'\end_of_program' - unbalanced left parenthesis (error)

I am programming an EA...when compiling, i got the following message:

'\end_of_program' - unbalanced left parenthesis

Is there anyone who can help me sort it out or is there any documentation that i can read -- "hints and tips" (couldn't find any on this type of error!)

Please let me know, thanks.

pete36:
I am programming an EA...when compiling, i got the following message:

'\end_of_program' - unbalanced left parenthesis

Is there anyone who can help me sort it out or is there any documentation that i can read -- "hints and tips" (couldn't find any on this type of error!)

Please let me know, thanks.

unbalanced left parenthesis <- this is the answer

Maybe you forgot (or )or { or }

for example:

Print(hi;

Print hi);

'\end_of_program' - unbalanced left parenthesis (error)

Hi Coders Guru,

I checked it again and again and again...could not find the missing parenthesis!!

If you can have a look at it, i would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Files:
ma_macd.mq4  5 kb

You need to read more!

pete36:
Hi Coders Guru,

I checked it again and again and again...could not find the missing parenthesis!!

If you can have a look at it, i would really appreciate it.

Thanks

This code needs three days to correct!

Some of notes:

if(OrderSymbol() == Symbol() && OrderType()==OP_BUY); <-- No semicolon in the line of IF[/php] [PHP] if (TakeProfit=0) Target=0; <-- Use == not =

I corrected it for you to compare it with yours! But I'm not sure it's a woking code!

Files:
ma_macd_1.mq4  5 kb

Coders Guru, you're the BEST!!!

Thanks a lot, really appreciate it!!!!

this EA still needs a lot of calibration and adjustments - thats just the start - i needed to go over this error to do the rest - thanks again and again and again

pete36:
Thanks a lot, really appreciate it!!!! this EA still needs a lot of calibration and adjustments - thats just the start - i needed to go over this error to do the rest - thanks again and again and again

You're welcome!

Go ahead and complete the EA! I hope to see u a very good MQL coder very soon!

I hope so...

the EA is error free now, but you are right it is not working. I have to figure it out else i am coming back to you!!

It is great stuff, your MQL4 tutorial, in a week or so, i am now able to understand and read a code...but still i need to get the details right...

help me too !!!

i have some problem with this EA, please someone help me . thank's before for your answer.

Files:
Reason: