); Is this the right way to launch the file? Please help. Thanks.
Hi all, I am intending to trade with FXDD. any positive/negative recommendation to know if MT perform stable with FXDD. ckm
[Deleted]
I have iTime in an infinite loop and monitor new bar using iTime() but for 1 minute bars, it does not update every minute. I tried to use RefreshRates(); inside the loop but it did not help. Here is the code while(true){ datetime TF_Time = iTime(NULL,1,0); Sleep(60*1000); } TF_Time...
duoble yon=icustom(...." TL_by_Demark_v6.mq4"....); if yon>0 Alert("SELL"); if yon<0 Alert("buy");
I need to be able to check if an array is set, or if it is empty. Doesn't really matter if it returns a boolean or errorcode or whatever. Anyone who knows a command to do this? Or have another solution to go around this problem? All answers are apprecicated. Best Regards, Johan
[Deleted]
hello everyone, if I have been draw a pitchfork and I want to get the value for the extend mid trend with a specified point to start draw another trend or 2nd pitchfork, how could I code that? for example: this point will be at 00:00 time as shown in the pic. i tried ObjectGet( "Pitchfork",...
Hi @ all, i spent a lot of time in programming an EA, which is lukily working very well most of time. But during trying to make it better i found the following problem for e.g.: The EA has 3 Open Buy Orders with MagicNumber 1 then it is opening an position in opposite direction with MN 2 Next it...
New article What about Hedging Daily? is published: A trading strategy using hedging system created for trading the intra-day style of GBPJPY / EURJPY and for daily trading. Author: chayutra sriboonruang
Hi If I want to draw a horizontal line from say bar[1] to bar[-100] previous bar forward 101 bars what is the best way to specifiy the forward time in the call to createobject? Thanks Paul
  Demarklines EA  (2)
Can sombody help with this EA please. this has done according to demark trend line theory.it don't place any trades.and i can't even back test it. looking for a helping hand fix the error. thank you in advance
HI I have an indicator that I want to convert it to an EA pls email me your email address, my email at kwng111@myway.com so I can email you the indicator source code. Thank you in advance. K.W.Ng
Hi all senior member.... I'm realy new in MQ4 programming but I have php background. I like to learn more about MQ4 coding. There are some question in my head about MQ4 coding for creating an EA: 1. if I use D1 TF, How can I detect the closing/opening price ? 2. How can I order the BUY/SELL STOP...
What I want to do is have an indicator update every X seconds and not wait for ticks at all. I have an indicator that writes to memory every time the price changes . I want to have another indicator read memory every X seconds and display the value. while ( true ) { elapsed = TimeLocal () - tTime ;
[Deleted]
i have the following code on the main part of an EA:    double pADX = iADX(NULL, 0, 5, MODE_CLOSE, MODE_MAIN, -1);   double ADX = iADX(NULL, 0, 5, MODE_CLOSE, MODE_MAIN, 0);      double pPDI = iADX(NULL, 0, 5, MODE_CLOSE, MODE_PLUSDI, -1);   double PDI = iADX(NULL, 0, 5, MODE_CLOSE, MODE_PLUSDI,...
[Deleted]
hi i am newbie trying to understand ins and outs of this and any help will be appreciated!! my current indicator has the following code for generating alerts, butthis alert lasts for only one beep, is there any way i can make it tobeep for 30 or 60 sec or atleast bit longer than 1 beep if (setalert...
Our company is looking to purchase resell rights to an EA (either pre-existing or a collaberative design) Please respond if you are interested
[Deleted]
I have come across a new number based system which I believe could be extremely interesting in solving price time dynamics. I require the help of a math/programmer to develop this further. If anyone is interested then leave your contact details for an intial discussion.
  ADX Smoothed  (1)
Dear Coders, unfortunately i`m not be proficient in MetaTrader programming language, so i need a little your help, please. I am using this ADX Smoothed coded by ROSH and I would like to add a pop up alert when the lines cross ( lines DarkBlue and FireBrick ) and the DarkGreen's line above 25....
[Deleted]
I am working on an EA that automatically opens a buy when a sell is closed out and vice versa.  So, no need for an object to be placed on a chart to show when a trade is closed.  The order's are closed via stop order, and I don't see any place to add a NULL to the OrderSend function to stop this....
It happens when my EA loads, the log shows: 10:21:18 MYEA EURUSD,H1: loaded successfully 10:23:43 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (volume limit 1138 at 2008.08.08 14:00 exceeded) 10:23:43 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (volume limit 1138 at 2008.08.08 14:00 exceeded) 10:23:43 TestGenerator:...