Expert Advisors? Question

Hi,
I recently bough an expert advisor from itmt4.com. I read in a different thread on this forum that if the advisor shows up in the terminal as gray then it was not compiled correctly, is that true? Reason I am asking because this specific EA is seems to be working correctly and quite well. I cannot view the coding like the 'stock' advisors? Is that a problem. I am very new to the foreign exchange market, and I don't want to put my money into something that will not work correctly. As I said everything seems to be working as expected (but i am a novice, so i'm not too sure what to really expect) in a demo account through interbankfx, but will something change in a live account? It would be greatly appreciated if someone with experience in this area can offer me advice.

Hi Bill McIntire,

Being gray does not mean it was not compiled correctly or incorrectly. It means that you only have the EX4 (executable) of the Expert and not the MQ4 (source code) of the Expert in your experts directory.

I can't answer the second part of your question, your concern about putting money into it (going from demo to live).

Regards,
pipthis
Reason: