Downloaded scripts do not trade. Help.

Have downloaded several scripts for multiple order entries. I placed the scripts in the expert/scripts and can drap them onto a chart where I put in lots and take profit and when I hit ok it says in the trade journal that the script has been removed. I checked with expert/option and DLL function is on. I have tried this on a live and demo account with seperate brokers and get the same results. Is there some step in the downloading or changing the mq4 to an exe. that I am unaware of or anything else I'm not turning off or on.

A script is a one time run (loops not withstanding).... it will load and then remove itself when it's complete. It will be the code where the problem lies.... perhaps put some prints or error reporting in your script to get a better idea of what happened when you ran it.

hth

V

Viffer:

A script is a one time run (loops not withstanding).... it will load and then remove itself when it's complete. It will be the code where the problem lies.... perhaps put some prints or error reporting in your script to get a better idea of what happened when you ran it.

hth

V

Thanks for responding. I get no error messages at any time. I get the trade window put in my parameters and hit ok. It just goes away after that. I have several scripts from different sources and the outcome is the same. I was wondering if there is something in mt4 that needs corrected. These scripts work for other people but not for me. After reading mt4 it appears you have to make the mq4 a exe. file and I tried to save the script and compile it but have hit a dead end. If you have any other suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for responding

donallen8:

Thanks for responding. I get no error messages at any time. I get the trade window put in my parameters and hit ok. It just goes away after that. I have several scripts from different sources and the outcome is the same. I was wondering if there is something in mt4 that needs corrected. These scripts work for other people but not for me. After reading mt4 it appears you have to make the mq4 a exe. file and I tried to save the script and compile it but have hit a dead end. If you have any other suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for responding

Goodevening,

Have you fund what the problem is ? If so,maybe you can help me, because I have the same problem. It is not possible to use scripts by placing orders on my live account. Thanks in advance for responding.

Reason: