My next "masterpiece"

For some reason, I wanted to present to your sarcastic judgment the fruit of my next creative idleness. It is an advisor, which trades by the phases of the moon. I am well aware that I am unoriginal in this case. Many of you have probably encountered this idea on various forums, and some of you may have felt its real embodiment with your hands. Nevertheless, I too sometimes have an interest in the market as a natural phenomenon. All the more so because I only trust programmes that I have written myself. Although I only half-trust them. )))

Formally, the Expert Advisor works in the following way: it buys when the Moon is rising and sells when it is falling. Two factors are considered:

1) The fact that lunar day starts after about 18.00;

2) Expert Advisor has a built-in table of happy and unhappy days from some sort of Bruce's calendar, according to which positions are opened in the opposite direction.

In addition to the EA itself I suggest you to admire the indicator, which is attached separately. It is built into the code of the Expert Advisor, that is why it will not be called by the Expert Advisor.

I will also give you the esoteric rubbish on which this whole mess is built.

Files:

artikul писал(а) >>

Formally, the advisor operates as follows: on a rising moon it buys, on a waning moon it sells.

I want to know what is the connection between the moon and trading?

Richie >>:

Хочу узнать, а где связь между Луной и трейдингом?

I'd like to know that too )))) What unscientific questions you are asking ))))

1 parameter to be optimised is the number of open orders. I ran it from 2000 to 2010, the nature of equity has not changed. Probably, it can be used as a filter

There is an opinion that the moon has a certain influence on people and thus, indirectly, on trading. Therefore, there are some regularities in the Forex market associated with the lunar cycle, which the Expert Advisor has detected.

LeoV >>:

Есть мнение, что луна имеет некоторое влияние на людей и тем самым, опосредованно на торговлю. Соответсвенно существуют некие закономерности на Форексе связанные с лунным циклом, которые и выявил советник.

Then the sun must also be taken into account ))))

sanyooooook писал(а) >> then the sun must also be taken into account )))

Flashes in the sun have effects. But there is no cycle in them.

LeoV >>:

Вспышки на солнце имеют влияния. Но в них нет цикла.

I disagree, flashbacks may be chaotic, but there are other factors that can affect a person.

And again and again the sun's spots have risen,
And sober minds were darkened,
And the throne has fallen, and the famine of pestilence and the terrors of pestilence
The famine pestilence and the terrors of the plague.
And the shaft of the sea was in a shuddering boil,
And the nord sparkled and the whirlwinds moved,
And in the field of contestation were born
Fanatics, heroes, and executioners were born.
And life's countenance twitched and grimaced:
The compass was fluttering, the people were raging,
And over the earth and over the masses of men
The sun made its rightful course.
Oh, thou, who hast seen the sun's spots
With your glorious boldness
Thou didst not know how thy sorrows
And close to your sorrows, Galileo!

Alexander Chizhevsky

http://propher1.narod.ru/solar13.index.html

sanyooooook писал(а) >> I disagree, flashbacks may be chaotic, but there are other factors that can affect a person.

I haven't heard of any TCs related in any way to the sun. But TCs based on the phases of the moon do exist. I even experimented with the phases of the moon myself once - it makes money, but it is unstable.

What flares are out there. A star of staggering proportions with more influence on the Earth than the Moon. So, the Sun "doesn't work".

Reason: