MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1002

Hello freinds, I have a tecnical quastion: If I want to close an open trade, and I already know its: Ticket number, lot size and the correct price. Do I have to preceed the ORDERCLOSE() with ORDERSELECT()? Thank you all, Y.
[Deleted]
  Saving Charts  (1)
Hello, how can I quick save a chart without going through the londg winded on screen process? thank you
Hi All, I was converting tradestation indicator into MT4. While converting I have observed the OHLC data is plotting differently in MT4. For example, if the tradestation value is 1.21579 (EURUSD closing price) and the corresponding MT4 value is 1.21560. Anyone has ant idea about it. Thanks!! Antony
[Deleted]
Hi all, I enjoy calling iMA() function to calculate out some variable, like this: average = iMA(NULL,0,Periods,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0); But whenever my back test terminates, the SMA line automatically displays on the visual chart, although I don't have any drawing statements in my code.Please tell...
Hello guy, when i try to send an email throught the "Test Function" offered by Broker, i receive in my journal this message: Mail: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. ep14sm35300759wid.0 Mail: 'Test message' failed How can resolve?
HI, I am new to MT4. Today is my first day on this platform. I have found indicators i want to use but so far have not been able to get them on the platform. I have downloaded them into the correct folder. I have opened them and compiled them to make sure there are no errors. I get a note that says...
how do i fix this? My ea buys at bid and sells at ask. I guess its a bug. Makes quick cash on demo
[Deleted]
Macd55 01.07.2012 09:55 strangerr : Long term forecast for Euro, 1.4215, 1.6430, 1.1874 low will not be updated. This is my last post here on the topic of the branch, I will try not to touch the issue of trading in the future, let the brother Ishim carry on up and down on the minutes. Hello, The low
Hello together! If I want to test an EA with e.a. a StopLoss from 10 - 200 and a step of 10 together with a TakeProfit of 10 - 180 and a step of 10, I should get 360 results. So in the Strategietester You can see on the left below the expected result "360 / 1280 (360)", but in reality this program...
mt4 4.0 version 432: vertical line object create in seperate window (done in script), after switch to other timeframe chart, it will become invisible, even when the visualization setting is allow it show in all timeframes.
Hi I want to write an expert to monitor my positions. this is detail of m expert : if a position is opened/ closed/ TP or SL changed, I want to detect that position and record all of that fields in a text file. I like to develop it in MQL4. I'm a software developer but I don't know MQL more. May I...
  What is it!!  (2)
public class Q4{//====================================================   public static int a(int b, int c) //<--  what happens here???   {      int x=0;      x=c-b;      return x;   }//===================================================   public static int b(int c, int d) //<-- here it is again??...
[Deleted]
To test the function iMA, I wrote the code below       int start()         {                              double x=iMA(NULL,0,10,0,MODE_SMA,MODE_CLOSE,1);          double y=0;             for (int i=1; i<=10; i++)                              y = y +...
Dear sir Plz start mcx indian rates as early as possible.
[Deleted]
i am trying to write some code saying current bar ask price is greater than current bar simple moving average (5ma, close price, simple.) is this correct: MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_ASK)> iMA(NULL, NULL,5,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0) and current bar bid price is less than the current bar 5 moving...
double High_pending = iHigh( Symbol(), PERIOD_D1, 1 ); double Low_pending = iLow( Symbol(), PERIOD_D1, 1 ); This problem might have been mentioned before but I wouldn't have a clue how to find that specific topic. I use the above statements to find the high and low of the previous day, regardless of...
Hi all! I am using the "OrderCloseTime()" function and "printing" the result in the MT4 journal. I do not recognize the format of the "printed" "OrderCloseTime()". I will provide an example below... example: "Close time for the order 1 1167720180" My brain is thinking... "WTF"? :) hahaha... Please...
Is the ATR-indicator from Timeframe 10 Minutes and Period 14 the same as from Timeframe 5 Minutes and Period 28??
Hi boys and girls, I am trying to back test a hedge EA - it is simple - I assume that there is a correlation between two given instruments and when it is broken I enter two opposed positions and wait for correlation to be restored and take profit. The problem, however is that I can't (so far) to...
Hello, I've tried modifing ATR indicator to be shown on chart, changed the code #property indicator_separate_window to chart window, but it doesn't work. That's weird because when I do invert (modifying an indicator showing on chart to separate) it works most of the time. Any idea how I can do ?...
[Deleted]
Hi one and all, Is it possible to convert an EA into a CSV file? I have an EA based on ATR stops and stochastic indicator for os/ob conditions. The EA is calculating the profit factor and recovery factor for each signal for x past trades.I like to convert this EA into CSV file. There are plenty of
heyy guyz i came across a problem. the problem is that i cant use metatrader 4 indicators on metatrader 5. can any1 plz help me out n tell me how to convert them for metatrader 5? the indicators r in EX4 format...
I am using multiple charts all with the same EA attached toeach chart. I want to take my profit by closing all trades on all charts. To dothis as soon as any of the charts finds that the account equity is at a setlevel i just close all the trades. However, while closing all the trades othercharts...
Hi, I have a great filter. It has essentially zero lag, and is smoother than other known alternatives (JMA, ZLMA, ...). I have 1 problem though: that is the windowing function (the function that decides how many periods back it has to look to calculate the smoothed value in the current bar). I think...
When I specify a name prefix, it's deleting all Global Variables, not just the GVs with the prefix. There's a message in the forum back in 2006 that suggests this would be fixed, it's broken again.    MT4GV_TS_Prefix = "TSv2_"+Symbol()+"_"+Period()+"_";   GlobalVariablesDeleteAll(MT4GV_TS_Prefix);
I've always wanted to have the ability to code a blackjack simulator but back then coding seemed too complex an endeavor to attempt. I settled on using blackjack simulators which worked for basic stuff but the more advanced I became, the more questions I had which my commercial software couldn't...
Hello all, I am using a hedging technique with 2 EA's - one is the primary opener/closer and one is the hedging mechanism, using Magic #'s to interact with each other.... The problem is that I cannot backtest the system in MT4 - as Tester can only run one EA at a time. Can anyone suggest other ways...
  EA will not trade  (12   1 2)
I have an EA of a breakout strategy that no longer places trades. I stopped using it a year or so ago but changed the beginning and end times of the range which are both external variables. I have not changed the trading code since it ran successfully. Now it will trigger the Alerts in the code...
Helloagain, Once againI’ve come to ask for your help. I’ve spent several hours on this indicator andstill can’t get it to work. It counts only two bars back and … and nothing.Could any of more experienced coders (that would probably mean most of thereaders;) ) tell me what I’ve done wrong?? That...
I've just discovered MQL4, and I am reading the documentation ;-) The doco says: "Stop Loss and Take Profit orders (described below) can be attached to a market order." When I open a market execution order the 'Take Profit' field is 'greyed out'. How do I attach a Take Profit order? Do I have to...