General - page 1804

Breakout EA wanted  (17   1 2)
Hi! I am looking for a Breakout EA to optimize the settings for my trading strategy . After the close of the daily candle the EA should enter one buy and one sell trade: - Buy (Last Daily Close + Long Trigger, SL Long, Target Long) - Sell (Last Daily Close - Short Trigger, SL Short, Target Short) If
  Octaves V4  (2)
Can anyone point me to the manual for the octaves indicator. I'm trying to read up on what it does, it kinda looks like it might be fib numbers... but what do i know I tried searching, but couldn't find the PDF... maybe because we don't have one... i don't know. Any help is appreciated!
hi, I am looking for an EA which has these features 1. stoploss 2. Takeprofit 3. dynamic trail.... meaning breakeven & first move & 2nd move etc 4. open order conditions - which can be changed 5. close order conditions - which can be changed if anyone can direct me to such an EA that would be very...
[Deleted]
To start off, I am a beginner MQL programmer. Now, here goes a beginner question. I have a variable defined in my EA: extern double Lots = 0.1; However, when the EA trades, it uses 1.0 lots, even though the 0.1 is set under variable above. Could anyone please be so kind to explain me how do I make...
Hello, I am using the SendMail function.. works ok except when I send it to a sms gateway - which requires 7 bit encoding and just junks any 8 bit encoding message! :( It seems SendMail does 8 bit encoding.. is there any solution to this ? Thanks, Hugh
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006, the "Championship Report: Fourth Week" has been published (http://championship.mql4.com/2006/news/62/). It briefly summarizes the last week results. The Top Three is headed by Vdiddi38. ldamiani is on the second place with its open positions...
Hello all, I am new to MT and have a pretty basic ea and indicator that I am struggling to write. I have it pseudo coded but am struggling with the actual coding. I have the code working with a few exceptions - but it may be better to have someone start from scratch so i can use an expereinced...
i'm working to program a counter that will count when the moon is full to automate when good friday occurs, and as i was flowing through my river of thought, i encountered a dam. the method i'm taking seems simple enough to me, i've just never worked with code this way before. in order to count the...
  macd d1
hi i want to watch macd d1 diagram in the h1 chart, i tried change the period but it doesn t work. how can i do that
hi please covert this indicator to expert. add this input: period slow take profit stop loss .. see picture. thank you
Is anybody currently using or have tried the Automatic Pattern program from Metatrader-tools.com? I am currently on 7 day trial and I'm trying to find out more about it. Thanks in advance, mrtools
Hello, I was wondering if someone could take the stochastic oscillator that comes with the MT4 program and make an alert for me. All I want is when the stochastic oscillator crosses from above 50 and closes below 50 to sound and then when it crosses from below 50 and closes above 50 it will...
So i was looking at some data of a backtest I just did and noticed that I'm missing data between 2006.01.05 and 2006.01.23 but I still made the profit? My expert does several trades everyday but here theres a big gap and then poof theres $8,000 that appears 28686 2006.01.05 11:18 buy 14344 0.10 1...
Anyone having problems accessing their platform yet????? They sent out an email on how to reset the server address, but it is not working!!!!!??????? Anyone been able to get back on yet???? help..... thanks
  Hedge Ea  (34   1 2 3 4)
Hi Scorpion or any coder for that matter, could somebody translate this MT4 EA to MT3. It is used for closing hedged position when a chosen total pip value is reached. Very profitable when the right hedge combination is chosen example Buy GBP/USD and USD/CHF at the same time and take profit at 10...
  Robot Power EA  (22   1 2 3)
I cann't get good model quality but it can range from 75%-86% wins Use on 1 hr-4hr chart with default settings. Gbp$ and Euro$ Can any one get good modeling quality? I get an error at the beginning of testing "not enough bars for this stradigy" takes a few befor it starts trading. But once it does...
Can anyone provide a reliable resource for determining artificial and abnormal pair moves?
Dear Boaders, Does anyone have any idea how to mask external input value with ***** sign while keying in? The reason is that i wanted to password protect my EA for distribution. The current method will allows preying eyes seeing the password being typed. The code i'm using now is this. extern string
Hello . I have been looking at different threads for awhile and I noticed that there are some very talented programmers here. I was wondering if one of the programmers could take the stochastic oscillator that comes with the MT4 program and make an alert for me. All I want is when the stochastic...
In my computer, LocalTime() is always GMT+0. Yet on several friends's computer located in different parts of the world, their LocalTime() is totally way off. My Computer's TimeZone is "GMT+8". My friend's Timezone are either GMT+2, GMT+0, GMT-5... all having different results. Can anyone shed...
Can I use the same EA for different symbols with different parameters ? Can I have a 20 Moving Average for a symbol, and a 50 Moving Average in another? Thanks for help
  Indicator Requests for EA.  (20   1 2)
I have a profitable system but it's manual at this point. I am very willing and able to automate it, but need a bit of help on the indicators and thought it might just be easiest to ask. I am in need of the following indicators: Accumulation Swing Index. Calculation SI (i) = 50 * (CLOSE (i - 1) -...
i made EA with simple strategy but it not work it dont open position and i dont know why its strategy works well with most pairs and time frames (not more H4) please help me
I'm having a problem with one of my MT4 indicators: it's the Two_Colour_MA When you press the home key to go further back on the chart the indicator goes crazy. Then when you go back to the current time on the chart it's still going crazy. Any tips on how to solve this or is this? Is it programming...
[Deleted]
I'm having a problem with one of my indicators: it's the Two_Colour_MA When you press the home key to go further back on the chart the indicator goes crazy. Then when you go back to the current time on the chart it's still going crazy. Any tips on how to solve this or is this? Is it programming...
  $x per month.  (14   1 2)
Hi, I'm thinking of selling my strategy. Ive backtested it with 90% modelling quality and gives return of 350% without compounding and the equity curve is a very smooth one. Now I want to charge $x per month for its use. I would like to know what code do I put in the expert so that it will stop...
[Deleted]
Ok, I think you can see what I'm trying to do here.... I want to record to the journal when a trade loses.... So I pop this little function in just before the order closes... RecordLongOutcomes(); OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),Bid ,SlipPage,Violet); // We close the order return(0);[/PHP]...
This function should return number of opened trades per symbol. It's ok except on the last pair on the chart. IF there (on the last pair) are no opened trades this function always returns -1. Here is the function: int subTotalTrade() { int cnt, total = 0;...