General - page 1830

Hi everybody I found this indicator somewhere. This indicator is seems interesting, give an alert when to buy and sell, but I don't understand the rest, could anyone tell me how to use it? Thanks in advance
I'm new to Metatrader and I don't know how this program does certain things. If you have an Expert running and you right click on chart >Experts>Properties and you change something will it take effect when you click OK, or do you need to remove the Expert and save the changes you just made in a...
Hi all I have searched the platform tutorials, but not found some predefind variable that is similar to AccountMarginLevel(), showing the Margin Level percentage. What other variables/math can I use to simulate/calculate something that may serve as the equivalent of AccountMarginLevel() variable?
I have an idea for a trading system that uses an indicator in a different charting package. I have no idea how to code it or where to even begin, but I thought I'd share the idea and maybe someone can help with it. The indicator at its default setting uses 20 days worth of data and the time frame...
Does anyone have an EA that will close all open trades on a chart?
I'm trying to adjust the precision of what I get back on OBJPROP_PRICE within ObjectGet. But, it's not working. The code below does not adjust the precision to 4 as expected. Am I doing something wrong? string name1; double normprice; for(int i=0;i<ObjectsTotal();i++) { name1=ObjectName(i);...
Is there a way to plot tick based charts in MT 4?
Does anyone have a working version of the Ergodic oscillator? All the versions I have downloaded show a blank black window.
Hello all, Am I doing this correct? I drew a Trendline (test) and I want to return the Angle... ObjectCreate(&quot;test&quot;, OBJ_TREND, 0, Time[10], High[10], Time[0], High[0]);ObjectSet(&quot;test&quot;, OBJPROP_STYLE, STYLE_SOLID);ObjectSet(&quot;test&quot;, OBJPROP_COLOR, Red);...
Hi, How can I make something like "Stoploss" NOT appear on the Inputs screen when loading an EA? Best regards
Do they have any meaning to the terminal? For instance, is there a value I can return from init() that tells the terminal not to run the expert? Thanks, Doji
Anyone here uses EA for Live Trading? Regards Dellan
Hi, I want to exit a position on a certain symbol in this way: As soon as I enter it I want a profit target at +10 pips (i.e.) for half position. When 1st target is reached I want to have stop loss at break even for le 1/2 of lots remained. Then I want to put 1/2 of the remaining lots at +30...
Midday Technical Analysis for Friday July 28 2006 Full report with charts on Forexalt.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Midday Technical Analysis: The Yen becomes Stronger The yen rises in price in relation to euro and dollar on speculation...
Hello ! If I have 2 or many files with the historical data for testing where I can chose from which file the tester will take data ? Thanks.
Would anyone please help me out and please show me how to place a stop loss on an ea that closes all open positions when account equity falls to a specified percentage of total account balance?? Help is much appreciated...
Greetings to all, Does anyone trade with or know about this group? Are they reliable, honest, well known, etc etc. Any problems with them? Any and all comments welcome.
hello, i am trying to run two EA on demo accounts. both are not generating trades?? can somebody help please? firebird and cybeiratrader
Good day, 1) My first problem is that when I try to connect with MetaTraderAPIExample2, using a demo account. The message I get is "some error". Is this normal? What is currently the address of the MIG-demo server? Why can't I connect? 2) Also, would it be possible to do the operator "const...
MetaQuotes Software Corp. starts the unique Automated Trading Championship 2006 sponsored by Spacevision Switzerland SA, FXDirectDealer LLC. and Interbank FX LLC.. Unlike numerous traders contests, this championship is intended not for traders, but for Expert Advisors writen by them. Within 12 weeks...
Hello every body I need to download fxdd mt4 ,but I cannot download it from their site,I donot know why , any body can attache it here or any upload site, thankyou very much
hello, i have some problems in using the mtapi.dll 3 how i can get pip value and point value for a symbole? and how i can get the magic Id for any order? and how i can get the ticket id for an order? thanks
  BIG Plans for Website and Forum  (34   1 2 3 4)
Hey guys I'd like to discuss future plans for our website and forum with you all, likely only three--me, gazuz and ravique--are here regularly. My goal is to make significant sum of revenue from this site that is dividable, so that each of us will get home some cash every day. I want to hit the...
I found this on the web. Can anyone tell em how to set it up? Is it an EA, indicator? #1 off_pips (to tell the system how many pips above and how many pips below the market you want to put the orders. #2 stoploss_pips (to tell the system how many pips trailing stop you want on each order) #3 lots...
I am able to show arrows on indicators but I can't figure it out on an expert advisor. It would be nice to see arrows that indicate buy and sell positions as well as closing of a position. Any help would be apreciated. Thanks, Randy
[Deleted]
Hi there, I have generated an EA and I ran the same EA on three different computers and received a different number of trades on each of the computer. One states 356 trades, another states 333 trades and the last computer states 310 trades. Can you tell me what may have caused the problem and how to
Hello everyone I am new to forex trading. I learned all the basics, traded on demo accounts, learned EA programming, and am forward test them. My questions are: Does EA really work on live accounts with all brokers? How does auto-trade work at the news time? Do you guys have any good or bad...
Hello all, (Great week huh?) I created an Indicator that loads into a seperate window. Can someone provide a code example that will prevent the Indicator from loading UNLESS the chart is < D1? I thought that doing a return(-1) would do it.... except the Indicator stills creates the seperate...
Does anyone have a reversal EA, one that takes one position and reverses when you signal it? Or a generic one that's well documented? I get what I want from my indicator, but I haven't been able to translate that into an EA that gets the profit that it should. Someone should write a good book...
With all the indicators I've tried and tested over the years the moving average remains the one with no flaws. Sure it lags, sure there is a non lag moving average which still lags some, but the moving average never varies from real price like macd, or stochastic , or dmi, or trendanything. I think