MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1004

[Deleted]
what exactly is wrong with my OrderModify's TP/SL I've been reading on forums and the docs but I really don't get this part (it might be my dyslexia :/). Ive tried other values close to these but only ever get 'OrderModify error 130' or 'OrderModify error 1'... May I have some help?...
  Pass word  (4)
Hi every one, I'm new here but have been trading for 6 years! How can I change my pass word to one that suits me? Thanks jonmmm
Hi All, Anyone knows Left Tic and Right Tic tradestation plot style equvalant in MT4? Please help! Attaching tradestation snap shot for quick referance Thanks in advance! Antony.
Hi, I am trying to change the color of a candlestick bar based on an moving average indicator. Is it possible? Any suggestions? Antony
[Deleted]
Hi all, I'd like to get the time of iLowest and iHighest values below. Although I have searched a lot I cloundn't find anything about it. Can anyone help me ragarding this? Regards, Cosan double lowbar = iLowest("EURUSD", PERIOD_D1, MODE_LOW,BarsBack,StartBar); double highbar =...
  rounded numbers  (6)
Hello, if i write: double x=iMA(NULL,0,8,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0) The program takes the point value rounded, the real value is 1.20593 but in the variable x the value is 1.2059. Why? Thanks!
When I OrderSend() every minute, I tend to get about one ERR_NO_CONNECTION per hour. This is on a VPS (I'm also assuming the broker is reliable). After the failure, the trade always goes through successfully when I retry immediately. I am beginning to suspect that there is something more at play...
Hello all. I wanted to know if is possible to develop and EA that sends once it detects a valid setup a pop up with an input field to type manually the price level of the stop loss. Is it possible ? I am curious to do the backtesting in visual mode and check if with little discretion I can monitor...
[Deleted]
Hi we've created this EA coming soon at fxautomated.com that we think will be the best ever in the market. We are currently optimizing it on a powerful server that is on 24/7/365 on but the estimated time to complete is 900 hours thats about 35 days. Can you guys please create a cloud network for...
Hello, Im new in mq4 languages..Can someone help me to remove this error from my EA? 2012.07.25 09:30:41 2011.09.12 00:36 EA Kapan Menunggu EURUSD,M1: OrderModify error 130 This is the line for modifiy order if (gi_356) {      if (gi_292 == TRUE) {         for (g_pos_324 = OrdersTotal() - 1;...
  Trading Loops?  (5)
Hi have written some code which attempts to make an OrderSend() to open an order. After the OrderSend() the code checks for the GetLatestError() and if an error is found (ie > 0) then it tries again. My concern with this is that a situation may arise where the trade has actually gone through
The following is valid. double v1[10] = {47.73,49.384,49.845,50.167,50.465,50.628,50.857,51.12,51.315,51.565}; The following is not valid. double v1[10]; v1 = {47.73,49.384,49.845,50.167,50.465,50.628,50.857,51.12,51.315,51.565}; Any ideas how to make it valid? The reason why I ask is that I want...
void SetLevelValue(int level, double value) can draw 32 levels in an indicator, but they can only have the same style, sincein SetLevelStyle, which level is not referenced. void SetLevelStyle(int draw_style, int line_width, color clr=CLR_NONE) Also, the level value can hardly be seen on the...
A quick question. Do any of you know if it is possible to create a function with a variable number of parameters that can be of any type? In other languages this is sometimes referred to as 'paramarray'. An example in MQL4 is int FileWrite( int handle, ...) With the above, once you...
I notice that the MetaEditor has a F9 option to add a breakpoint. I take it though that we can't use this for debugging/stepping through EAs?
Hello, I am fairly new to trading. I can see my trade placed on my VPS platfrom from my desktop on my iPhone app. Does that mean when I enter a trade in my iPhone it gets entered on my VPS platform too. I usually trade the US and European markets in the Evening as I am based in Australia but I have...
Hello, I have indicator which uses "include" command to include external library. This library declares external functions which are in .dll file Is it possible to declare dll functions from indicator itself avoiding "include" file ? (there are many #define statements in "include" file) Thanks,...
The topic about says it: The current value of the cumulative total 'profits' in the grey line at the bottom of all of the active and open trades (in the first 'Trade' tab) at the bottom of the terminal. This is distinct from either the AccountProfit() or the TradeProfit() The value is there and...
[Deleted]
Hi, I've tried running an EA on Oanda MT4 Client, but it does not trade. I had enabled live trading and all the other settings, and the smiling face is on the chart. I tried it on a demo account with MetaQuote Client, and it works. I searched the forum and someone mentions about 4 vs 5 digits (Oanda...
  Help EA Code  (1)
Hi mates, can help me with my code attached? It is a scalp with martingale. i need that EA buy and sell at same time, in other words, if he enter long and have a signal to short, he execute together. i have problems with magic number and trade management in mql code yet.. i am beginner in codes....
[Deleted]
I have slight problems with digesting piece of code posted in Mql Book.: int start() // Special function start { int Dist_SL =10; // Preset SL (pt) int Dist_TP =3; // Preset TP (pt) double Prots=0...
Hello guys. After few days of testing I noticed that the indicator I developed was not working properly. It seems that MT4 already had the M1 timeframe data to feed the indicator, so everything seemed amazingly good in backtest, but when I used icustom to call the indicator into the EA the result...
Ok, let's say I have a ticket 1000011 which is long 2 contracts. I use OrderClose() to close 1 of those contracts leaving a position open of just one. Two questions - 1) Will the new position have the same ticket number? 2) Will calling OrderLots() on the original ticket show 2 or 1 lots in the...
the loop operator which is the faster? and what the tips to code a ea that can backtest/run faster ? my ea already do not use any technical indicators thanks
Hi, Does anyone know how to establish what the maximum allowable requests is per EA? Is this something that varies between brokers or is it a constant within MT? Also, does anyone know what constitutes a "request" i.e. is this only new orders and order modifications, or does this extend to other...
Ok, here is my game plan amigos. Lets say I just placed a (short) sell order and it loses. Next, the strategy wants to place a new order (or sell order) with a "break even" that recovers the last (short) sell order's loss. Example: (short) sell order closes with -$10.00 loss. Next, the strategy...
I use a indicator to calc index base on other period data, if the period chart is not open yet, iMAOnArray(...) will return incorect data, just as same as ArrayCopySeries, my question is: if I don't open a chart of the period, after the first calling return error, the flollowing calling will also
[Deleted]
Dear All, Kindly explain to me what are the main differences between the variables declared in the global scope of the program and GlobalVariable...()? Another question is jumping in my mind as per the following case ... I understood that, "Global variables of the client terminal are accessible...
[Deleted]
Plug-in for MT4. Shows upcoming events and also shows past events anchored to price/date/time. Simple to setup for any timezone. Also simple to configure lead time for upcoming events. Data is presented intuitively to make it easy to digest, and does not clutter the chart like other economic...
Hi, I opened a demo account, set it $5000 and 1:50. Then I opened some position in realtime, it turned out $5000 and 1:50 are true. But in strategy tester mode(I want to use Visual Mode), how can I control? I find in "expert properties" I can set deposit $5000, but where can I set the leverage? now...