What does SetIndexDrawBegin do??? Please comment.

Attached below is a rather typical MACD indicator that works just fine.

My problem is that I have commented out a line of code using SetIndexDrawBegin because it doesn't seem to do anything.

I've used small numbers (like 3) and larger numbers (like 27) and cannot notice any effect.

So, why would I want to use it?

[Yes, I've read other explanations and don't understand -- especially since changing the value doesn't seem to modify what the indicator displays. Can you explain this in some simple way? Thank you very much.]

Files:
testrmacd.mq4  3 kb

chaffinsjc wrote >>

Attached below is a rather typical MACD indicator that works just fine.

My problem is that I have commented out a line of code using SetIndexDrawBegin because it doesn't seem to do anything.

I've used small numbers (like 3) and larger numbers (like 27) and cannot notice any effect.

So, why would I want to use it?

[Yes, I've read other explanations and don't understand -- especially since changing the value doesn't seem to modify what the indicator displays. Can you explain this in some simple way? Thank you very much.]

IS THERE ANYBODY THERE? Please, try this and change the number a few times. It doesn't seem to do anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

just 4 fun, put SetIndexDrawBegin() on buffer 3 also.

Try ths and then when see, start making numbers different..

c wat happens? where left end start plot from changes

SetIndexBuffer(2, bufBlueBar);     //Blue histogram, indicator_color3
   SetIndexStyle(2, DRAW_HISTOGRAM);
   SetIndexLabel(2, "MACD Blue"); 
   SetIndexDrawBegin(2, Bars-20/*27*/); //27 = ??? WHAT IS THIS??? Changing the number (large or small)
                               // seems to make no difference.

SetIndexBuffer(3, bufRedBar);      //Red histogram, indicator_color4
   SetIndexStyle(3, DRAW_HISTOGRAM);
   SetIndexLabel(3, "MACD Red"); 
   SetIndexDrawBegin(3, Bars-10/*27*/); //27 = ??? WHAT IS THIS??? Changing the number (large or small)

this may be interest and with read of these articles it make sense...

is all i can say, not really mess with indicators, but u right i guess, not big deal unless have reason to use - maybe indicator slow and u not want it blast through all bars on left so u limit it to maybe one charts worth viewing and so slow indicator does faster work...

i have seen vip slow indicators, cpu start sweating and all other terminal stuff go slower too...

just idea

Reason: