Gen:Heur.Zygug.4 Virus has been detected and has been quarantined from the terminal.exe file

Hello :

I have a problem.

When I open my MT4 platform, I get a pop up MetaTrader 4 LiveUpdate window saying there is a liveupdate 4.00 (build 438). When I try downloading this MT4 4.00 build 438, my anti-virus software alerts me that Gen:Heur.Zygug.4 virus has been detected and the terminal.exe file has been quarantined.

Because of this quarantine, my MT4 platform version still remains unchange at version 4.00 build 432.

Is this Gen:Heur.Zygug.4 really a virus?

Perhaps it's got something to-do with this.

Hello,

I have the same problem.

And the "virus´name" is the same. I don´t have Sophos but Bitdefender. In my case, the file Gen:Heur.Zygug.4 was deleted. I also wonder if it´s really a virus or not and whether I should disconnet the anti-virus software and try the update again...

corn:

Hello :

I have a problem.

When I open my MT4 platform, I get a pop up MetaTrader 4 LiveUpdate window saying there is a liveupdate 4.00 (build 438). When I try downloading this MT4 4.00 build 438, my anti-virus software alerts me that Gen:Heur.Zygug.4 virus has been detected and the terminal.exe file has been quarantined.

Because of this quarantine, my MT4 platform version still remains unchange at version 4.00 build 432.

Is this Gen:Heur.Zygug.4 really a virus?

ubzen:
Perhaps it's got something to-do with this.

hello ubzen,

thanks for the suggestion. However, I don't have Sophos anti-virus and for my case, since my anti-virus detects Gen:Heur.Zygug.4 virus and quarantines terminal.exe file of the mt4 liveupdate, my mt4 does not get updated to the new version 4.00 build 438 but remains at the current version 4.00 build 432.

SCS12:

Hello,

I have the same problem.

And the "virus´name" is the same. I don´t have Sophos but Bitdefender. In my case, the file Gen:Heur.Zygug.4 was deleted. I also wonder if it´s really a virus or not and whether I should disconnet the anti-virus software and try the update again...

hello SCS12:

yes, I was also wondering if Gen:Heur.Zygug.4 is really a virus.

Hello everybody,

I have the same problem too. My BitDefender antivirus show me this message: virus detected Heur Zygug.4 and it´s not possible to update to version 438. Is there any solution?

Reason: