General - page 1829

Guys forex provides us very few moment of happiness, so to share real happiness please write down something about the special person on this forum who has birthday today. A real important day. SFX
Hi to all http://www.ascot.pl/index.php?lang=en http://www.ascot.pl/index.php?lang=ru http://www.ascot.pl/index.php?lang=fr Download prog here : https://www.ascot.pl/cgi-bin/ascot/shopping?a=pv&p=SCyklonG&l=EN Download 30 days License key here : https://www.ascot.pl/cgi-bin/ascot/shopping...
  Best Trading Times  (17   1 2)
FWIW, I did some analysis on best times to trade by day of the week and by hour. I've attached the graphs. I analyzed all the way back to 2004, but found the data to be similar, and with so many data points more recent behavioral changes in the market would be dampened out. Hence, the focus on...
I'm just looking for an example of an EA that opens and closes more than 1 position at a time.. THANKS
[Deleted]
  MT4 Report v.3 & template file  (23   1 2 3)
Copy !Report_v3.mq4 to Experts\scripts directory. report.zip contains report.htm template. Copy report.htm to Templates directory. There are 2 pathes in the body of !Report_v3.mq4: #define template "[ROOT]\\templates\\report.htm" #define report "[ROOT]\\experts\\files\\[ACCOUNT_NUM]rep.htm"...
If you save a file and your hard drive is full, it doesn't give you a warning. It rewrites as much of the file as will fit and that's all you get. Anything that was previously saved will be lost as well since it rewrites the file. It ended up truncating 100% of the EA I've been working on for weeks...
This may be a tricky question. But here goes: I have an EA that I want to run with some parameters that must be derived from earlier performance of the same EA in an optimizer. In other words, before trading on Tuesday, I want to run the EA optimized for two parameters for Monday, then from the...
Hello all, Does anyone have a code example to determine daylight savings time ? Thank you, -charliev
I tested an EA and I saw that there are some errors in back test..For example, it say me that it entered Short on Eur/Usd at the price of 1,2665 at the 14:40 of 9 June 2006..I controlled that bar, but it never touched the price of 1,2665!!!! How it is possible? In that way every backtest is wrong
Hi, Can I confirm that for MetaTrader 4 Mobile, I can use an O2 XDA Atom for live trading via GPRS connection? Thanks.
When you place a MA or stochastic etc..on a 60 min chart, obviously it can only show one value for one bar at a time. Even if it wiggles back and forth during the hour, at the end of the hour it can only have one position, one value. Things are different if you are using a 5 min chart with for ex. a...
Hi there, I have programmed the following EA to trade over a longer term. The EA have showed in backtesting to be profitable. The EA works on H1 and maybe higher timeframes. The EA is programmed to work on mini accounts. If you want to let it work on full account you must delete the "m" at the end...
Does anyone have Supertrend line not the mtf version please post ASAP Thanks
I have some code that I have been trying to convert to MQL4 but , I have to admit I have no idea, how or where to start and everytime I do it has not worked out. I have been using this TS on another platform with great success but I have also had alot of reliability issues. of which I have not seen...
do you put much money with EA? i am testing some of then, but is very strange to thrust in a computer execturion, what do you think about it?
I have read through the entire MT4 brokers thread, but am still left with one unanswered, important question. Which MT4 brokers facilitate LIVE profitable trading using an EA?? This is assuming the trader's EA IS profitable when executed properly by the broker, of course. This is also assuming the
[Deleted]
This may be a tricky question. But here goes: I have an EA that I want to run with some parameters that must be derived from earlier performance of the same EA in an optimizer. In other words, before trading on Tuesday, I want to run the EA optimized for two parameters for Monday, then from the...
Hi All, I need a simple indicator programmed. I'm a newbie to MT4 and am not familiar enough yet to do this in a timely manner. What I'm looking for is the separation difference between 2 MAs(selectable: Simple, E, W etc.) plotted as a histogram. Example: 12EMA and 26EMA @3:00 --- 12 EMA = 1.2222...
Hello, I want to know whether my code within the start function gets to finish completely, even if a new tick comes in ? For example we have: int start() { code here } does the code within the start function ("code here") get to finish from start to finish, even if a new tick comes in while the...
I am trying to create an EA with Demark_trend_new indicator. Buy when a High is above HL_1 trend line and sell when a Low is below LL_1 trend line. I inserted in the EA: double Var1 = iCustom("HL_1", 0, "Demark_trend_new", 200, 0, Current +0); double Var2 = iCustom("LL_1", 0, "Demark_trend_new", 200...
Dear Gentlemen's: I am sure of having the solution to automate the process in a sure way but I don't know the programming MQL4. I need a programmer and to associate with the one to develop the process. Are you able to me to contact me with somebody and to sign an agreement? "Two heads think...
  GBP vs FOMC  (2)
Hi, I think if FOMC result is positive about rate hike...we will see GBP retrace to 1.8900...we will wait gbp to retrace soon.... Any suggestion ? ==================== Proven Forex System Forex Articles
Hi Scorpion, Can you modify this ea, to allow a breakeven option. Once the trade is 12pips in profit, the ea, will move the stoploss to breakeven point and then a trailing stop will move the stop loss on every pip movement over 30pips profit untill the target is reached. Thanks Muppetman
Hi All I have been all over these forums for the last month or so and what I have noticed is that there is a Lacking of Serious Forward Testers and Continuty of EA Development... NewDigital no offense as I am a member of the Elite Section... We need to have long term testing of EA's as well as...
[Deleted]
I have developed different experts that I want to run against specific time frames. Right now when I load any expert on to a chart - EUR/USD for example - it seems to get applied to all timeframes for that pair. If I wanted to run one expert for say the 4 hour EUR/USD and a different expert against...
[Deleted]
I have installed data for backtesting on my system that I downloaded through my broker (velocity). When I run my expert advisors against multiple charts (4) my CPU usage now gets pegged at 100%. Some have told me the source of my problem might be that I simply have too much data that I am working...
Hi, Anyone heard of correalation EA or Equity EA? If anyone has it can i try it out also? Thx in advance iliaaz
Hello all, When creating a Trendline via code.... how can I set the Description property of the object? Thanks! -charliev
i am looking for a expert to go with the triggerlines2 indicator. if anyone has one or would help me write one i would be gratefull
Hi all you, I am finding 18EMA & 28EMA, 5WMA & 8WMA indicator for MT4. May you share with me? Thanks! I have something I do not understand, Why there are so many kinds of EMA indicator, ex: EMA_Angle; EMA_Cross, Pivot EMA, . . ? Are they difference?