General - page 1824

Hello! Im developing a automated trading platform and right now im trying to make some simple indicators. I tryied to make a simple stochastic using a %K and %D lines, and using the following formula for the %K: ( ( Today's Close - Lowest Low in %K Periods ) / ( Highest High in %K Periods - Lowest...
Hello, It would be good to create multiple choice values for an extern variable. For example: extern string myDropDownListChoices="Option1"|"Option2"|"Option3"; and it would display a drop down list of only those string choices. or -- extern int myDropDownListChoices=50|100|200; and it would...
  E-mail alert  (2)
hi there,anyone know how to configure the e-mail alert in options tab in metatrader have set the correct smtp server etc,seems to be the last 2 boxes im stuck with,the from and to ,any help appreciated,thanks
Hello all, Can some one tell me how I can get the value of MACD histogram? I'm using iMACD(NULL,0,12,26,9,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_SIGNAL,1) to get the signal and iMACD(NULL,0,12,26,9,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_MAIN,1) to get the MACD but not sure what I need to use to get the value of Histogram? Thank Kam
Hi, I have made a very simple EA. The problem I am having is that when I use the Every Tick method while testing lets say on the 1 hour chart, if the triggers are set and the EA opens the trade and takes profit, if the current candle still meets the criteria, it will immediately open another trade!...
Has anyone code for MT4 yet that can import a VAR that can be used in the start loop not just the init()? I really want to try some idea that needs to pick up 2 int's from a file or external program and be able to use them in the start loop to make trades
I'm been told by a fellow trader that there's a bug in v196 that is causing crashes. Has that been fixed yet? Might have something to do with an API change.
I've downloaded Alpari data for EUR/USD M1. I cleared out all my history for EUR/USD, then imported it. It then showed 718,928 under M1. All the data appears to be there dating back to 2004/06/16. I then went to the strategy tester, entered 2005 dates, clicked "Recalculate" on an M1 chart, and...
MetaTrader 4 build 196 has been released. What’s new: 1. Tester: Added visualization of testing. 2. Tester: At testing the expert template .tpl is applied. If such template is not found, tester.tpl is used. 3. Tester: Improved drawing of balance at testing. 4. Tester: Added the reopening...
Expert advisors leaders IN ELITE SECTION win more than 3000 pips (30000$ investing 1 lot every time) almost every month What is it? Report ? I want to inform myself over the Elite Section how you and when you get informed set an order, how and how it is is it really 3000 pips per month? really 3000...
[Deleted]
Does anyone know the code to alert me when the force index crosses a defined level? It seems so easy, but I have not found anything. Also, is there a generic alert script that I can say... "if this signal crosses this number alert me"... like the price alert, except for indicators? Thanks for the...
  Newbie Question  (1)
Greetings, I have downloaded MetaTrader4 and have some questions: Is it possible to demo trade AND live trade with MetaTrader4 as an individual? If so, what is the minimum for opening an account, what are the spreads, etc? Next, I have found an EA that I am considering purchasing, but I...
Does anyone know if it's possible to subscribe to like, the new posts of this forum using RSS feed at like, bloglines or something? thanks in advance,
  Boll Trade  (20   1 2)
Not sure if this E.A. has been posted before the backtest is unreal, got it from the yahoo forum. Wait to see what fwd. test brings.Backtest was for this year only. More pips for us! Bill
  Currency corelation  (30   1 2 3)
Hi forex experts, I've been trying to learn/understand the correlation between currency pairs. If I take GBPUSD and EURUSD as the pairs that move in the same direction, can you please answer the following? The assumption is that both these pairs move up or down fairly closely. If I buy GBPUSD and...
  Float.mq4 indicator  (13   1 2)
Anybody can share a working Float.mq4 indicator. For some reason I cant make the one from this site work euro pean
  Historical Data  (2)
i can get the I min chart from alpari. but what about 5 mins and 15 mins? thanks.
Would it be possible to have the strategy tester ignore open trades in the report? Or better, a checkbox to say "Ignore Open Trades". It sometimes skews my results and I don't know if I'd consider the report valid unless the orders were closed properly via my EA. Also, I find it is too...
At the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006, the article Automated Trading Today and Tomorrow has been published. http://championship.mql4.com/2006/news/ Automated trading arose rather recently, but it has already taken its place in the modern trading world. And it is no wonder...
  MT4 build 196  (19   1 2)
A nice tool has been developed in the latest build. If you wanna know the way indicators work in history then do the following: 1. Create a new chart in any TF 2. Attach any EA 3.Press strategy tester 4. Mark visualization and choose a speed 5. Press Start and wait till the chart appears then press...
How do you change the spread? I assumed it was under Symbol Properties, but the field is read only. It appears to use a 0 spread when you backtest. Thanks, Bryant Ingram
I've just downloaded build 196, and there are new style arrows, with new names for trade functions, and something called trendlines. -I've been using my EA for more then a year now, and I have things programmed to arrow descriptions, which are useless now. Why is it necessary to change something...
Hello, Does "LiveUpdate" feature download updated files from MetaQuotes server or Broker server? Reason we ask this is that our company has configured its firewalls to only allow inbound and outbound internet traffic with our broker's server. Thank you for your reply answer. Regards RJF
I want to copy a 1D array into the a 2d array. Here's an example of what I want to do: double a[][33];double b[33];//resize first dimensionArrayResize(a, 10);for(int i=0,i<ArraySize(b),i++) { ArrayCopy(a[i], b);} Is this possible??? I've seen examples of 2D array's being copied into other...
Hello, I wanted to know if this is the correct way to program a endless loop counter (see code below). Is it ok to initialize the static variable once at zero within the start function? I want the count variable to always start at zero and then count the number of times the infinite loop loops....
[Deleted]
I've searched the forum concerning this question and the closest thing I've found to an answer was found here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173165 Anyway, I'm trying to get a simple moving average (10 in this case) from a daily chart to show up on a lower time frame. Preferably hourly, but it...
  Ver 196 Bug ?  (5)
Looks like it's not possible to get rid of the Chart Bar : unselecting Char Bar in the View menu does nothing.
MetaTrader 4 Mobile build 196 has been released What's new: 1. Fixed error of symbol list saving in the Quotes window. 2. Fixed error of indicators dialog box displaying. Links: "MetaTrader 4 Mobile trading terminal" - Windows Installer for MetaTrader 4 Mobile; "MetaTrader 4 Mobile trading...
A music video and spoof of the song "Every Breath You Take" about Ben Bernanke and Glenn Hubbarb. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1124254569250171465&hl=en
How can one have too many open orders? Is there a limit? If yes, how many is that limit?