Transfer of MT4 Profile (1 computer to another computer)

Hello!

Im currently using MT4 with a few tabs on different pairs and have saved & renamed them as "xxx" profile.

1) Would like to know how to transfer this "xxx" profile to another new computer. (just in case this current HDD - harddisk gives up on me)

Supposing it can be done,

2) Will the trendlines, indicators and stuffs follow on to the new computer HDD?

Cheers!

lfxl:

Hello!

Im currently using MT4 with a few tabs on different pairs and have saved & renamed them as "xxx" profile.

1) Would like to know how to transfer this "xxx" profile to another new computer. (just in case this current HDD - harddisk gives up on me)

Supposing it can be done,

2) Will the trendlines, indicators and stuffs follow on to the new computer HDD?

Cheers!

Hi ifxl,

The profile is located at profiles folder where you install the MT.

Why don't you install second MT from the same or different broker and copy the profile over there and see what happen.

If you're not sure that this is going well, you can always use Windows File and Transfer setting and copy the entire MT installation. I think it also automatically copy the registry. Don't forget to copy the other MT folder located at user personal folder location.

Thanks OneWithZachy,

Will try to figure it out and twiddle with what you suggested.

Reason: