MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1259

[Deleted]
Is it possible to open a new window e.g. EURUSD with mql4 language? Is there any function like WindowOpen(string symbol). Haven't found any. Anyone have an idea? Also, I'm looking for a way to get all tradable securities for current broker? Thanks Martin
[Deleted]
I have just written my first simple EA. There is only the Start() special function in there without init() and deinit(). My questions are on the flow of EA execution after I switch profile and back again to the original profile. This is not exactly my program but I would like to highlight the...
[Deleted]
Can anyone please help me, how I can improve this code as it is not finished. Many thanks //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| Take-profit.mq4 |//| Copyright © 2010, Christopher |//+------------------------------------------------------------------+#property...
[Deleted]
Hello, How can I incorporate an order to my system that just in case we have had a losing trade during one day wait until the next day to trade again. Regards
[Deleted]
Hey there. I was wondering if anyone knows how to get an EA to write each and every tick price to a text file (Easy). But I would also like it to write to the text file exactly how many seconds the tick remained in that position before changing to the next (Tricky ?). Thanks a lot !
[Deleted]
hello, with my trallingstop i get so much order modify error 1 printed that my log file after a long backtest become very big, is it possible to say metatrader dont print that message everytime, because he do it automatic all time when it occur...or must I change the traillingstop code //----double...
  FileSeek issue  (4)
hi everyone if someone can explain to me if FileSeek(handle,100,SEEK_END); means to go forward 100 bytes or go back 100 bytes from the end of the file? if means go forward? is it FileSeek(handle,-100,SEEK_END); means to go back 100 bytes? if either of above how can i go back from the end X bytes...
[Deleted]
Hello. I've an EA which gets the current stop level with MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_STOPLEVEL). If I run these EA in backtests I got sometimes different stop levels from test to test. Sometimes it is 18 (which is normal, I think) and sometimes I got 300. If I wait a while it changes back to 18. I...
[Deleted]
I'm having trouble installing an EA or an indicator (i'm using a demo account on MT4). The steps I'm following in order to do this are: 1. Drop EA file into C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\experts 2. Close MT 3. Restart MT From what I've read, the EA or indication should just appear in my...
[Deleted]
how to do back testing? is it any goood?
[Deleted]
So have a fairly simple question but I've searched the forums and googled but can't seem to find the answer. When coding an indicator into an ea, how do you know the parameters to set? IE: ``For an ma you would do double ema=iMA(NULL,0,50,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0); so, symbol, timeframe,...
  SetIndexBuffer  (11   1 2)
I am using Swing Indicator as a code to my EA to place buy and sell orders, but running the back test I get the following error: SetIndexBuffer function must be called from custom indicator only........ Any clue on how to solve it.
[Deleted]
anyone know how to get the indexes on my market watch as well as forex ?
[Deleted]
  Need help on my EA  (12   1 2)
Hello, my EA runs on the Strategytester but not on the Demoaccount. Why??? Have someone an Idea??? Thanks. Andy
hi could any body plz add a function to write data(tick) from this indicator to an external file(csv)
i have a problem, every time when i push an order, if it hits my Stop Loss value example ... FOR BUY order.. if (Bid<=setted_loss_point){ push_close = OrderClose(enter_Ticket_number,OrderLots(),Bid,Slippage,Blue); } then i get a return profit_value = OrderProfit(); from the above close order....
How do i make a list TimePeriod=0; TimePeriod=1; TimePeriod=2 TimePeriod=3; TimePeriod=4; TimePeriod=5; TimePeriod=6; TimePeriod=7; 0=NULL 1=1 2=5 3=15 4=30 5=60 6=240 7 =1440
Hi Admin, When i subscribe to a topic i don't get any mails when someone reply. Can you please fix that for me. Thanks!
Based on this mql4.com article (here). I'm wondering does anyone else have another on.line source of gauging the Total number of Forex traders? IMO, Technical Indicators like RSI are good but flawed within Forex because of the discounted volume. I wanna know if everyone else at the table already...
[Deleted]
Hello everyone, After searching for 2 full days, I decided to ask here. What i need is to read more than one hst file and output a result in a new hst file (which will be open in offline charts). For example, read EURUSD and GBpUSD, divide their values (open1/open2; high1/high2 etc.) and output
As we know that we can return what we need from function. can anyone show me how to return 2 or more value from the function and pass it to out side function? Thanks.
[Deleted]
Hi Pros, We could only choose Daily or shorter periods at the strategy tester. Any method to test on the weekly data? Thanks
Hi, i wanted to close a trade when it hits certain level of bid price. when execute the close order, can i get the value of profit or loss when i close the order? How? i need help on this issue because i am trying to implement a bit of martingale strategies in my EA to cover my previous losing trade...
I need a counter to count 30 days and at the end of 30 days send an alert saying "30 days is counted". Please if you know the solution let me know. TIA
hi i wonder if we can make the main function of the EA, int start() faster than what it's now cose i have an EA for counting ticks.....but it some time lost some ticks and didnt record it hope i can find a solution the EA is attached...
[Deleted]
Hi everyone, I am playing with fibo channels and would like to make it look more friendly on the screen. Is there any way to display the vertical width of the channel (which should be the same number no matter what the slope of the channel is)? Is it possible to code this in MQL4 or MQL5? Many...
Situation: I run a collection of indicators that generate pricing values for 38 hlines this is currently being done across 10 pairs/EAs. As you can imagine, that is roughly 380 per new candle and it is really rough on the CPU. So what I am looking for is a way to obtain all this data, without...
Hi Guys, What is the best way to determine the trend? Looking at the 50, 100 or 200EMA? And if so how much should it angeling up/down before we can say it's a trend? Or are there other smarter ways to find out the trend? Thanks for your reply in advance.
[Deleted]
Can u give me the code? plss the script must check if no open position are present and will open a 0.01 (sell or buy it's the same) position with no sl or tp, if true. thank you
[Deleted]
  Old Tick  (2)
An EA does not trade in real time. Messages that the MT4 gives are attached. Have no idea what they mean. I need help please. Many thanks.