MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1368

Hello, I need some information about trendlines, or objects in metatrader in general. What can I do, to not make them vanish at the opening of the next bar? I need the objects stay there, no matter how many bars past I have drawn them. Any information is highly appreciated, thanks, Q
This just needs to be converted from VTTrader language, any takers?... It "reads" the market VERY well as you can see, following the trends. The VT platform had trouble with repainting bars and we would get what we called "Drift" in the settings, it would drift away from being profitable so the VT...
[Deleted]
I have an EA and there are several conditions for buy and sell. For simplicity lets call them buy1 and buy2 and forget the sell signals for now. When I run the EA, either in backtest or forward test, can I get the EA to distinguish between those trades relating to buy1 signals and those relating to...
[Deleted]
Hello, I need a course to make an expert advisor simple one. Farid
  EAs' files  (7)
It is the thread for the links to download EAs related files in this advanced elite section.
[Deleted]
hello,i hav an indicator which has been working for me for long. since i hav discovered that it is reliable,i need someone to develope an EXPERT ADVISOR that would be following this indicator.i love to share this with anyone who can help me out.
[Deleted]
I have built an indicator, call it S, and am trying to draw the path that it takes which should be similar to adding a moving average to a chart. The chart will be a 5 minute chart. I’ve tried the following but it doesn’t seem to work: ObjectCreate("Line",22,0,0,S);
[Deleted]
We were contacted for the possibility of applying our codeless and visual programming system (http://www.limnor.com/index.html?Doc=studio.html) to MetaTrader 4 for non-programmers to create their own trading systems with their own trading strategies. Do you think such a visual and codeless...
  Why bother?  (6)
Why bothering making an EA when there are plenty of profitable EA's in the codebase section? I was just wondering
[Deleted]
Is there anybody has a reliable method of Asian Stock Index? Badly need it, thanks.
[Deleted]
Can I run multiple instances of MetaTrader 4 on the same system? If so, how? I triedto but I couldn't. Thanks, Ed
[Deleted]
Hello, I'm not coder and i tried to code an indicator with success but i would like to use it as EA. The wining ratio is over 95 % (on the report...) trailing stop 30 take profit 30 and i'm loosing, please help me to figure out this: i can post the code if you want, it is based on the macd sample...
i need EA with the following open trade : buy or sell ----- at parameter close trade : with stop lose or trailing stop ----------at parameter if the tade is succeseful ok take profit 1 ------------at parameter if the trade lose number (x) of pips ( detrmined the number of pips at parameter) reverse...
I have come across this https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1467 The Article describes an approach to automated optimization. I'm currently experimenting with some strongly overfitting EAs and suspect they might be profitable for at least some short time. Is there any experience available with this...
[Deleted]
Hello everybody i would like to know if some one of you use metatrader in order to capture the market microstructure in orderto build some ea ? Do you have a specific econometric model in mind to suggest or simply a paper ??? Thanks and all the best UKALGO
GET THIS... Over the last week I've put some effort into a new EA - Targeting GBPUSD on M15. Ran it on my laptop in back test and got staggering results. I MEAN S..T..A..G..G..E..R..I..N..G.. I was so impressed that I decided to do some optimisation testing just for my own sanity's sake. I dug out...
[Deleted]
I am new to Meta Trader programming and am trying to use the Print statement to test out some things. I checked the expert logs, all I see there is the statement: "Experts are disabled because profile has been changed"; So I went to Tools->Options and under expert advisors tab, unchecked the...
  whats wrong  (6)
Hello when i like to modify the order the code runs multible in the ea if (Hour() == (Start1 - 2) && Minute() >= 0){ done = 0; // set done to 0 2 hours before } if (done == 0){ // if done is 0 modify order for (int...
Hi friends, At the outset, I want to thank one and all for being an continuoussource of information and inspiration. I hope to be of use to thecommunity some time. Until such time, I am a Net recipient ofinformation. Some specific questions about MT4 and trading in general. 1. Is it possible for...
[Deleted]
even if i test the "MACD sample" contained in MT4, the report just show every item is 0! i wonder if when the time is not trading time, for eg, Saturday,so the EA tester also don't work?
Please send PM with details and figures and of course the cost. K
[Deleted]
Gang, I have posted several times on the MQL5.com forum but it's a little like Paris Texas over there! I am getting some very wierd program flow behaviour in MT5 with a pivots indicator I ported over from MQL4. In essence the program flow is:- OnDeninit() - Clear_Levels() - returnOnInit()-...
[Deleted]
I am a newbie on EA programming but already have several years on c#. I try to create EA, when first time I run it on strategy tester it run quite fast. but later on it run very slow just to test 1 day data. I though I've added some complexity on the EA, so I tried to changed it back to original EA...
[Deleted]
Of course all credited goes to L.Bigger AKA Silence for creating this EA, but I tried to modify it but couldn't. Please tell me if in any way it is improper to post this. I want to modify the following: - Stop loss for any order is 50 pips. - Reduce lots taken by half. - Reduce orders from three to...
[Deleted]
is there a way to get MetaTrader on the new motorola droid phone??
[Deleted]
Hi, I a newbie in MQL4, and I need some help. How to send an order when an indicator change its color? I`ve studied about that but I`ve not found the information. I`d like to use the color of an indicator as an entrance parameter to create a condition to send an order. Could anyone help me, please
  Once again, about MQL localisation  (76   1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 8)
The topic has already been touched upon in passing . I'm talking about the possibility to write experts completely in Russian (or any other language) in MQL. Something like this: Логический Четный; Цикл ( целое НомерПозиции = 1; НомерПозиции <= ДлиннаБуфера; НомерПозиции++ ) { Если ( Остаток
[Deleted]
Hi folks, Is it possible to count how many bars after 2 MA's crossed and displayed in the main chart??.. Thanks
[Deleted]
How close is the backtesting to the reality? I backtested my EA on the strategy tester and found several entries shown in the report highly unlikely in real trading. My ea reentered the market as soon as it was closed, even in the same direction right after being closed by stop-loss. How can I...
Hello, I need some advice, I want to make an EA using this center of gravity indicator. I want to use it as a function so I could call it anywhere in my EA. I'm a newbiein programmer's world, and I find some difficulties in it. Please someone help me, thank you....