test with historical data as if live?

Is there any way I can have historical data appear on the screen as if it was happening in real time so that I can practice making decisions with real data. The unrolling would be adjustable in speed and if simulated orders could be placed then even better! I am particularly interested in practicing with Ichimoku

ronhud:
Is there any way I can have historical data appear on the screen as if it was happening in real time so that I can practice making decisions with real data. The unrolling would be adjustable in speed and if simulated orders could be placed then even better! I am particularly interested in practicing with Ichimoku

I've discovered that within strategy tester I can ignore the parameters except for visual mode and this will step through the data. I can drop the Ichimoku indicator on the screen - so far so good. If I click on 'new order' though the price shown is the real time current price, not the price being revealed on the unrolling 'visual mode'. Any suggestions please.

There are EA's that allow you to visually set orders/sl/tp Those would work.
If your trader comes with Quick Buy type scripts those might work during visual testing.
Write your own EA that opens a trade when an external variable is set non-zero and then sets it to zero. Right click/modify parameters to have it open.
https://www.forex-tsd.com/tools-utilities/1621-trading-simulators.html
Reason: