MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1260

I am coding an indicator based on moving averages I have extern int PERIOD = 5; if i run my indicator twice on the same chart and change the external input of one of them to 10 everything appears fine at first, it correctly positions 2 separate lines on the chart but as new bars appear the lines...
  Pitronic  (1)
Piptronic – GCI Financial Par ces quelques lignes, je tenais à faire part de mon expérience faite sur un compte géré par GCI Financial au moyen de l’expert advisor Piptronic. En l’espace de 3 semaines le montant de mon compte a été divisé par 2. Pourquoi ? l’EA prend 3, 4 ou 5 positions en même
[Deleted]
I am currently trading with multiple tabs, as many as 12 tabs at a time, and I occasionally faced the issue of the MT4 crashing. The nature of the crash is such that after I restart MT4, it will work again until the next crash occurs. The frequency of the crash is rather random. At times, the...
I posted a message and asked for help on creating a code to calculate up to 30 days and then send an alert saying " 30 days is calculated". After no one here was able to help me I managed to solve the problem my self. The code is below: static int counter=0;int newday=Day();int oldday=newday-1;if...
i would like to research a new idea, at least new for me. Is it possible to create an indicator or an EA that will draw a horizontal line for every candle's low price? Example: lets say i have (3) candles, first candle low price of 1.2934, second candle low price of 1.2874, and third candle low...
[Deleted]
  iMOnArray  (7)
Dear all I've started my first EXPERT in MQL4 2 weeks ago. I decided to use iMAOnArray in my program but when i use output of this function, it's equal zero(0) and i put a Comment with value of this function but i saw it zero(0), But when i plot it in a Buffer in an Indicator it's not equal zero. i...
HI! Can anyone explain Step By Step how set diferent predefined volumes in all accounts in Multiterminal Platform? When o click in box i write the manual lots but when get out from that box it put lots to Zero!!! What iam doing wrong?
[Deleted]
Good morning, I need help in   int BarOpenTime;    BarOpenTime=TimeCurrent(); turning BarOpenTime into double value for next tests. Can somebody please help me. Thanks a lot.
I have create a EA that only trade one "Buy" or "Sell" at 1 currency, therefore...... i need to trace a ticket where same to currency that attached. I got the magic number.... but how to get the ticket with the magic number and cut off the trade?
[Deleted]
Howdy everyone, I've recent started writing my own ea and am running into an error when backtesting my set SL to BE code. The error is intermitent and seemably totally random to where on the compile it sometimes will happen a handful of times, other times its every 5-6 trades it does it. I'm...
Hi, After manually closing a trade what will happen? Will it go to init(), or start(), will it go to deinit() ?
If i want a indicator in a EA to read frome the higher timeframe how do i code that? if (iCustom(NULL, 0, "TriggerLinesAlert", 1, 15, 3, 5, 5)
[Deleted]
MT4 can calculate square? I can not. EX Print("square=",10^2);
[Deleted]
Hey guys, I have a mt4 ea which i built from the EA builder at sufx.core.t3-ism.net The EA is running as it should on EUR/USD pair, and i have put a magic number on it in settings (1379) i have also been doing some manual trading on the same account whether it is from the same PC, or another with...
[Deleted]
Someone can modify the attached indicator so it will display pivot points based on weekly candle instead of daily candle? Help will be much appreciated
[Deleted]
dear all friends i realy need output of this function to use in my expert but it just returns zero to me. How can i use this function in expert? if i can't use it which function and how can be use instead of this one? best regards to all
Hi, I made a script which uses Open[i] and now I want to replace with iOpen(symbol,period,i) but it returns 0. I don't understand the help which says: If local history is empty (not loaded), function returns 0. what does it mean ? Thanks.
[Deleted]
Hi. I am new to MQL4. I wish to debug/test using Print statement. But for the life of me, I cannot discover where the print statement is actually printed? I went to terminal and then to Experts tab and the log doesn't show any Print statements(I printed Hello world). Where can I find the output of...
[Deleted]
I wrote an EA that works well on FXDD and FXDD Malta. On a FXCM I get the error#130 - invalid stop loss. On FXDD I use ext int =99 and on FXDD Malta I use ext int = 999 and they both work fine. Any ideas??? charlieam99
Did someone see my question here ? https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/128278 Thanks.
My position size and pip value calculation works fine on FOREX pairs, including JPY pairs, but on the metals it all goes wrong. Comment( MarketInfo("XAUUSD",MODE_TICKVALUE) ); gives me 5 which is wrong since I have a GBP account. I am expecting something like 6.422 since GBPUSD is currently 1.5569 I
[Deleted]
  Alert() question  (5)
I added this alert to a code. I'd like to get only one alert when a line reach an other line. But when lines meet I get alert every price moving. How can I avoid this? if (n_max==ExtMapBuffer0[cnt]) Alert("Open_Sell: ",Symbol()," M",Period()); Thx
Hi! I have a problem with DeleteOrder function. My EA places series of 18 pending orders and assigns order ticket numbers to the array. Program should delete them later on when it decides that they are in a wrong place, and put new ones in a valid place. The problem is that new orders are placed but...
Is there an mql4 command to parallelize execution of for loops (or do while, or anything else for that matter)? Say i have a 6 core machine and I want to run 1 million histories in each core, and then combine the statistics afterwards. How do I go about specifying which core to run each for loop in...
[Deleted]
When launching software   There has been a critical error Time : 2010.08.30 09:36 Program : Client Terminal Version : 4.00 (build: 221, 05 Mar 2009) OS : Windows Vista Professional 6.1 (Build 7600) Processors : 2 x X86 (level 6) Memory : 4193400/2451872 kb Exception...
I am trying to creat an EA that opens two pending trades one sellstop at the low of 4H Candle, and the other a buyStop at the high of the same 4H Candle, and those two pending trades must have to be expired if they have not reached the goal before the next coming 4H Candle. //|...
Hello. You can download a version of multi-currency indicator https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/9885 This is an extended multi-currency version of the Market Way indicator https://www.mql5.com/en/code/9574 Good luck and profits.
[Deleted]
I have developed a strategy but dont know how to develop an EA. Can any good programmer deveop an EA for me. i can mail the complete strategy to him. my email id is : amangoyal01@yahoo.com
http://eesfx.com/wiki/docs:frameworkA framework for writing strategy manuals & documentation isneeded. Having a standard for documentation of FX strategies will help documentwriters, by providing an easy to use template, which will increaseorganization. It will help users understand documents as...
Hi, what do I have to change, if I get the ERR_CANNOT_OPEN_FILE Error, when I want to open a csv-File in the C:\Program Files\MetaTrader - Alpari_Demo\experts\files - folder?? Thank you!