How to Order 1 unit ( 0.00001 Lots) in MetaTrader4 Expert Advisor Strategy Tester?

Currently the minimum lot supported in metatrader4 Strategy Tester is 0.1 Lots.

OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, 0.1, Ask, Slippage,0,Ask + TakeProfit, "My Coment", 0, 0, Yellow); //WORKS

I'd like to back-test my strategy in MT4 Strategy Tester with my EA using 0.00001 Lots (ie, 1 Units of EUR/USD)

OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, 0.0001, Ask, Slippage,0,Ask + TakeProfit, "My Coment", 0, 0, Yellow); //DONT WORK

Is there any tweak to enable 0.0001 Lots in MT4 Strategy Tester?

Note: I know that in real trading, minimum lot size is determined not by the MT4, but by the broker. So, all that I'm asking is to enable 0.00001 Unit in Strategy Tester.

nokimchen:

Note: I know that in real trading, minimum lot size is determined not by the MT4, but by the broker. So, all that I'm asking is to enable 0.00001 Unit in Strategy Tester.

It's also determined by your Broker, if you disconnect from your Broker and hack the symbols.sel file you may be able to use a position size of 0.0001

RaptorUK:
It's also determined by your Broker, if you disconnect from your Broker and hack the symbols.sel file you may be able to use a position size of 0.0001

Thanks a lot for the reply. Well, i disconnect net and tried to view symbols.sel using notepad, but i get all the unreadable charachters like hW!å'ï?yöÑ©+ï?…_êçMEï?

Would you kindly instruct me how to edit the symbols.sel file?

nokimchen:

Thanks a lot for the reply. Well, i disconnect net and tried to view symbols.sel using notepad, but i get all the unreadable charachters like hW!å'ï?yöÑ©+ï?…_êçMEï?

Would you kindly instruct me how to edit the symbols.sel file?

It's a binary file, I don't know the format, you will have to research it.

RaptorUK:
It's a binary file, I don't know the format, you will have to research it.

hmmm....editing that binary files seems as tough as finding a holy grail trading system :P

nokimchen:

hmmm....editing that binary files seems as tough as finding a holy grail trading system :P
Not even close, editing that file is child's play by comparison.

RaptorUK:
Not even close, editing that file is child's play by comparison.

ah..I'm still struggling :O

http://www.jeremywhittaker.com/2011/04/09/how-mt4-calculates-spread-and-how-to-manually-change-it/

kenorb:
http://www.jeremywhittaker.com/2011/04/09/how-mt4-calculates-spread-and-how-to-manually-change-it/
What has changing the spread got to do with changing MinLot ?
Reason: