E-gold Hacked !!!

My e-gold account got hacked and spend all of balance by e-gold account 4246103 (TIM).

I report this incident to e-gold and they gave me info this unauthorized transaction made by remoteip address 81.83.64.60.

Regarding ripe.net database record, that ip belong to one of telenet.be customers (ISP). And I report abuse to them as ISP also Belgium Federal Computer Crime Unit Department (FCCU) as well.

So far, e-gold already limited hacker account 4246103 (TIM) and due prohibited to release their client account, they request Court Order to me to have it.

BE AWARE...

Hi Haba,

Sorry to hear this.

How much money did you lose?

Several years ago someone hacked into my account and transferred my entire balance into someone else's account. I reported it to E-Gold and they never did anything about it. I haven't used them since.

KillerKhan:
e-Gold is a scam. All transactions are final and no refunds....And if you complain to e-gold about it, their answer is simply "all transactions are reversible." If you can avoid e-gold avoid it like the black plague.

You mean:

"all transactions are irreversible."

lexygoo:
You mean: "all transactions are irreversible."

lexygoo, yes you are right, sorry typo

e-Gold is a scam. All transactions are final and no refunds. And o fund e-gold like $100 you need to spend over $140. It's a total rip off, not sure who was the idiot that came up with this whole e-gold idea. If you have to use e-gold, be very cautious when purchasing electronic items like e-books or programs, as when the other person receives the payment you may never get what your purchased at all. And if you complain to e-gold about it, their answer is simply "all transactions are irreversible." If you can avoid e-gold avoid it like the black plague.

I just opened a Live "North Finance" account last week and I was thinking of using the e-Gold service as means of transfering funds. I guess I'll stick to plain wire transfers, they are costy but they're safe.

Thanks for the Alert!

--Tal

wrxbuzz:
I just opened a Live "North Finance" account last week and I was thinking of using the e-Gold service as means of transfering funds. I guess I'll stick to plain wire transfers, they are costy but they're safe.

Thanks for the Alert!

--Tal

If you think wire transfers are costly, e-gold is far worse. It costs around $40 to fund e-gold with $100. So to get $100 in egold you need to shell out about $140. Wire transfer is $30 for $1000 i believe.

Don't use GoldxCash.com

I tried to fund my e-gold account via

GoldxCash.com

a couple of weeks ago.

The guy took the money but never put anything into my account and never answer the e-mails.

My question is what I can to do to get this bad guy, or just let my money wasted.

jimmyking:
I tried to fund my e-gold account via

GoldxCash.com

a couple of weeks ago.

The guy took the money but never put anything into my account and never answer the e-mails.

My question is what I can to do to get this bad guy, or just let my money wasted.

Depend how much money. I got jibbed of $100. Too little money to hire a lawyer or go through a hassle of creating a sipena. The person that I bought something from was from Ukraine. Cost of the item was $100 and never got the item after he got the payment, before that, he answered all e-mails within 2-3 hours and was giving me all info regarding the item etc. but as soon as I sent him money he disappeared into thin air. Just becareful out there.

Avoid E-Gold unless you want to give it away..

lexygoo:
You mean: "all transactions are irreversible."

Most of the E-Gold accepting sites are "Fly By Night" opereations.

They use it just because ALL TRASNACTIONS ARE FINAL.

I had a couple hundred $ scammed out of my e-gold account a couple years ago. Got a Trojan keylogger on my machine and they emptied my account. Tracked the IP address to the Eastern block country. They bounced the transaction of a couple different funding sites...

All e-gold could do was lodge a complaint...wow that's really going to help!

Beware..if you have to use E-Gold to complete a transacion, maybe you really don't need the money in the first place...

My 2 cent...

Reason: